Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Carl's Sketchbook

THIS IS MOST RECENT PIECE! GOT TO LAST PAGE
    Name:  0weezy.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  192.9 KB

hi im Carl im and 15years old and from london my ethinic is Afro-Carribean im
    also new and my dream is to be a concept artist these are a few of my sketches there not very good quality as i dont have a scanner so i had to take a picture of them but any way just want to make a contribution and learn from everyone. ive recently bought a anatomy book becasue i want to learn to draw correct porportion bodies so i am studying it in my own time.

i have alot of confesion to make my main one was i always told myself that you wouldnt make alot of my drawing but i come to realise its what i want to do and i jus love to draw regardless of the profit.

my final confession/big regret is i have just take my options for my GCSE and i havent taken Art i regret this with my life becasue ionly reaslied what i wanted to do after i chose my options. is is my biggest regret, but somehow because i have not taken art i have been drawing more than usual mabe because of guilt but more becasue i realised that ive wasted 2years of my life.

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Last edited by CarlSpringer; December 7th, 2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: uploading sketches
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry for double posting but the sketches have been uploaded finally

Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    you know, if you work hard within two years you could be a really good artist and still be young. Something that you may find inspiring is Miles sketchbook, he started at about your age and he practiced everyday and now two years later he makes me want to bash my head into a wall with every updates his sketchbook. You can see his progression here.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97046

So if you stay committed you will be fine, just keep finding your weaknesses and keep striving to improve. Also your pretty young more or less, most people on here started around your age.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thnaks for the words of wisdom i will look at his sketchbook ASAP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i no im double posting sorry but just got a scanner so my sketches will be better quality now

An Artist strives for Perfection, but never truly wants to find it, Creativity is Controlled Mistakes

"Carl Anthony Springer"

"those who ask a stupid question is stupid for a second. but those you do not ask the question is stupid for ever!"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you should work on your proportions rather than anatomy. Try getting all of loomis's books there are all awesome and really helpful.
    Keep it up!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to leanunlibro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Try to work a little more on gesture, and scratch as much as you need, don't be afraid to end up with a dirty sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by leanunlibro View Post
    I think you should work on your proportions rather than anatomy. Try getting all of loomis's books there are all awesome and really helpful.
    Keep it up!
    thanks i have been drawing some mannikins from his book and doing some proportions too

Last edited by CarlSpringer; December 19th, 2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: spelling error
    An Artist strives for Perfection, but never truly wants to find it, Creativity is Controlled Mistakes

"Carl Anthony Springer"

"those who ask a stupid question is stupid for a second. but those you do not ask the question is stupid for ever!"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All the proportion work was done today and is new!

the Skull is has been re mastered becasue it was old also it was from my imagination

and one continous line drawing was getting a bit bored

the portrait is very old i did a year ago for school work

any critisim and tips would be great

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there!
    Nice Loomis studies,and the rendering on the evil head kicks ass!
    I am 15 too,it is good to see other artists my age in the forum!
    Keep going!

MY SKETCHBOOK
    Friends' sketchbooks:
    Novbert
    BluezAce
    CarlSpringer

LtPlissken

"Storytelling is my passion.Shadows and lights are my muse.Art is my first love"-Shawn Martinbrough

http://www.freerice.com/-Help the starving by playing a trivia-each right answer means 10 grains of rice for the starving people!

http://durian.blender.org/-Awesome 3D movie project with Blender,a free 3D software!Check it out!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DSmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks and is also good to see someone my age too! ill check your sketchbook right away

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im going on holiday to Turkey today so on the aeroplane i will be doing a lot of sketches when i get back i will update my sketch book

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Carl, you draw much better than I did when I was your age.

Everything is better with dinosaurs.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandon Pilcher For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    trexmaster i take that as a great compliment. ill will be sure to draw more anatomy and proprotion and my line work i do a bit to much sketchy style drawing i need to be more confident with my lines and advice?

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Hey Carl, you draw much better than I do/did since today - That's not really a compliment because I'm not good, but it's true.

Well, what advice can I give... You do not suck with proportions as hard as I do. Actually you don't suck at that. But there is some space to improve and I'm sure like Krato that u can become a very big artist if u just go on practicing

Help appreciated
    in my

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey!
    Great studies !
    Keep improving man.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by KromNz; January 8th, 2010 at 04:48 PM.

DEMO REEL

MYSKETCHBOOK

DeviantID

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice start man! I remember I used to draw DBZ ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the time back in the day If you really wanna get better with the figure though, I'd stay clear of the anime style for a while and focus on anatomy and drawing the figure from life. Do some work from your head and try to apply what you learn

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 722 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Great start! Doing those anatomy excercises help be a HUGE help to you down the road... they won't always be fun but they will pay off big time. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Carl, don't worry about the age thing and your delay in discovering a passion. I started doing art just before my 15th birthday and only took it seriously about a year and a half ago (I'm 17 now). You are in no way behind, or lacking in any skill. But if you're serious about this goal of yours, then you MUST draw, and make it a habit.

Also, some advice about studies. Everyone on this forum is obsessed with studies, and copying pictures from books. Yes, that's good! That's very good practice, but don't let that emphasis overwhelm you. Drawing anything from life is way better than those pictures in anatomy books. So if you ever get bored with the anatomy book, don't do it. Just draw from life. You can draw your friends, family, yourself, animals, still lifes, landscapes, etc. Just draw anything and everything, and don't lose sight of your goal.

Good luck.

Oh and also, as I visit alot of these sketchbooks, I've noticed that many people don't use what they're learning in their anatomy studies. Well, if you aren't going to use what you've learned from your studies in your art, then why do the studies?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks everyone and i just want to ask ive been doing proportions but in Loomis book it has idealistic proportion and academic what do i stidy more 7 and half heads or 8 head for proportion.

im only holiday current and when i get back i will be putting up alot of my work. ive been trying to some sort of drawing every day is going fine is jus getting more hour in on one day.

also hopefully i will be getting a wacom fun and touch when i get back so i will be practising colour theory and getting use to the stylus

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    all of these have been done when i was on holiday for two weeks during the christmas and new year period the one of the proportion is from my imagination, please critise and happy new year

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i have updated new drawing that i have done while i was on holiday.

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff, just be patient and everything will come. Also, you're only 15, in the larger view of things you're really very young. Keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks you i havent had any cristism in ages just got a bambo pen and touch to

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ur a defo better hand drawer than me specially in shading but hopin by hard work ill get better

i like ur works keep it up mate

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks Raider ill be adding more soon

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good start! I wish I could go back and start focusing on art when I was 15. I didn't decide I wanted to be an artist till I was about 18. So you're defiantly getting a great jump start. Your anatomy studies look pretty good so far, just keep doing what your doing. One suggestion I have is maybe try another technique of shading. It looks like your doing the whole smudging technique, which is ok. I find a lot of young artists smudge the graphite for shading, I used to do it all the time. Now I find that it looks very "dirty" for lack of a better word. This is just my personal preference, it's up to you to decide what techniques you like! Keep drawing!

Check out my sketchbook: Draw or Die

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    THNAK YOU ill try different techniques out and draw some more life drawings

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i need help with blending in photoshop i no is not something to go in my sketchbook but i jus need a simple guide i checked painting with PS Thread but dont understand any got any advice?

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i obtained my Wacom pen and touch yesterday and this is my 1ST real life sketch of my table where my pc is

i no is bad but is my first time using a graphic tablet

Last edited by CarlSpringer; January 7th, 2010 at 12:23 PM.

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.