Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu!
    Thanks
    Ghettos...mhh, none of them in our vicinity, but I will try to make some fotos. I do think we should work on the pow stuff individually though, to be elegible. I am happy to help though of course. I'll see what I can get hold on, ghetto wise.
    Later on I'm gonna post my ideas in the pow thread, I guess we should keep this thread for our team chow only.
    Also, I like the way our logo is turning out, I think it might be ready soon to use as avatar and Logo. I feel kind of useless, but I reall couldnźt add anything with paint and a mouse.

Cheers

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 850 Posts
    How's about some ruins or maybe an interesting shot of the harbor. Maybe do some sketches of a cool old school hang out. At this point I'm living vicariously.

Last edited by Raoul Duke; December 24th, 2009 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks
    this is my tracing of a piece of dh's work. This is just a personal exercise.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    A message from Chuck Norris

Thanks
    NOt sure if you can use any of those, but here are some fotos. Oh and If you think the skull is ready I am going to just use it as my avatar?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Janos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    great work Janos. My favorites are 1, 5 and 7. These are all so verry pretty, but I think #5 would be the easiest composition to work with.

Thanks
    So tomorrows the day of days. I guess as soon as the topic is announced We are all just going to go bonkers/mad with ideas, and that is good. I say we just write/draw everything we can think of and imagine on paper and then post it here. First just our personal approach, and then, we can mould it together to make our supermegatron team chow out of it and kick all the others asses in here.

GO PIRATE SHIP LOLLIPOP!

Edit: Oh and if you guys are up for it put up your new awesome avatars. Good job again to you DH and Raoul. The skull looks awesome.

Thanks

Thanks
    Yeha! Awesome. Now we only need DH to update and we are one awesome team. I am off to bed now, sorry guys but its late here. So exited about the topic.

Thanks
    Okay Guys, please do not hate me, but I had the luck to enter the team chow thread just as daestwen was putting up the new theme and it is....

drumroll.....

Tarot Card Characters

Interesting topic and if we do not go down the cliche route it is going to be awesome. Go read the description and rules in the general thread. I thought it would be wise to pick two of the major arcana already now, as they are going to be gone in a matter of hours. Who gets there first gets to pick. We are supposed to to 6 characters (or more) as the rule is two cards for each team member ( we do not have to work on two individually of course).
    Again, please do not hate me, but I picked The High Proestess and The Lovers, purely based on instinct, that they can make great cards/characters.
    Now, the brainstorming begins. In the attachment you will find, the two Tarot cards I enlisted us for. We have a minimum of 4 more to do. Of course I am going to leave you to pick the rest, and again, I wasn't tring to be selfish, I just thought I rather get in there fast. Also, as we decided to all work together on each characterm I guess all is well.

Last edited by Janos; December 26th, 2009 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks
    Some Ideas/themes we could use to tie our characers together:
    MIght be because I am in Italy atm and that I am half italian, but what if we somehow make the chracters typical italian ( For the Empress I imagined an old wise grann in the kitchen or something) and the lovers a handsome guy with slicked back dark hair, and a beautiful girl, with long dark wav hair and dark eyes. Clearlythere would have to be a twist to this theme, as it would be too boring otherwise. So how about making them Italian Countryside Steampunks. We could pick another card as the evil Mafioso who was refused by the girl and now tries to tear the lovers apart, even if they have to die. And there also could be her small brother with a mech dog or whatever. We could even go as far a romeo Juliette sort of backstor maybe. Just some ideas. Style wise think of the following moodboard. Again, your input is vital, because with your dimensions of thought added this could be most awesome.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Janos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Janos- I like the idea of using the Italian countryside for environments. I think an homage of Mucha would be classy. Remember steam punk is a scifi fabrication of the composition. The Victorian stuff is going to push the composition.
    here's a good link to give us some ideas http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...7&postcount=86

PS: Oh yeah absolutely no goggles or any other steam punk cliches. We don't want this to look like a gimmick.

Last edited by Raoul Duke; December 26th, 2009 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks
    Heyo,
    Nice to hear you like the idea. And I totally agree with the steampunk. I was just looking for something to make the rather "boring" approach of italian countryside more interesting. But I guess we can find other ways.

What do you think DH?

Also.... the link ou send me.... God how awesome is that post. That is something I really am aiming for. Being able to make these geaourgeous, artistic illustrations. Raoul, I think you really get what I like and what I dislike.
    Art nouveau is, how else could it be, also one of, if not my favourite artstle. The artistic approach, the layout and design sensebilities and the colours are just an ideal for me.
    I would love to do an Art nouveaou approach, but also here I guess we have to watch out not to slide into a cliche approach.

I had an idea for our italian countryside-with-a-twist-theme idea:
    What if we make the area we populate our characers in a warzone? And teh love affair of our beautiful lady an African? Just to spice things up? Or, specifically for the image of the Lovers: How about the image shows her sitting infront of her mirror, and on the mirrors edges there are fotos of her love. We get a character image and a story arch, and we wouldn't have to deal with the two characters in one image problem... which could actuall be quite exititing, for instance if they are interacting as lovers like kissing, or lying in bed. I guess the character design would be held quite low in that case.
    Also, I guess Raoul, you should go pick two cards that inspire you as well, before we are left with the scraps. I hope DH gets here in time to get what he finds inspiring. I mean, we are all going to work together in the end obviously.

Also, I just wanna state, that the italian idea, is just that.... an idea. What themes can you guys come up with?

EDIT2: Here is an homage to mucha I did two years ago. A quite blunt approach, but we could be subtler and use him as an inspiration rather then copying his style. For instance his way to paint hair.
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1240668273

Last edited by Janos; December 26th, 2009 at 04:06 PM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5