TAFE vs UNI (aus) for 3D modeling/animation? HELP!!!
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: TAFE vs UNI (aus) for 3D modeling/animation? HELP!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

TAFE vs UNI (aus) for 3D modeling/animation? HELP!!!

Ok. So, here's a very long, long situation made short.

I wanted to know from people who had a good feel of the business what would be better for me to study? Tafe or uni? Both offer benefits of some kind. I want to work in 3D modeling or animation, in film or games (though i've always leaned towards the games industry subconciously).

The Tafe course is "Screen Art: Game Artists" and offers an intense course of mostly modeling (and associated tasks), and helps you build up a demo reel at the end.

The Uni Course- at UniSA is "Media Arts"- majoring in Animation. This course offers less intense work in 3D modeling, but seems to cover animation more heavily. Unfortunately, i've heard little about creating a demo reel.

Both courses cover media conventions heavily, though the uni course leans slightly towards film technique in some aspects.

At this stage, I'm really not sure what to do. Is uni unnecessary for this area? Is tafe a bad choice? It's almost crunch time with choosing which way i wanna swing, and i'm hoping some people with industry experience will hear my plea and offer some seriously needed guidance.

Where your once steely reserve is now merely tinned,
    You'll find it all in Morrowind

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTIC-EXPIALIDOSKETCH
    | LYNO | GRAFGUY | NANOBLACK | SUBLIMUS |
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not in the industry yet (still studying at Griffith Uni in Brisbane) but I'd argue do a uni degree because understanding how things are actually animated will make you a better modeller because you'll understand how the rigs have to move that you're making.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 1