Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I see you've been busy! Love the variety you've got going on here. Your figure drawings look alive (all curvy and organic). A lot of studies under your belt which can only be a help in the long run.

My Sketchbook

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -- Confucius
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to purplegoat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    purplegoat Thanks man, I hope you're right!

---

Some studies and stuff. Life, self portrait, life, leonardo, and glowy light studies. I need more practice with them, not sure how to achieve the effect really.

More!

Attached Images Attached Images        

Thanks
    Great, diverse approach to studying here! I really like the second cup on post 117. The SPs on 106 also look solid though you could've pushed the darks more. Another thing that caught my eye is the use of white in your digital color studies. For depth, it would be good if even the lightest spots would have a hue and saturation and 100% white is just flat, boring white. Keep them coming!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to smuli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    smuli Yes you are totally right about the white. I think the problem is the surrounding tones are too bright or something, so I think I have to go white to make them stand out. Something to work on.

---

Quick dump, trying not to bore you with crappy gestures and diagram studies. The self portrait at the end was coming along, but at a certain point I still feel like I "lose it" in the rendering. I got further though I think. I just don't have the brush control I need to get the edges I see. More practice! I think the value range is a little better though. The likeness is a bit off as well.

Thanks
    OH MY GOODNESS you are on a roll I can't believe how much you've accomplished in the last few weeks. I really like the studies a few posts back where you overlayed the muscle and bone, they seem helpful. I would say with the figure drawings watch your form a bit more; sometimes they seem a little tooo exaggerated proportion and construction wise. Take the last one's arms and calves for ex. (I don't know though, maybe this is just the style..? I don't know much about these things. All i can say is that a few of them look a little "bendy", not solid.)

Keep going my friend! Don't you dare quit posting here, either, or i'll , er...find where you live And I want to see more digi still lifes!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlee. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Marlee Yes, I think you are right! I think what I'll do is study the planes of the body and see if I can't make it a bit more rigid and less formless. Thanks for stopping by, it means a lot! I've already failed in my posting, but had a couple things this week like the 24 hour comic that bit into study time.

---

I was shooting for this week's chow, Night and Day with this illustration. It's not really done yet, I may continue with it.

And a 24 hour comic! It was the 2nd, so I went and participated at a game store. It was quite an experience, and I'm pretty happy with the result (considering the time it was made in). Here's a sampler, and you can download the whole thing at deviantArt direct link deviation page. I did 20 pages, didn't want to stretch it for more than it was worth.

Thanks
    Here's a few life drawings. I haven't been posting quick gestures, but I liked this first one so I threw it in the mix. More concentrated studies to come!

Thanks
    i love it, all of it! your anatomy and figure studies are amazing. so are your portraits, digital including. speaking of digital.. i want to see more environments!! the ones you have here are a really awesome start. more!!!!

my teeth and ambitions are bared - be prepared

Do you believe in this sketchbook?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to believer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    believer Thanks a ton, that really means a lot! Yes, I will definitely tackle some environments soon, I think I've been avoiding them (which means they're exactly what I need to do!)

---

Here's the lineup for today

Train sketches
    scapula studies (I love being able to take home bone models)
    scapula studies (I love being able to take home bone models)
    live model
    live model
    live model

Now, more! Gonna do some digi still lifes/environments.

Thanks
    Some humble offerings today. A failplum and a tiny enviro. I hate when it seems like your skills are getting worse. Lots on my mind, so I can blame it on that. I need to keep it simpler, like the enviro here. I've got a long way to go and gotta start with a solid foundation.

Garg.

Thanks
    A few sketchbook pages today, got a few neat projects planned.

Thanks
    Hey eekolite! I like the drapery studies A LOT, shading is great, but lets see more contrast, and watch the shading on the darker underside of the cloth - when the hatches go in opposing directions like that it makes it kind of confusing. I like where you're going with the boat enviro, for some reason the muted colors really get to me I am jealous of your take home scapula! Gosh where can i get one of those... Oh, and with your latest hand studies, stress the construction more! Hands are too easy to flatten out , maybe when you draw them try to get down the block form first and then treat each finger segment as an individual cylinder... it helps to practice this with foreshortening, and show cylinders retreating into space. Oh, and lets see some feet too

One more thing - i think we should both try some more self portraits. I know i haven't really done one in forever, and i think if you do one in pencil instead of digi it'll help with those planes and hatching skills you're working on with the drapery.

Ahh good work keep it comin'!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlee. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Marlee Argh, you rock! You've got some really great advice. I'll be paying close attention to it, construction, hatching, all of it, since you're so spot on!! For now, here's a self portrait like you suggested. I spent a couple hours on it, probably 2.5. I still don't know what I'm doing with the hatching, but I was trying to imitate some really good artists like Miles. I think one thing that will help is to sharpen my pencils more often and make finer marks. I'll do more of these soon!

Garg, gotta do much, much more!

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.