Sketchbook: Carl's Sketchbook - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Carl's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Seriously, stop asking for Crit, Not meaning to be harsh or w.e but these arent like proper pieces these are studys, theyre for learning and crit won't help you. All you need to do is keep practising all your doing, work through Loomis' Figure Drawing For All Its Worth and do master studys and draw from life and you will notice imrpovement.
    keep it up

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i no im in no position to disagree but i have to say i disagree because yes these are my studies and yes i have to improve on my own but to improve i need a trained eyes to judge because if i dont no what ive done wrong i cant improve and if im satisfied with my studies i wont see the error but is someone with a fresh mind sees it they may spot some room for improvements. this is just how i see it

An Artist strives for Perfection, but never truly wants to find it, Creativity is Controlled Mistakes

"Carl Anthony Springer"

"those who ask a stupid question is stupid for a second. but those you do not ask the question is stupid for ever!"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is a great start. Wish I'd started drawing with this kind of dedication when I was your age! At the moment there's not much to critique - it'll all work itself out the more you draw. Just put in the time, because you have the talent

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks very much i havent posted any studies in a long time but i should have some up tomorrow

An Artist strives for Perfection, but never truly wants to find it, Creativity is Controlled Mistakes

"Carl Anthony Springer"

"those who ask a stupid question is stupid for a second. but those you do not ask the question is stupid for ever!"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo wassup just updated my sketchbook after a few weeks AFK xP. Go check them out x). Looking forward to see your upcoming studies .

My57 is offline I will live forever or DIE TRYING! Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, keep showing dedication. I noticed that you commented on Miles, and if you wanna play catch up then I suggest drawing for at least 4 hours a day and committing social suicide. Sacrifice your summers and vacation time to draw. Get anatomy books. Hoggarth is good and so is Loomis. Life drawings also suggested.

Anyways that is the key to getting good at a decent rate! Good luck! We all play the catch up game just remember that.

My observational skills may be great but i said nothing about my drawing skills

My Blog/Tumblr

My Sketchbook - College Years

My Sketchbook - High School

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BUY MY SHIRTS PLEASE - They're awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i will try is just, school the only time i can get anywhere near 4hours a day is a Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    everything is in order from old to recent e.g Old at top recent at bottom

the can is life study, chair is and picture of only 2 eyes

i think i have improved a little towards the end. need to do more life studies i love them. but im currently practicing lips, eyes, noses etc so i can draw better faces. that is my serious weakspot and hands

Attached Images Attached Images                          

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice studies, keep working out side your comfort zone, pencil renderings looking great, you have the same sharpener as i do . If i were you i wouldn't regret not choosing art, i regret choosing it myself, unnecessary bullshit, the stuff they teach and the objectives you have to abide to, eurgh. But i guess its good to some extent, since it gives you time to earn exp. anyway you doing good on your own, just don't give up, ever!

Exon needs your critique!
    sketchbukky

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks very much. updates are going to be slow because i have gcse mock exams

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff, but first 3-4 sketches of post 60 , heads are to small.

Keep going

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks i will keep that in mind wont have updates for quite a while because ive had moc gcses and not time to draw should have some up over easter holidays though

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just little blending practise.

but i got a few drawings i need 2 put up i just havent been boverd to put them up i no im lazy.

and i really need some intense portrait practise because im fustrated with not getting faces right

Last edited by CarlSpringer; April 26th, 2010 at 11:56 AM.

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good job on the apple, though remember to paint the stuff around it or atleast make an effort to, you know like the table its supported by. Burne Hogarth's Drawing the Human Head, a pretty good book for understanding the form and construction of the head and remember frustration is part of the journey.

Exon needs your critique!
    sketchbukky

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks it annoys me comes im someone who says to myself i wont get fustrated and then baam! when i do im the worst at handling it. i give up so easy and may not touch it for like to days

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Don't try to run before you can walk. Your still lives need to be worked on a lot more before you can progress. See the form, feel the form with your pencil, and get a couple of softer ones for the real darks. Your tablet can wait, you have good skills for your age, but they needs to be disciplined without losing the fun aspect. Slow down, you're frustrated because you want to improve quickly, but if you slow down you'll see the penny drop and before you know it - you're up a level. It's tough, but sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward. Maybe you've set the standard too high - you always raise it later. Think - I am awesome and tomorrow I will be even more awesome. Works for me.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks that helped alot i think my problem was exactly what you said ive seen so much inspiring artists i want to improve to fast

