Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 748 Posts
    skMOP: Thanks for the crit!

ryan: Hahaha thanks man! Had fun tonight cleaning and drawing at the same time as you.

A couple studydome with ryanoir from tonight... 16 minutes and 17 minutes. They were both really tough. First one the colours are alright given the time I think, and the second one sucks over all.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    you suck overall, asshole

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan mcshane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ryan: I know

Talked a lot with dile_ tonight. Learned a ton from him, and am gonna change up my study methods I think. Anyhow, did these with him earlier before we started talking a lot.

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Sonea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hi!
    thanks for stopping by my thread!
    i see a lot of good structure in your studies! i really think that your next step to greatness is to spend a little more time on finished concepts
    voted 5stars

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Icey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    cool my friend your artwork has really improvment try hard to remember it on your heart

keep it up

qlotzan

10. The Following User Says Thank You to qlotzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I find it way too hard to believe you only use PS elements for these paintings...
    Anyway, as I said before, you're insanely talented for a 17 year old and everything I've seen so far makes me jealous. Hope to see you at life drawing some time.

Autism Girl: an experimental surrealist comic
    Help support autism awareness -- share this on Facebook if you like it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trisquel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    17? Really? Epic awesome I wish i found ca when i was that young. Keep it up man, you're going to be a master in no time at this rate. Your figure studies are on the mark lets see you combine them with your environment skills and get some moods and settings going. Don't let your skills go to waste!

-Red

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaunay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Icey: Thanks so much man! It is a great honour to get stars from you (although I am not sure I deserve 5 of them haha). And you are right about finishing and doing more from imagination. I am quite dissatisfied with my reliance on reference, and am trying to change it.

qlotzan: Thanks!

Trisquel: Yeah I missed life drawing tonight . But I'll try to make it in future weeks. Also Photoshop elements isn't THAT bad...all you really need to paint is the basic round brush, so it doesn't matter too much.

Jaunay: Thanks! I actually feel like I am behind where I should be at my age, but I just need to work harder. I'll try and do some mixes of figure and enviros.

Bit unhappy that I missed lifedrawing tonight because of a bit of a mishap in communication, but anyhow, must move on...

So I am too reliant on ref, and feel that I am not getting as much out of my studies as I should be. This is a double study thing I will be doing more of for the next little while to help flex my painting-from-imagination muscles (kind of in between pure imagination and from ref--it should ease me into pure imaginative stuff). What you do is copy a photo, then paint it again afterwards from memory. I also wrote down notes of where I went wrong to help me retain more from the study. Each one took exactly 30 minutes.

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

Thanks
    Dang, not too shabby. I might have to try a few of these too.

Keep it up!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ErikHolfelder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sonea View Post
    Jaunay: Thanks! I actually feel like I am behind where I should be at my age, but I just need to work harder. I'll try and do some mixes of figure and enviros.
    You realize that by you saying that, it just makes me feel worse about being leagues behind at my age I just went to my first life drawing session ever today.
    Don't worry - drawing from your imagination will come naturally once you have the fundamentals nailed, which clearly doesn't seem to be the issue here. I started out by only ever drawing from my imagination, and look where it got me. At least you got a head start.

Autism Girl: an experimental surrealist comic
    Help support autism awareness -- share this on Facebook if you like it!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trisquel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    rather than shoulders too wide, hips to squashed
    lovely work man!
    perhaps try it in stages, like, gesture from ref, (lines i mean), gesture from mind, adn then go into color and whatnot, maybe do gesture twice to nail it, so you have the overal feeling in your head?
    iono just a thought, keep at it man! when your online next we'll studydome! D:<

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan mcshane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    eekolite: Thanks! You should try it out. Feel like I am learning more with them (also it is humbling because you realize how much more you suck than you thought).

Trisquel: Thank you! I don't mean to discourage anyone haha. Age shouldn't matter really, so we should all try to ignore it as much as possible (although it can be hard to do...I tend to obsess over other people my age being better than me). But I try to ignore it. That's why I don't usually go around shouting about my age--I've seen other young artists do that and all that happens is they get "oh, you are so good for your age". In the end it doesn't matter though. Will they get hired over somebody else because they are younger? No. It's all practice and age shouldn't be a factor.

ryan: Thanks! yeah, they are tough. Gonna do more line ones like we did tonight.

Okay, couple more double studies. God, I really need to do an illustration soon. I'm probably boring the shit out of everyone by posting these, but whatever haha.

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

Thanks
    fuck you beat me by a heap lol
    these ARE TRICKY

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan mcshane For This Useful Post:

Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 47