Character & environment concepts required for gothic fantasy style indie game project
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Character & environment concepts required for gothic fantasy style indie game project

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Character & environment concepts required for gothic fantasy style indie game project

Hi all,

I am looking for a highly talented, up-and-coming artist to create concept art for an indie game project I am developing. I require a number of concept pieces that will be used to establish the visual style of the characters and environment of the game. Some of the concept art may also be used to promote the game in the future.

The visual style of the game could principally be described as gothic fantasy with inspiration drawn from Ancient Egyptian and Babylonian cultures. It would be ideal if examples of your work demonstrated one or more of these styles, but obviously this is not necessary.

I will provide a detailed and informative brief on each concept to the selected artist, and am able to supply a wealth of information about the game, races, background story, etc. which may be used for inspiration and as a guide to developing the visual style of the concepts.

As this is an entirely self funded project, I have a limited budget available for this work, but I am willing to negotiate a fair rate based on the number of concepts and level of experience/quality of demonstrated work. This job would suit a talented artist who is looking to build up a body of commercial work to establish themselves in the industry. As such, there will be no limitations on displaying concepts developed for this project for the purposes of self promotion.

If you are interested in working on this project, please contact me at sandor@sixtimesnothing.com with both links to examples of your work and an indication of your rates. I am looking for someone who is able to start work soon, hence please also give an indication of your availability.

The game is currently in an early prototype stage, with much of the functionality in place (but no artwork). If you are interested, there is a video showing the recent prototype on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xf4I1ODpbQ

Thanks for your time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks to everyone who has applied. I am currently going through the applications and portfolios (there are a lot of them and the standard is exceptionally high!) and I will endeavour to reply to all applications by the start of the New Year.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This position has now been filled.

Thanks to all who applied. The standard of work here is exceptionally high and you made it very hard for us to choose!

We will keep all applications on record for any future work or projects which may come up.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.