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these were done from observation mabe 2weeks ago. just a little practise. while i was fustrated with drawing but back now

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there, I just skimmed through your sketchbook here and I see some improvement in your artwork. Also, your photoshop renderings are getting better. And about that whole seeing other artists that inspire you to get better faster, don't let it get to you. Use their art as inspiration to get better, but how fast you get better means nothing. If you stick to these studies your doing and keep practicing those photoshop renderings then the skill will come.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks alot and i think now im just skimming through my old artwork looking at common mistakes i make and practising on them weakspots

Last edited by CarlSpringer; June 18th, 2010 at 08:34 AM.

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there!
    You're doing fine,definitely improved a lot!
    Keep it up!

MY SKETCHBOOK
    Friends' sketchbooks:
    Novbert
    BluezAce
    CarlSpringer

LtPlissken

"Storytelling is my passion.Shadows and lights are my muse.Art is my first love"-Shawn Martinbrough

http://www.freerice.com/-Help the starving by playing a trivia-each right answer means 10 grains of rice for the starving people!

http://durian.blender.org/-Awesome 3D movie project with Blender,a free 3D software!Check it out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks alot. need to get some more studies in. i have drawings just no scanner so i havent been updating for quite a while

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is the most recent digital piece i have done still working on grasping the technique.

the hardest part is picking the right colours

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    even no im not updating im still drawing just finished exams so i can get more drawings up soon

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Good start you've got here on your sketchbook. I'm with Ryanoir on this one, crits are not what you need! not for the moment, maybe things to keep in mind but these are early studies and you shouldn't worry too much about doing the right thing.

I've been looking at your sketches and you're doing good. I'd say keep studying anatomy and keep doing those awesome images from imagination.
    When drawing, try to keep it as simple as possible - i.e in some places you only need one long stroke to make it read. In time as your hand grows confident you'll find a balance in your way of drawing. Don't rush it, every drawing brings you closer to that moment when you realize that it's now you start to understand how it works.
    Given that you work towards it and enjoy drawing

Might I ask you what settings you use on your brushes? it looks like you don't use any brush pressure.
    If you have photoshop, this is what you should do.
    Go to window > brushs (hotkey f5)
    from there on you'll be introduced to the brush editing thingy () and there are two important settings you should know of - shape dynamics and other dynamics.
    If you got to shape dynamics and adjust the 'size jitter' so it works with pen pressure you'll have your brush react with your pen. The harder you press, the bigger the brush, the lighter you press, the smaller it gets.
    Other dynamics controls opacity, when you set your opacity to pen pressure it too will work like in real life.
    When having these two settings on the pen will react as a normal pen on paper.
    Maybe you knew all this, but looking at your digital work it seems as if you don't use them.
    Keep it up man, don't worry too much. You've just started and it's going to be a fun ride

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The colours in that last apple study are great,your digital skills are definitely improving!I'll reply to your message tomorrow,I promise!
    Keep it up!

MY SKETCHBOOK
    Friends' sketchbooks:
    Novbert
    BluezAce
    CarlSpringer

LtPlissken

"Storytelling is my passion.Shadows and lights are my muse.Art is my first love"-Shawn Martinbrough

http://www.freerice.com/-Help the starving by playing a trivia-each right answer means 10 grains of rice for the starving people!

http://durian.blender.org/-Awesome 3D movie project with Blender,a free 3D software!Check it out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks alot i have a load of drawings ive been doing just been to lazy to put them up

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a big dump becoz it the 1 of august. also i have'nt dumped anything in so long so from the the first drawing is the old work and the work at the bottom the last one is the most recent currently i am working on the skull reaper

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work you posted today . tho it looks like you're smudging your drawing to shade, I'm not really sure if that's a good thing when you get to the point when you need to draw concepts with a lot of small details cuz the drawing gets dirty ;P. And you for a concept artist need to make concepts that are easily readable and that's the key point cuz someone else is going to model that. correct me if i'm wrong. . hehe yeah my line work is crappy -.-. just keep on drawing and take it easy . That female study is really nice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    actually for none of these pieces of work have i smudged. i stopped smudging long ago. but thanks for th comment

"Carl Anthony Springer"

MY SKETCHBOOK!!

Kamikazuh Sketchbook

T i m

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.