Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 748 Posts
    Started and finished my entry for Last Teen Standing Round 3 today. It was good to do something from imagination for once...the past couple weeks I have been pretty reference bound. Topic was dragon hunter.
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I really like the feel of your dragon hunter, it probably could've benefited from some touch ups around the head of the dragon and on the hunter himself, but still, really cool!
    Those figure drawings are in a league of their own though, amazing pages man!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PieMonster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    PieMonster: I wish I had had more time to tighten the image up a bit, but I had to rush to get it in for the deadline. And thank you for the compliments on the life drawings. It means a lot coming from you.

Got around to photographing these three oil plein air paintings finally. They were all done last weekend at this cool event with the Ontario Plein Air Society. First one took a few solid hours, and the other two were maybe 30-45 minutes each. The last one is about as abstract as I get because it was so damned cold and foggy and rainy and windy. I am pretty sure I was the only one painting outside that day.
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

Thanks
    A 45 minute study after Sargent in which I played with some textured brushes. Unfortunately I don't think I am any closer to understanding how to use any of them.
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

Thanks
    Just looking around, loved the last study. You're really in your way to actually master the textured brushes! Awesome work, gonna keep one eye on your Sketchbook.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheLonesomeBlues For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    you handle the brushes with confidence, great job

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan mcshane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    TheLonesomeBlues: Thanks, I hope to be able to master brushes and brushstrokes one day.

ryanoir: Thank you. Lately I've been using lines less when painting, instead just using shapes and value. I think it help with thinking about brushstrokes more rather than just "colour in the lines".

Self portrait done for International Self Portrait Day. I was a couple minutes late as I only started at like 10:30, but fun nonetheless. I am not completely happy with it, but I looked back in my sketchbook and on page one I can see a similar angle self portrait from a year ago--and I can actually see improvement. So that's good. Although not much improvement for a year...
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Sonea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,477 Times in 4,461 Posts
    Wow! Such an improvement since I was last here. You life drawing has improved immensely as has the rest.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Black Spot: You're back! I am really glad you can see improvement. For some reason I always have this nagging feeling that I am stagnating and not improving enough. It is one of the best feelings in the world to look back and see how much better you are than you were (until that nagging voice comes back telling you it isn't enough).

So just a small update to keep this sketchbook alive. A few quick figures done without any reference. I also have a bunch of life drawings, but don't feel like scanning now.
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    theyre really awesome from imagination dude
    nice stuff

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan mcshane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ryanoir: Thanks for always stopping by man.

Okay, I have a ton of stuff I haven't bothered photographing/scanning, so in the meantime here are some horses. All from photo ref except the last page which is from imagination. They are each less than ten minutes, but more than five. I need to study horse anatomy sometime; I have no idea what I am doing, and these are probably really off.
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Sonea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey Andrew, me again! I've really enjoyed looking through your SB. You have some great work to look at and I like the way you get such a good sense of weight and form to your drawings. Really admire your pencil rendering. I hope you keep posting because it will be great to see more, especially as you seem to be progressing so well.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Marian Rowling For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Marian Rowling: Thank you very much. I plan on keeping this updated for years to come. And I left a comment in your sketchbook.

Here are a some selections from the past few life drawing sessions. They range from 90 seconds to 30 minutes. Oh, and the stork was drawn from a photo.
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Sonea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,228 Times in 334 Posts
    Wonderfully solid humans and horses on those last two batches! Keep it up

25. The Following User Says Thank You to tehmeh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    nice improvement

27. The Following User Says Thank You to gasping For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast