Team ChoW III - Ace Holes - Page 8

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have very limited time now befor the deadline.
    I really like the links Nic and Tom that frame is great. Maybe it could be thinner. But the carving is a great idea. Good work on that. Im happy too se the early designs for the Cups and Swords and even though its early I can see the potential in both of them.
    Anyway. I'll try and work some more on the Ace of pentacle. If I find more time to work on Im gonna. If not this will have to do. They are 450 x 775 pxl. I can post higher res if needed.

Name:  The-Ace-of-Pentacles-AceHoles-B-man.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  215.4 KB

Name:  The-Chariot-AceHoles-B-man.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  216.8 KB

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B-Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 714 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey B-man super cool cards,these bears look terrific. waiting to see all your works gathered. good luck man!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricardo Robles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice borders Tom!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to t i m For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tom : great idea. The wood-carving-bit has definitely got my vote. Do you suggest putting the card name in the lower framing, integrating it to the "carving" then ? What about our handles and team name ? I think the team should probably be seen somewhere, although I'm not sure this is asked of us (?).

I'm also not sure you would have to come up with a minor arcana if you include the devil ? These are extra cards, bonus points, so I think we could do as many as little as we want ?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rambozo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bjorn, That Chariot card looks great! Good job on the bears and those clouds made me shut the windows. Maybe metal up his helmet a little.

Nic, about the frame we can make a wood carved sign with the name of each card, maybe one of you can design this, I'm no good with fonts. It could also be placed in the lower frame, but I think its nicer the other way standing on its own. Yeah, I was thinking on how to integrate our teamlogo. There may be not enough room for both the cardname and the logo unless the logo is very small. So I was thinking on why not put the logo on the flipside. The cards need a back don't they. And for that I was thinking of making those German helmets into viking ones. We can just present them along with the actual work.

I'm not sure what the policy is concerning the balance between major and minor cards but I already started on the princess card. Maybe I can finish it in time.

Attached Images Attached Images  

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think logo is overkill. Lets do the cardnames and let the rest speaks for itself. I mean, in the finals we have our logo in the polls so theres no need too repeat it on every card. You se what Im getting at. It would bee too much info on the frame. lets keep it too a minimum. Anyway thats just what I think.

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    B-man - Finished cards look great!

Nic - You and me buddy, right down to the wire, wouldn't have it any other way..Ya PRESSSUUUURE!

Tom - You sir are a machine, 'nother awesome sketch, love the border design, kudos to you for keeping this machine going.

I'm cool with the no logo, doesn't seem to fit into our card's aesthetic. If it could be done cool, is it necessary?

Last edited by t i m; January 30th, 2010 at 03:40 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to t i m For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tim : no joke right !!? Nah we'll make it man, not the stressful way I wanted to go about it but we'll make it.

Tom : like Tim says hehe
    Also as far as the team logo goes ya youre probably right. If we don't have to put it on the front side, then I'ld be quite happy to simply haveit along in our final post somewhere. And I'ld love a viking helmet version hahaha But I very much doubt I'll have the time to participate on that one.

-

Alright, a quick update just so you don't think I'm flaking out. I've run into yet more problems at home yesterday so I couldn't get a minute of work done... Long story short, spent the whole night into this morning at the only vet-emergency on the island with my blood-spraying dog... Fun fun times. What a g+d-damned week...

So that means I've had to cut down on my projected card here. Thought up a scene where the ace is just about to chop off the head of a black-snake-dragon thing. I think it would have turned out nice if I could match the product up to the idea, but no time no time.. So, simple pose and simple background to make sure I hit the deadline.

It's my fault really, I shouldn't have expected to be able to set our last week aside entirely for the ChoW. You always think hey I've got a few days left right ? But there's always, always something that screws you over in the end. It's almost like karma, if you believe in that type of thing. But with this version I will finish on time, make sure of that hehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Shit man Im sorry to hear about your dog! Is he/she alright?
    You know Team-chow isnt that important, I rather see that your dog gets the love he/she needs.

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Björn : thanks man. Ya well she's still there, they're keepin' her for 48 hours. Still leaking blood but apparently things are gettin' better, less blood & less often, no vomiting anymore. They called earlier, they say it's encouraging but not out of the woods yet type of thing. Should turn out alright, not as stressed now. But it's not like I can do anything about it so, might as well try and work on this right ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by daestwen View Post
    Team ChoW III - Ace Holes

TEAM CHOW III :: TAROT
    DESCRIPTION

Hello boys and girls!

Okay, trying to keep it simple this time.

Deadline is Midnight on the 31st, anywhere in the world. I will be putting up the poll when I wake up the next day, so there is a bit of leeway, but remember if you push it you might miss it.

Please have one person from your team post all your cards. You do not need to post wips. To make it easier for me, if you could please make one image with all the cards in it (side by side) so that I can use it for the poll, that would be awesome.

Good luck everyone!

Alright alright. Who's gona do the posting for the final thread ? I'm gona be workin' on mine probably late tomorrow night, "down to the wire" like Tim says hehe So I don't mind posting if need be. Just make sure your images are all setup nice and final-like and send 'em to me through email. I'll rig-up a one-shot image like Daestwen asked for.

