Sketchbook: Liz's Sketchbook (Updated 9/18/11)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Liz's Sketchbook (Updated 9/18/11)

Hey everyone!
    I'm pretty new to CA (been lurking for a few weeks), and decided it was about time to start up a sketchbook on here.
    A little bit about me:
    My name is Liz. I'm a 22 year old VFX artist based in Los Angeles. I work on both the practical and digital sides of things, which is a lot of fun. I've also been doing a bit of commissioned artwork between jobs.

I decided to start up a sketchbook here because I know that I still have a lot of improving to do, and you guys all seem really nice (and knowledgeable :p).
    At this point, my skills seem to be kind of split- there are things I do better digitally and others I do better with traditional media. I'm hoping to balance this out.

I had the opportunity to do some matte paintings for a film this past spring, and I'm really hoping to be able to move my career in that direction once I get a bit more experience. With this in mind, I'm really hoping to improve my ability to paint more realistically "from my head" (I'm not aiming to scrap references altogether, but I would like to lean less heavily on them).

My true love is fantasy art, but I haven't done much over the last five years or so as I have been focused on developing my core art skills. Now that I'm out of school, however, I've been having a lot of fun delving back into the genre.

Now that I've bored you all to death with a novel of an introduction, on to the art.

EDIT: Art moved to second post.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone here

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by emclelland; September 19th, 2011 at 12:22 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.