-= The Dragonís Egg =-
NOT SURE ABOUT THE GUIDELINES? CLICK HERE!
ROUND #183:: The Dragonís EggDESCRIPTION
The Dragon's Egg
This week's brief is a little more vague. The idea is to design a character for a young adult novel, a girl (between the ages of 12 and 16, your choice) who has found a dragon's egg. She will appear on the cover of the novel.
This is the whole brief!
Some things you will want to keep in mind:
- Include the egg please!
- Though the genre is young adult, we haven't outlined anything else : fantasy, sci-fi, historical fiction, magical contemporary, it's up to you
- Remember this is *not* an adult book, so keep that in mind when designing clothing and when using colour!
- Come up with a story for the novel yourself to help your design progress. Is the egg a curse, or a blessing? Is it a burden, or a treasure? Is it something given to the royal heirs, or a special mistake found by a poor vagabond? These are up to you! We hope to be able to read something about your story from your design.
-Remember this is a character design contest, not a cover design contest. You are welcome and encouraged to do it as a book cover, but please keep in mind that all chow rules still apply - including the 3/4ths rule.
Please don't actually write out the story! At least not until after the poll is completed! Let people guess through your work - this way you'll be able to tell if the things you are trying to get across are actually making it!
ACCEPTANCE TO POLL WILL BE BASED ON THREE CRITERIA:
1: DID THE ARTIST FOLLOW THE BRIEF? (allowance for creative takes will be made).
2: IS THE PIECE ARTISTICALLY SOUND? (Is the illustration "finished?" - did the artist pay attention to anatomy, perspective, other fundamentals?).
3: IS THIS ILLUSTRATION THE BEST ONE?
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY:
1: You must submit ONE full sized image.
2: Make sure your name and CHOW # are EASILY READABLE on your entry.
3: Use the Standard format (Below);
PLACE THE IMAGE IN A FRAME WITH YOUR NAME/TOPIC
SAVE YOUR FILE IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT:
THE REST IS EASY:
1: No comments before poll is set. They WILL be deleted with utmost malice and petty grumbling.
2: Sit back and enjoy the show. BYOPC (Bring your own popcorn)
3: Good luck to all.
Please review these helpful reminders if you have not done so already.
ON GETTING TO POLL
NEW ROUND RULE: WIPS PLEASE!
SUBMISSION FORMAT REMINDER
PLEASE REMEMBER TO WRITE YOUR COPYRIGHT INFORMATION UNDER THE IMAGE IN THE FINAL BURNING THREAD SO I DON'T HAVE TO HUNT YOU DOWN LATER!
Quick Check: Have You Submitted Your Chow Properly?
- is it named correctly? (ie, "CHOW#100_Oregano.jpg")
- has it been uploaded using the attachment editor?
- have you also uploaded or linked to your wips?
- have you followed the brief?