Sketchbook: PaintMyBrain's sketchbook - It's full of wonders!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: what of those things do I need to practice on the most right now regarding the body?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Muscles

1 50.00%
  • Faces

0 0%
  • Rendering

0 0%
  • Sketching

1 50.00%
  • female body

0 0%
  • male body

0 0%
  • feet

0 0%
  • bone structure

1 50.00%
  • children

0 0%
  • old people

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Red face PaintMyBrain's sketchbook - It's full of wonders!

welcome, I am Paintmybrain and this is my story.

I'll try to keep it short. My real name is Anton and I am 22 years old. I been searching for something to be good at for all my life. I've tried most of the sports there is and so on, but nothing stayed. My brother paints and have always tried to get me to paint as well. But i never got caught and I never felt that this is something I could be good at. But in December 2009 I felt that it was time. I really wanted to have something to be proud of. So I started to draw and have done since.

This Sketchbook will show my "hopefully" progress from this time and forth. With a littlebit of help from you guys (constructive critisism), I really hope that I will improve.

(The picture in this post will be updated from time to time, this will be my latest work or something that I am proud of) The rest will follow the order, beginner->

I hope we'll talk soon / Brain

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by PaintMyBrain; December 15th, 2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: I am not really new anymore
    Cheers/ your friend PMB

"Painting my brain with memories of the future"
    Pencil and brush is my choice of weapons!

My Sketchbook!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177145&page=8
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum!

For the work, it doesn't look to bad for someone who's been drawing for 2 weeks, the eye is particular done well.

For improvements the neck of the second picture is to long and narrow, if you took yourself and looked in a mirror you can see it only moves in slightly and then moves outwards to the shoulders. If you were to look at anatomy you will be able to see the bone structure and how it may help.
    Also if you have time try line sight measurement that way proportions are kept together

Thanks

Thank you for replying

I was very glad reading your post. They eye was the drawing which took the most time so I'm happy you liked it. I will try to redo the neck on the girl for my next post. Very good critique. Thanks I will look at some of those things a bit more. i'm still so new that it's hard to know what to do really.

The next drawing took me about 2.5 hours and is from the game ??. I really took the time practicing making the shadows which was really fun when I noticed the result wasn't that bad.

i was using a HB-pen for the first sketch then I used 2B for the rest, the shadows is made with this thing I don't know the name of, it's like a soft stick or something

Seeya

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,320 Posts
    Hey there and welcome! nice start for a sketchbook, and the work seems great for someone so new to the whole art thing as you are! Anatomy books by andrew Loomis and George Bridgman are something you should get your hands on (Loomis books you can get free from the nets) Keep drawing and youll get there in no time

-Parsa

Thanks

:)

I will start this post to say thank you Parsa for your nice comment. Those words that make you thrilled to draw some more. I will look up Andrew expecially since I've heard that he is really great a couple of times now. Thanks again!

Nathan here is the girl again, the new is to the right, I tried to make the neck a bit better i hope that it shows. Don't look at the shadows and what not because I haven't worked on that at all.

If anyone have something fun that I can try to draw I would appreciate it because I need to expand my imagination. Cheers!

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks

more

Just some random things and on going sketches. Wall-e is in sketch face as you see and the character from the movie 9 also, I just tried to make the shadows on his head, any tips about the texture on the body? the rest is an eye from Avatar, a boy that I found on Deviantart, a fast sketch of a music artist, some 10 second eyes and a garden of eye-flowers, just for fun.

I need to study but I can,t stop drawing!

I will try to finish Walle-e and 9 under this week but I will post some of the progress, helpful qritique is welcomed with love.

Cheers!

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks

Merry C to you all!

This is my sketch and the almost finished version of the character from the movie 9. The diamond he is holding in his right hand is not finished though I don't really know how to make it look sparkling only using charcoal, ideas?
    i hope you all have some peaceful days.

take care

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Hey man it's great that you decided to start drawing! There is very much fun to be had

One thing I would say about the portrait of the girl in particular is that when you're looking at your photo reference notice that there are not actually lines... it's all shapes of color and shading. Practicing drawing with value instead of lines will help you towards getting more realistic drawings.

Thanks

Thank you

Thanks for your post, I'm really glad people are so nice as your self, even though I am such a beginner. It's great what you said about values, I haven't thought about it. Sounds really hard I must say but I will start practicing right away.

