Sketchbook: PaintMyBrain's sketchbook - It's full of wonders! - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: what of those things do I need to practice on the most right now regarding the body?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Muscles

1 50.00%
  • Faces

0 0%
  • Rendering

0 0%
  • Sketching

1 50.00%
  • female body

0 0%
  • male body

0 0%
  • feet

0 0%
  • bone structure

1 50.00%
  • children

0 0%
  • old people

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! That bird is awesome!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

:)

Thank you very much! Your putting a smile on my face, Im very glad that you like it. Cheers

Cheers/ your friend PMB

"Painting my brain with memories of the future"
    Pencil and brush is my choice of weapons!

My Sketchbook!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177145&page=8

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PaintMyBrain! Thanks for being the first person to post on my SB, I was feelin' a bit lonely mate haha, you needn't be so impressed with my drawings, they take me hours to do and as I said the last few were copied from a Barrington Barber book, I study them to get an idea of how to render things nicely, you should maybe give it a go as well, it really gives you an idea of what to look for... I'll try some fantasy stuff real soon, though it'll probably end up a mess, I'm bang on the still life at the moment, trying to master inanimate objects before I move on to figures... Yeah it'll be cool to catch each others progress and help each other out, and I'll definitely try out that photo/imagination thing you suggested... Can't wait to see more of your work man, and thanks for the positive comments. Catch ya real soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

thx

Thanks Xayo, I will reply to your post in your sketchbook. I really appreciated your post m8!

I've made some small changes to the sketch and Ive started to define the lines to see that it looks hopefully kind of correct. Thats my wish hehe. I made her mouth point alittle bit more up on her left side because her head is alittle tilted to the left. I made her left cheek a little bit skinnier and I made some small changes to her thumb and the area between the thumb and her pointfinger.

Now I really need to study, Going back to this one later today and then im gonna define the shadows a little bit and maybe start with some skin coloring and detailing the eyes.

Keep checking in for the progress and please tell me if something looks shitty wrong now so that I have a chance to make it better

love u all, cheers / Brain

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, this portrait's coming along real nice, the lines are nice and clean and I can really see the form of the nose, can't wait to see some light and shadow on there! I replied to your last post in my sketchbook, thanks for all your support! Let's just keep grinding man and we'll both be better artists in no time!

Peace.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks. I hope it will be good. I think Im gonna take a nap and then get a go on that one. So tune in to see the progress. Thank you! yeah well help each other, its really fun. Seeya

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey brain, great job with the portrait. The nose and mouth are spot on. My only critic before you lay down some shadow is fixing the eyes. They should not be so much of a football shape. Look at your photo again or take a look at some eye pics.

I hope this did not sound too negative.
    Can not wait to see the final product!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Paint, Maxx Biff is right lol really look at the eyes and see their shape. A LOT of people do that with eyes try and stay away with symbols ie Generic eyes and noses and mouths and ears. are you studing your anantomy? lol bit off topic yesterday I spent like 4 hours drawing, but I wasnt drawing like 100% of the time more like 45-50% because of the damn T.V - Watching T.V and trying to draw is a bad combo. Then my nephew came over and I think he stole one of my mech pencils I'm kinda pissed that he would do that and hes only 6. I think he did it because he thinks that the pencil is the most awesome thing ever, and he loves drawing like me. wow anyways lol that wasn't really needed huh... Anyway keep studing, copying other peoples work is a good way of learning hom to draw stuff, I should try that I allways wanted to copy something from da vinci

The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks both of you for posting, critique is the best way to learn. I'm replying to both of you. I know the eyes is hard cause if something is wrong youll see it directly. But as I've read your comments and looked at the photo I do have to say that the shape is quite similar to the photo, maybe this girl has eyes like that? haha. I don't really know what to do with the eyes. But they might come out better later with the details and shadows whick will hopefully make them pop out a bit. If you got any directly tips regarding the shape of the eye please tell me I will start with the body so you might have some time to tell me before it's to late.

Anyway thank you and Iäm only glad your brave enough to tell me stuff like that.

Diarum- haha did you get the pencil back? And yes when I draw I listen to music and nothing else, I need full focus. Btw I'm not copying other peoples work cause it's a live photo which means that I don't have any style or tecknique to go on just my own ahha. Well ofc its a way of copying but I think you know what I mean.

I'm gonna think about the eyes but I will start laying some shadwos now. Check back in a few hours. Cheers

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

third update

hey!

This is the third update of my portrait. I started from the left with the shoulder and worked my way to the right, the last thing I made was the hand. I erased the lines surrounding the fingers and the arms and tried to define them with values instead. It's hard but looks more real I believe. I'll make some details to her "dress" and make the shadows inside her hand then I'm off to beginning on her face. I think I will leave her head for last because some of it will be over her face and her forhead so I believe that will be the best way to go.
    So far I've worked on her for about 2 hours.

Cheers

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your eagle drawing is the best,
    you should draw more animals.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey M8,

Some great stuf, like somebody mentioned before try working more with values instead of lines. Also, i saw some portraits where the teeth are accented to much, try drawing them darker, and not all of them (the front ones and a few next to it). So it really looks like they are Inside the mouth.

Grts!, and keep em comin :p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

thank you guys

To you both and to everybody else posting here I just want to say how grateful I am! I do really appreciate you stepping by, helping, pushing, encouraging me in my progress. I really do want to get better, I hope that shows and I can't tell you how much easier and more fun you make this trip.

Danlucas- Thank you very much m8! I am very proud of that one. Hehe well yeah I might try some other animals this weekend just for you!

