Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Love the crabs! Your gestures are lovely. They are quite a challenging feet to partake in. I'm impressed sense of movement you have in your gestures. I'm still striving to get that kind of feel to them. I wish had some advice, but I don't see anything wrong or out of whack. So, keep it up, your doing great!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to loper42 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I think the cute creature in #76 needs a name, don't you?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to furiana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    [edit: forgot to do replies!! you all!]

Marlee Thanks! Gotta keep movin!

Loper42 I suppose not seeing anything wrong is good! Thanks for stopping by.

furiana Oh yes indeed. How about Snobble. Yeah, Snobble fits him nicely.

---

Whew, got sidetracked by school again. One more week though! Hopefully no more big distractions.

As I was going through CA 101, I realized I needed to solidify my perspective knowledge. I've been doing seedling's perspective 101 to do that. I'm still a bit confused about creating boxes that appear to be on the same ground plane, as in buildings on level ground that aren't parallel to each other. I think I have it right, but the specific examples I'm doing aren't very realistic.

Also, some traditional gestures above. Trying to fit several on small pages, so they're kinda janky. I will get better.

That's all for now, more very soon!

Attached Images Attached Images          

Thanks
    funny stuff because I was thinkg that perspective was something that I was not seeing on here but then you go and update with some perspective I think that you should do more still lifes then you pretty much have all of your bases covered

The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Diarum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Wow great studies. Your really going to learn allot about perspective. I love the freehand people like gestures. I need to do more perspective. Your really doing great. You have definitely improved since page 1.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to loper42 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey man, awesome stuff on here. Jest keep doing what you are doing and draw the heck out of everything! Looking forward to seeing more stuff.

Eraiasu.

Help wanted
    >>>Sketchbook<<<

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eraiasu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Diarum Thanks for stopping by! Will keep it all up then!

loper42 Thanks loper, it's good to hear from other people that you are improving.

Eraiasu Thanks a ton!

---

Mm late post tonight. Wanted to get this expression sheet done. Missing about 3 at this point, but needed to post and hit the hay. Sorry if these sentences are poorly constructed.

Some enlightening work today. The expressions were harrrrd. I need a lot more practice to get consistency and good character. I sort of repeated similar poses, angles and facial features a lot. The seemingly random objects are for an upcoming project. More on that later.

I think I'll try some interesting perspective studies soon to figure out more about the problems I'm having with it.

Last edited by ErikHolfelder; July 30th, 2010 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks
    Currently trying to read the Graphic Artists' Guild Handbook. It seems extremely dense and monotonous...and so far really obvious. I'm not sure how it's supposed to be used really beyond reference for pricing guidelines. Also reading Art & Fear btw.

Today was alright. Fun with jenga blocks! They're an easy thing to set up for a perspective study. All the vanishing points were off the page, so I was trying to get it as close as possible without attaching a bunch of papers. I think getting a good eye for it will be really important. (I can definitely see a bunch of issues on the scan)

These muscles studies are fun. I think they're helping solidify my anatomy.

Then some simple creature sketches for my comic.

Gotta keep movin!

Thanks
    Just throwing up studies from today. Some of the gestures felt decent. The value study is meh, but I'm learning. I was trying to focus on edges and big strokes...still came out just sorta a mess. ~1.5 h

I'm gonna be drawing some more comic project things and reading some more. Trying to make sure I'm doing everything i can to make this work. Gotta keep pushing!

Thanks
    Nice sketches. Your people are very expressive. I love the Jenga blocks. They're cool. Where did you get the 25 essential expressions challenge? I really want to try it now.

For some reason, I feel like the muscle study is a little thin proportionally. To be honest, I can't think of anything to critique. Just keep doing what your doing. Great job!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to loper42 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    loper42 Thanks for stopping by loper, your encouragement means a lot! The expression sheet is a meme on deviantart, here's the link. (super useful!)

---

Last day of the month. I think some things are starting to come easier. So much left to learn though.

One page of gestures, still working out bridgman ideas. One more page to go to get to this week's 50 for spartan camp - I wanted to do the camp justice this week. I like the colors on this apple, the rest is just alright. I spent a while reworking the basic structure, so I didn't end up finishing it very much in the 1.5 h I had to do it.

Then an eekoliter from Splesh! This is a race of little dudes from my comic project. Want to start working on finished illustrations, so here's an attempt. I know there's probably so much more I should do, but at a certain point when you are a beginner it's just shooting blind. I'll think about it some more though and see if there's anything else I can do. ~2.5 h

Must keep pushing!

Thanks
    Quick update for now. Just some gestures in a different style. Some are kind of forced, others felt alright.

I'm out of school for the summer now, so got a couple really light weeks ahead. Prepare for epic drawing spree!

Thanks
    Really good studies, keep doing it!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ccp85 For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.