This picture is a sketch and I will try to follow it through. i have really bad imagination so I am trying to just draw out from my mind. This was a test, any ideas for the mouth, aint really happy with that at the moment. ?

cheers

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Sorry it took so long to look at your sketchbook, but here I am!...You probably don't even care do you? *sob*

Anyways, even in this short amount of time you've improved so much! The profile on your last post is cool and I really like the eye, but try using downward arcs for the top eyelashes, that'll make it more realistic. I'll be checking in more, so show us what you've got.

Thanks
    Great looking updates! Youre already improving, I cant wait to see you from few years from now The pencils are coming along nicely, you should learn some head construction, as it helps the image come together better! keep it up!

Thanks

Hey I am back :)

Hey Gogojojo, haha ofc I care even though I know it seems like I don't. Sorry have been really stressed out about school.But I'm back and will upload a bunch of new sketches this week, a few of them was school work actually. Thanks for your post, I was really happy to read it when I got back here. The eyelashes thing has crossed my mind, I think you know what I mean. Seeya m8

Parsakoira thank you for your again very kindly post. I will as I said post some new stuf and I hope you will like at least one of them The head yeah, I have bought books which includes that and anathomy and such so I am practicing even though It's kinda hard. Hope to hear from you again!

I will post three pictures today. It is a guy sitting by a tree and he has like a mouth on the back of his head. This isn't finished though. The face was supposed to be a kid, I looked at a photo of a baby but in the process he became older. But I think he is kind of fun though cause you can't really tell his age, can you? And then there's a kangaroo haha Enjoy

Later this week I will post an image which I worked on for school which also is imo my best work so far. I am trying, I am practicing, so be patient, I will be great some day

Have a good night, cheers yall!

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks

the pics that I deleted from my first post

this is my most earliest work but I want to keep updating the first post so I'll just post them here so that I have all the pictures gathered in this thread.

(It's an eye which I made from looking at a tutorial, the blue is from Avatar and the wierd guy is from the movie 9)

Cheers

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    The kangaroo looks good, and the eye in the last post looks very realistic Have you got your hands on one of them anatomy books yet? Some life drawing would help your progress a lot, say like, go sit in a park and draw the ppl around you, or take your sketchbook with you when having a long bus trip and draw all the people you see there! (btw that avatar movie was awesome!)

Thanks
    There we go! Those eyelashes are looking alot better. I'll try to help any time I think I can.

Thanks
    These are nice I don't know if anyone already said this to you but anatomy and stuff like that are very important to start learning. Other then that keep up the good work look forward to seeing more in the future.

The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

Thanks

A few new

Parsiakoira thank you for checking in every now and then much appreciated! Thanks, I love kangaroos haha. No I have not but I bought 2 books with a lot of basic tricks for drawing which seems pretty good. Any good anathomy book you have in mind? that's a good tip, when the snow starts to melt I am planinng on doing that, sitting in the park and draw people around me. Yeah that movie is great! Cheers!

Thank you Gogojojo I really need to practice the basics of the human body and head, but it is really hard you know. Keep checking in and I'll do the same for you even though I really can't help you with anything cause your so good.

Diarum it's great you found your way here Anathomy yeah, I've heard that before hehe. i know it's important I just havn't started with that yet. I tried for starters just to make this something I'd really enjoy and now that I do I'll start practicing the more boring but important stuf like anathomy (imo). Cheers

And as for the new pictures the first three I did for school. I was supposed to look at a picture of any animal and draw it, do the same with a flower but a flower which I had at home and the last I got to choose any item at home. The eagle is so far what I am most proud of, I really hope you guys like it. The girls, I found a pic on the net and I like the pose but I just can't seem to get it right :/ whats wrong with her? The military guy is from call of duty.

And remember I am a beginner, I will read all of your comments and think about what you say is important. I really appreciate all of you encuraging me to keep going. Take care for now

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 917 Posts
    cool start for your sketchbook dude
    if you dont already you should get your hands on some Bridgemen/Loomis books theres some free PDF ones you can find on the net they will greatly improve you figure drawing and contruction skills. just keep studying man
    looking forward to seeing your progression
    have a good one
    till next time
    -Jamie

Thanks
    The bird turned out well, i love the details in the eye! Nice looking portraits too, I like the first one most! Have you used any reference for those? Its great that youre doing poses and perspectives as hard as those are, and not just doing the "easy" ones most does. Getting out of your comfort zones is one of the greatest challenges Keep it up!