Fullmetaljacket- Hello and thanks for stopping by. Yeah values is tricky but I am right now practicing on that with my last work, the portrait which Im not finished with yet. I am saying to my self that lines doesn't exist but somehow they keep on coming, great tip! About the teeth, yeah okey I'll try that next time, stuff like that is really good to hear. Now everytime I draw teeth I will think of what you said. Thank you very much for that post!

Here is the next step in my work with the portrait. I need to sleep now so I'll continue with it tomorrow. The shadows in her face needs more work, I will darken her skin color abit on the arm to fit with the rest of the body and the face. Then details for the eyes and I think she will be very pretty with some hair Seeyou all laters and thanks again!

I'll post all four progress pictures for you to see not only what I'm doing but in which order. If you have any tips regarding this please tell me

Cheers / Brain

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I need some tips, do you think I should use a stompfher, I don't know if thats the english word hehe. The thing insted of using your finger to smudgen out lines anyway. I'm thinking about using that on her skin to make it look more soft, what do you guys think?

Cheers / Brain

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alright here are some proportions that I can think of off the top of my head. Your face is big enough to fight 5 eyes across your face. I think that the eyes are to big. Eyes are half way down the head and your nose is half way from your eyes to your chin. Your mouth is about half way from your nose to your chin. Hope that helped.

I still havn't got my pencil back lol I'm at school atm so yea...

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks m8 thats some good advice. I'll try to make the eyes a little bit smaller. talk to you laters

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,320 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice ones! Love the latest one, especially her lips! though you should define the lines more to make it more readable, its all very hazy now. Also the eyes seem a tad too large. Keep on the hard work

EDIT: WHOOOPS where did the second page come from!?!?!!? hahaha ok my comment was for the latest one in the FIRST page haha! Anyways, nice to see some values! Are you working from a photograph? The eyes are way too big but its coming along!

Last edited by ~KJK~; February 19th, 2010 at 07:42 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work you did on the "nine".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh yea I also was going to ask you to post the picture that you are working from, this would greatly improve the advice that can be given

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi!
    Thanks for visiting my SB!
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/23829074/D...-Dynamic-Hands
    This might be helpful and fun!
    Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hey Mate

Whatz up?
    Nice picture there, but you should put the eye's smaller and the proportions are not right. There are other pages If you are interested in it, so do not be afraid of reading it.
    Well, here is a link to a little help for you.

http://fineart.sk/index.php?s=16&cat=14

Uhm, I do not think that you have to read all this pages if you do not want, but they are a great help.

Keep posting.

CyGear

PS: Sorry for my bad englisch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

thank you all for still checking in

Zerdron- thank you very much, it's a great movie. It was one of the first drawings I made from looking at a picture. Glad you liked it.

Parsiakora- Thank you for still being here helping me on my journey! Thank you, that's very kind of you to say. I know exaccly what you mean but it's hard. I wanted to try using a lot of values insted of lines but I may have taken away to many lines? When I'm done with the shadows in her face I'll try to define some lines, I did define alittle bit on the nosetip and on the lips but I don't want to make to many lines. I have made the eyes smaller as I will show in this attatchment. I hope it looks better, with some color and detail in the eyes I think it will look kind of good. hehe yeah I have 2 now wohooo! And yes it is from a photo. seeya m8!

Diarum- Well I just need to ask, is it okey to post any picture because of copyright and such? If you don't think it's a problem I'll post it.

M.J.- no problem, that's what we are here for. Thanks for the link, I really appreciate it. I will have a look at it as soon as I have time. Take care

CyGear- Hey Im all good. Getting ready for a party night but I can't still get away from this forum. It's really fun to talk to you all! Thanks yeah I have made some changes cause a lot of people said that and when I looked at the photo I saw that myself. I hope this is better. Thanks for the link, I will have a look at it and your english is fine, as long as we understand each other. Peace out

Here is the update on the eyes. It's still a lot more work but I did make them a lot smaller. I hope it looks better.

Love / Brain

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No I don't think so because your not passing the photo as your own and are not saying that it is yours so I don't see why not and I don't think even so that the person will ever see it on this website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

okey Diarum

Here is the photo that I have as reference

(This photo is not owned or taken by me I only use it as reference for my latest drawing)

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

next update

got some detail for the eyes, did some eyelashes and tried to draw her eyebrows. Man eyebrows are not that easy to draw. The eyelashes is shown more when the picture is larger, I will post a larger picture when it's complete. And I defined some lines, the lines where the tro arm parts meet and where her arm meets her upper body. Enjoy

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

here is the last update of only the eyes

I do like to show progress from sketch to finish its fun to see how it comes more and more to life and its easier for you to help me on the way.

Cheers / Brain

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Brain! good to see the progress! You are right the eyes are a bit football shaped. I think it stems from the fact that they seem flat the line curves around the ball that makes up the eyes. Your line just looks a bit flat. If im not to late, when i get home i will scan in a pic of some eye drawings from your reference. Maybe i can show a difference or maybe i will end up with football eyes too! lol

sketchbook - http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=181789

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wow....kewl

Well, your picture is getting better, but it is important that you put the eyelashes a little bit under or above the eyeball.
    I had updated my SB so you can see what I try to say...
    Just look on my eyes

BTW: Nice picture

CyGear

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hello again

Yo Maxx! Thanks. yeah I moticed that I've tried to push them together some. Ill post this later. A good tip! Thank you, do that its fun to see how you would draw them. Talk to you later

This is a speed sketch, 4 min drawing from a photo ref. Peace

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cygear- Thank you for that very kind post. I answered in your thread. Keep checking in! / Brain

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 8