If someone else wants to do it that's fine by me as well hehe

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rambozo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck guys!...

LONG LIVE YOKO KANNO!!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to seba_boi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im cool with sending it to Nic. How are we gonna do this frame thing?

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry to hear about your dog Nic, hope he's gonna be fine again.

Yeah about starting too late, I always do that, thinking I'll make it. This Team Chow is one of the rare occasions where I started early, I think because its just too much fun. Good to see you still try to make the ace. I've send you guys the border, found out its not exactly the right size but with a little tweaking it has to fit. Is anyone thinking about the name tags already, Bjorn, would you be able to make them for all the cards, let me know.
    How is it going Tim with your cards, let me know if you need some help.

Nic, its fine by me jou post the finals, I'll send them by email.

Here's my last minute princess of Cups.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tom that card looks great!
    Also sent you guys an e-mail with the cardnames fixed on the frame. Hope there was no problems downloading it from my link.

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick question guys, how big in pixels do you want the finals?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright. So I got all of Tom's and Björn's files. The .rar screwed up for some reason but reloaded it and everything is in order. Got the tags in there as well so that's made things simple, cheers Björn

Tim : I for one was looking at a final-post height of about 900 pixels without borders. The cards Björn sent me are 2192px with the border (the .psd versions that is), and Tom also sent me huge cards so I can play around with them even more than mine hehe So, I'll probably end up bringing them all down to the 750-900px high range and see how things look. You can send me the .psd if you like, if not a larger-ish jpg would be good so that I can scale all of our cards down to a common height and have them all stay crisp.

Tom has also sent me his "Lovers" card although he says it's far from finished and didn't know if we should post it. Figured I should ask you guys, should we ? We have plenty of cards as it is so we're safe there -as long as Tim and I finish up in time but I'm sure that' shouldn't be an issue (hell Tom's given us 2 bonus ones already!).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sounds good, Ill post my finals at 900 x 523 before borders. I didn't get a copy of the border, so if someone wants to slap them on there that'd be much appreciated. Almost 5pm now Chicago time, finals will be up later this evening.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tim : sent you a private message !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Got the message guys, you guys are the best thanks for the support!

Allright duders, I'm calling it before my eyes fall out.

Finals:

w/ border 950 x 614

Last edited by t i m; February 1st, 2010 at 02:41 AM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to t i m For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Daaaamn ! It's done !!
    It took me a lot longer than I expected just getting the actual post done, but she's away !

Great workin' with you guys. Here's what I managed to do with the Ace of Swords and Judgement. F+ck me that horn looks soooo not-dropped-in-there-afterwards, it's like it was painted into the pic from the begging, right ? right ?... hehe Yaa I chose to spend the extra time on the Ace so... I had to cut somewhere . I'm bummed I didn't push 'em further but I enjoyed the experience.

(and my dog is home now, so she should be doin' fine real soon)

*edit: for those of you who are interested, the rune on the Ace's helmet is Dagaz, which is supposed to symbolise awakening, awareness, clarity and a good moment to test things out. Which is why I chose it : it's pretty damn close to the Ace of Swords meanning. I first thought of Kenaz, "the beacon" but it looks like sh+t so

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Rambozo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by daestwen View Post
    Okay, no extension.

Poll will be going up on schedule when I wake up in the morning. So i would say between 8-10 hours from now. I'll post a "Hour to Deadline" warning while I do the preparation to put up the poll.

For those that aren't done, or want a couple extra days, you can take them. BUT, you will miss those days from the poll and you won't get any extra votes or anything.

For those of you who have already finished and posted, feel free to do touchups under the same rules. You, however, won't lose votes, because i will simply replace the old image with the new, updated one, so you'll keep all your old votes.

Sound fair everyone?
    F.Y.I.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great job guys, I'm proud of the end results and our work as a team, it was a lot of fun and as a bonus we get some nice work for our portfolios! I think the cards are well connected and overall have good quality. Special kudos' for Nic and Tim who had to struggle to get the work done in the end. The Ace of Swords and the Ace of Cups both are fantastic, my compliments! Thanks for the great teamwork guys!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Glad to hear your dog is feeling better Nic.
    I had a lot of fun this team-chow. Im glad I got be part of a stable and talented team. And made some great new art-friends in the process.
    The Ace of Swords and the Ace of Cups looks awesome. Thanks guys!

Last edited by B-Man; February 2nd, 2010 at 02:34 PM.
    Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

37. The Following User Says Thank You to B-Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Absolutely, this challenge was a real treat! It was a ton of fun to work with all of you guys. Our dedication, teamwork, and communication made this challenge a total blast. Looking forward to doing another with you guys sometime! Ass pats all around

39. The Following User Says Thank You to t i m For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I gave the Ace of Swords another layer last evenning seein' as how I wasn't really satisfied with it and there were a few things just poppin' out at me. Not that much of a difference right ? But I think the little things just pull it out that much more. Figured I'ld send it up here even if it won't go to polls. Hell we've been at these cards for a month now hehe Again, great experience this Team Chow, glad to have worked with you guys.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Rambozo For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.