Art: TURTLES: Dawn of the Ninja - Painted Graphic Novel Progress - 50 Pages & counting!!! - Page 2

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,821 Times in 938 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This is one seriously awesome thread!

cowabunga!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks so much for your critiques and compliments! Really appreciate you taking the time to check it out.

And HERE is the start of weekly updates to CHAPTER 2--> http://dawnoftheninja.com/Reader/page/DOTN/02

4 pages in! New page 3 lettered for the first time and an exciting page 4! Page 5 is done, too, but you have to wait until next Monday for that one!

If you wanted to share this around on your social networks, that would be super awesome!!

OH, and this is pretty cool. Randomly I got linked to this. It's a song from AJAPAI who I wasn't familiar with, but they used my Raphael painting for the backdrop. OVER 110,000 VIEWS!! WOW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHYvwhGMQ3c

Thanks again for checking out TMNT: DOTN!!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ray Dillon - Artist & Writer
    CLIENTS: Science Channel, R.L. Stine, Todd McFarlane, Marvel, DC, IDW, Archie, Topps, Upperdeck, WB.
    • Ridley Scott's "Prophets of Science Fiction" (Issac Asimov, George Lucas) + "Meteorite Men" (Science Channel)
    • Mars Attacks: Popeye / Transformers / Real Ghostbusters / KISS / Robots vs. Zombies (IDW)
    • Anne Rice "Servant of the Bones" (IDW)
    • Peter S. Beagle "The Last Unicorn" (IDW; NYT Best-Seller!)
    .COM | Blog | Sketch | FB | uTube | DA | TWITTER!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Talk about an ambitious project. You sir are a true TMNT Fan. Great Stuff and I'll head over to your site Right now. Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljack18 View Post
    Talk about an ambitious project. You sir are a true TMNT Fan. Great Stuff and I'll head over to your site Right now. Cheers!
    Thanks, Wheeljack! I have been a lifelong Turtles fan, so I was thrilled to get this job! Thanks for checking it out!

And HERE is the newest page. BEBOP & ROCKSTEADY IN HUMAN FORM!

Read the whole story here--> http://www.dawnoftheninja.com/Reader/page/DOTN/02

CLIENTS: Science Channel, R.L. Stine, Todd McFarlane, Marvel, DC, IDW, Archie, Topps, Upperdeck, WB.
    • Ridley Scott's "Prophets of Science Fiction" (Issac Asimov, George Lucas) + "Meteorite Men" (Science Channel)
    • Mars Attacks: Popeye / Transformers / Real Ghostbusters / KISS / Robots vs. Zombies (IDW)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New page!

Read the first chapter (30 pages) and follow along weekly for chapter 2 (6 pages and counting!). http://www.DawnOfTheNinja.com/Reader

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New page!

Read the first chapter (30 pages) and follow along weekly for chapter 2 (7 pages and counting!). http://www.DawnOfTheNinja.com/Reader

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New page!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And the first Turtles Fight scene starts!!!

For some reason I could not get this one to upload like the others. The jpg was the same size as the others but it kept saying it was too big. Even all the way down to thumbnail size. Finally uploaded it as a PNG screenshot. That worked. Weird. To see it super hi-res go to http://www.DawnoftheNinja.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    omg u just made me fall in love with the turtles all over again... THIS IS AWESOME!! keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatleJohn View Post
    omg u just made me fall in love with the turtles all over again... THIS IS AWESOME!! keep it up!
    Thank you so much, man! So glad you like it. Another page going up tomorrow and every Monday!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New page! YES there's a typo!

Read Chapter 1 (30 pages) and the rest of Chapter 2 at http://www.DawnOfTheNinja.com

BY THE WAY !!!! Did anyone see Michael Bay's announcement that he's making the Turtles ALIENS!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I read the first issue and I like what I see so far. It's great how you guys are delving into Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki's backstory. I also love how the Turtles are prefigured in Yoshi's generals... it's very cool to see a human 'version' of the turtles (I'm guessing that's what you were going for).

Your art is lush and you're very talented at capturing emotion with light and mise en scene. You have kind of an expressionist thing going on, and I like. There are a couple of things, though... be careful when trying to portray depth of field. In particular, I'm talking about the wide shot on page 2... at that wide an angle, with that far a focal point, with that bright of sunlight, you would have sharp focus from about twenty feet in front of the camera to infinity, while you've thrown the bridge in the near distance out of focus. This makes the scene look toy-like. If you're going to be doing this imitation of DoF a lot, I'd almost recommend you get a DoF calculator and consult that.

Also, in the page with Raph throwing the manhole cover... it took me a long time to figure out that that was Raph's hand and not some fist-shaped rocket LOL

But overall, good work. I aprove of what you guys are trying to accomplish and I hope you keep producing! I'll be following!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you very much for taking the type to write out your thoughts and critiques. There was definitely a learning curve on those early page with the depth of field fx so I see what you're saying there. I learn so much with each page!

Here's a new page!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    'nuthern!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.DawnoftheNinja.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Missed quite a few page updates on here, but here is page 50!!! Huge milestone for me. Can't believe it!

And a few others as well! Go to http://www.DawnOfTheNinja.com to read the pages!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ray Dillon For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.