Thanks

hey guys

-Omerta great to see you here and thank you I am as you know only a beginner but I need inspiration and critique on the way to get better so feel free to stop by every now and then. Loomis I've got but I havn't looked in them a lot but I promiss I will. Seeyou soon

-Parsiakora, thank you very much, I spent some time with that one great that you liked it. Yes I found a picture on the net which someone else had drawn. Yes thank you It's funny to give your self a challenge some time. But I feel like I need to start studying the basics of drawing and the mostly the human body. But I am on my way. I love to draw you know! So fun to finally have a hobby. The last sentence is really something to think of. Seeya soon

I am just sitting and trying to draw, I don't really know what to do so I took some pictures of my hand and started trying to draw them. Hands are hard but I'll share them with you (fast sketches, not polished finished work )

P.S Don't take the "fuck you" hand personal, I love you guys for helping me here it was just a fun pose.

Cheers / Paintmybrain

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Hey man, I think it would be better if you focus more on drawing from life and breaking down the way we see things and then moving to imagination work
    Some anatomy and proportion studies will help too.

Keep updating

VatselArt@Gmail.com

Vatsel.com

Facebook page . Twitter

Thanks
    Keep going. I'm interested to see how you develop.

Thanks

:)

Thank you for commenting

-Vatsel, That's a great tip, I know I should do that and I promiss I will. When it starts to get warmer I will spend a lot of time outside drawing people from real life. It's just to cold for now :/ Seeya laters

-Artsysiridian, I'm glad you are! Me too actually I'm gonna look in my Loomis books a lot the next days. I hope I'll improve and I promiss to show you how it's going. Have a good one!

I posted this bird today and the eye a couple of days ago but I just had to post this one as well. It's nothing serious, I just photoshopped the eye on the bird and it looks so cute haha

Cheers

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks

Goodnight

It's 1 a:m here in Sweden so it's time for me to sleep now. I just finished a little sketch. The pose I found in a picture of a friend witch I took a long time ago. I looked a little at that and just tried to do something from my fantasy. It's a little to short i believe but here it is. Nothing fancy but I'll try draw him another day with more details and correct anatomy.

Goodnight you all cheers

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks

Happy valentines day

Hello again! I just did a sketch from a photo of a friend while he was at work

I wish you all a great day!

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Hey man, how's it going? I was reading through your intro and saw that you're pretty new to drawing... Me too... I've been at it since midway through January and I'm really taking to it. I'm hoping to post some stuff on here real soon. Liking your eagle and your hand studies, wish I could get em down like that! Anyways, just swingin' by to say hello really, I'll catch ya soon.

Xayo

Thanks

yo

-Xayo, thank you for checking in, Im glad to see you here. Oh then your a real freshy! It's fun aint it? And even more fun when you find CA where you can talk to other people with the same enthusiasm as your self. I would love to see where your at and I hope we can help each other to get better I promiss to look at your SB as soon as u post something! comeon let me see!
    Thank you for that! makes me happy to hear. Seeya soon m8

I will post some sketches that I did from some photos. Trying to practice on different expressions. Seeya guys

Cheers!

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Your birds rock! Try doing some human anatomy studies to help give your figures some realism. other than that keep posting!

my sketch book - http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=181512

Thanks

Good evening

Hey!

Maxx_Biff- Thank you for that! I know I should, I am trying to practice on posemaniacs but they still get too ugly to post here But I am pracicing. Do u have any other ideas regarding anathomy studies? Seeya

I tried to use posemaniacs today again but they still come out groosly ugly haha. But I did some fast drawings from photos, especially the eyes-area which I love to study and draw. Here is two examples of this. Keep checking in and help me improve.

Cheers / PMB

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Thanks

hello again

I have alot of going on with studies right now but I try to draw when I have time. Tonight I only had time to make a sketch, I have a photo as reference of the girl which Im trying to draw. So far I have only made a very soft sketch. Tomorrow I will try to continue with it, darken the lines, make some details and start with some shadows maybe.

Cheers / Brain

Cheers/ your friend PMB

My Sketchbook!

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1