Scanner Adjustment Help!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Scanner Adjustment Help!

Hullo and evening to ya all. I have a question on scanner working. I have done my research and scanner working is nothing easy, at least beginning; I am considerably a n00b to the whole scanner adjustment and calibration deal. I have gone back and forth from adjusting images by my self time to time at total random until that particular image looked close enough to its original (traditional art, non digital). Now I need to learn what it takes to really go at a scanner.

I want to calibrate, I guess if that's what is needed to be done, and I don't thnk I've done it before yet. To adjust all settings and save profile for scanner so I do not have to adjust every itty bitty setting in photoshop to get the image to look as close to its original as possible. Some of you know what I mean and it's irritating. What I'd ask is for any thorough reference or guide, or thorough feedback guidance because I have next to no knowledge about this, just random fiddling. If any of that's possible I'd APPRECIATE it so much!

~Quo

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I want to add that it is the coloring aspect that bugs me; lineart calibrating is easy to adjust via scanner and photoshop or whatever image program. There are many tutorials on scanning line art but next to nothing on color works, at least in my searching.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seeing no one responded, I had experimented with both the scanner and photoshop settings and when an image gets better in one element (color tone or lighting) another area worsens (paper tone) and vice versa, cannot seem to find a neutral ground close enough to what I want. At the end I decided to use automatic color restorations and I wouldn't say it fixed my problem but it certainly balanced out the elements of the image, making it more closer to the original.
    What bothers me is I could not find a setting that could do this, and had ended my experimenting with the auto fix selection. It's times easier to adjust B&W works and lineart, but full color works was more than I thought it would be.
    I will keep playing around until I get a better grip of the deal. Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.