Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Sonea -04/1/2014

Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 748 Posts
    qlotzan: Thanks!

jNeumann: Haha yeah 10 more! More like a 100 more before I get any better!

ryanoir: Thanks. I am now just putting it directly above. For some reason I feel that it is kind of cheating to have it above and beside or to use rulers or grids and such. It is too artificial for me and I want to learn to see these things on my own.

Parsakoira: Thank you! I look forward to seeing more too. Yours look really solid.

kiwigarbage: Thanks! I know what you mean. I had a couple other people point it out too (don't know how I missed it on my own).

Yeah wow lots of comments. Thanks guys. Shame all I have for now are my screencaps from today and yesterday. Today's was super tough and shitty, but I like yesterday's study (helmet guy). I have some sketchbook pages to upload too, but first I need to photograph them and I think I will wait for daylight before I try.
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    you gotta look more man, see what shapes are soft, which are hard, what are big, what are small
    start with constructing the head, centre lines, brow line, nose line, remember the rule of thirds in the face
    once you nail that, go into the color, and pick it carefully, don't be afraid to go overtime, i havent been doing 1 hour studies because i need to spend time and put effort into it, do a few like 5+ hour screens and then do a 1 hour screen, and remember PROCESS
    keep going bud

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan mcshane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ryanoir: Yeah, maybe I should do a long one. I just don't really have the patience is the problem. I love these one hour ones it's a good length to get me going (maybe an extra half hour or hour would be good on some though). And I don't use any underlying drawings for construction on these. I just start painting directly.

Uh, it is too dark when I get home from school to photograph sketches so I will just wait until the weekend I guess. I will probably have a big update then (one of my resolutions was a minimum of 25 pages/week, which I plan on keeping).

Here is my 1 hour screencap from today.
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

Thanks
    that's why you've got errors, cause you paint straight away, i've only recently learnt this myself, using a drawing really does help!
    you nailed the values in this though!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan mcshane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey man, nice work. Make sure you're flipping your canvases horizontally and looking at sketches in mirrors a lot if you're not. I see a trend of slightly skewed figures and such and flipping really helps you notice these errors. If you are flipping, then the skewing is just something to watch out for and fix!

Anyway, keep it up dude. More more more is the key!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ErikHolfelder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey! Sheridan is a fun college

- So far here is my opinion: All the teachers that I have had are nice. The people in my class are happy people but apparently the other groups are all quiet and serious faced according to some of our teachers. - The assignments are not that fun for the most part in the beginning. Except for Life Drawing, Painting and Digital (IMO) - but everything gets better later in first semester. You're probably not gonna like conceptual class that much. Really boring for a long time.

- So ya. Teachers are awesome as far as I know. And are always willing to help you when you have a question. I haven't met one person there who was an asshole as well. Which is awesome.

- There are also a lot of cute asian girls/cute girls in general if that also peaks your interest - Hurrah for art!

- Also, i don't see any problem for you getting into the course. So ya. Just make sure you do what they want for the portfolio and don't put anime/digital art into it. They go for more traditional stuff. Landscapes and the like.
    My observational skills may be great but I said nothing about my drawing skills

Art Station
    Working Years
    My Blog/Tumblr
    College Years
    Highschool Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11. The Following User Says Thank You to My57 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    wow nice film stills. that last one of the guy with the helmet is great. It looks very realistic even without much variation in texture, so the values and colours must be pretty exact.

No crits from me at all. These film still studies are very popular amongst various people on this forum at the moment - what is that about? Just a group aim or some sort of collaboration?

Keep on working away whatever its for!
    Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    ryanoir: Thanks, I think you may be right. I gotta work on my drawing skillz a ton.

eekolite: Thanks! I always forget about that little trick.

My57: Thanks for this info! All I need to do now is get a portfolio...

ThomasM: Thank you! The screencaps are just a form of practice, and we do it as a group for motivation and funsies. You also get more feedback that way. Also you've inspired some bird sketches from me. They are really bad, but will only get better I guess.

Damn, I missed the past two days of screencaps, and haven't done today's either yet. But I photographed my sketches for the week. I just barely reached my resolution of doing 25 pages per week. Here they all are. First done from some painting at the gallery, lots done from photos, some from Bridgman, some from imagination, one page after Moebius, and a life drawing session in there. All the pen ones had no underdrawings whatsoever. If I keep this up all year I will improve so much. Already in a week I feel more comfortable with line and the human form.

AAAAHHH! I had to reupload like 20 of these because they all just disappeared randomly. Then when I tried to fix the order on them once I reuploaded the rest of them, I SOMEHOW DELETED ALL OF THEM AGAIN!!!!!!! FUCK. So I just saved them all as one giant picture. Easier to upload, but now they are all tiny. Whatever, I am just pissed now and don't give a fuck. I wasted over a fucking hour on this shit.
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    nice birds dude!

Only crit for you would be to do as you mentioned on my sb and try and break the outline slightly. Any totally complete outline will take away a fair amount of depth, so try to smash those lines up a little when you are drawing them. As I sometimes do, you can even remove the line completely if there is enough surrounding information for your eye to piece the "edge" together without seeing it.

The same goes for the life drawing, although saying that I do like that one a lot, it looks very confidently drawn.

Keep up the hard work and thanks for the awesome links on my SB - I really appreciate those, especially the Scott Eaton one which is going to come in handy tomorrow I'm sure (had enough of animals for a little while).
    Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    i want to marry you, you know like in a not gay way, im like a i love you man way
    ye

you dedication is admirable, that really makes up for your not many of screens, but that's perfectly fine! i haven't been doing mine either :/
    as long as you are working, you are learning
    and you are learning.. to become awesome!
    fuck these are brilliant!! i gotta study more ! you know any good reference websites?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan mcshane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I like these studies! Btw where do you get some of your reference stuff from? I like the boxers and sumo guys
    My observational skills may be great but I said nothing about my drawing skills

Art Station
    Working Years
    My Blog/Tumblr
    College Years
    Highschool Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

20. The Following User Says Thank You to My57 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Such clean lines, I'm jealous.

On a couple of your male figure drawings in your last post, the heads are looking a bit big in comparison to the rest of the body (Eh kind of hard to point out, there kind of in the middle but hopefully you can see it?)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to skMOP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey man, really great sketchbook ! i like your multi limbs ! really cool stuff, keep at it ^^ don't forget to train your creativity too ^^ anyway, will follow you man !you have interesting stuff !!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kikindaface For This Useful Post:

Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 ... LastLast