Steampunk
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Steampunk

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Steampunk

Hey everyone. =) I'm new here.

This was for a school project, but even though it's already been passed in I wanted to fix some of the issues (the perspective is off, for one).

Advice/critiques/paint-overs would be fantastic!

Thanks! =)

Name:  steampunk.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  119.3 KB

Last edited by undeadmonkey; December 22nd, 2009 at 11:01 AM. Reason: image was unnecessarily huge
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Shouldn't be too much trouble to change the perspective:
    If the background is in it's own layer, just use a perspective distorion. The least effort would be to just diminish the vertical lenght.
    I guess, the main problem is the floor, which has top much of a top view instead of a front view, relative to the motor bike boy.

Background could have some more details and eventually some more geometric edges - especially the house and it's door on the left side. Not too much of course, as it's not the focus of your artwork, lying behind in the distance.

Also (especially for eventual edited background with a more horizontal floor, which needs some help on creating the illusion of depth) I'd try adding some more depth by reducing color (or in your case - dip into the orange tune, that your artwork is given) and contrast, the further away you go.
    Anyways, nice picture with great athmosphere - it somehow reminds me of a place in midgard from Final Fantasy 7 - some place in town... I guess it's the part where cloud flees from the soldiers, by jumping on/into that train where barret and co. await him to appear.

rgds

Last edited by Swamp Thing; December 24th, 2009 at 04:05 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.