Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Team ChoW III - Ace Holes

Thanks
    Nic, I didn't invest a lot of time into that pose. I can scrap it, no problem man. I have it easy, I can always adjust the body, you're working around a stationary object much harder imo. You keep fleshing out the sarcophagus w/ the old being. Tommoy can take the file add the tech and background along the same perspective, and I will finish with the ghost.

Oh and B-man will be working on a bowl of chicken noodle soup.
    Last edited by t i m; December 19th, 2009 at 01:08 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Ahhhhh I had meant to try this myself earlier but forgot to do it. Tom : thought I'ld give my harddrive a quick pilfer-through and see if I could come up with something interesting as a reference sheet like you did earlier. So here is mine, some of them are a little boring I suppose (I studied architecture so a lot of my images are of door handles and light fixtures and such haha).

Tim, no sweat man I reckoned since you'd pushed the painting forward I might as well place it into the piece hehe. I most likely won't be able to work on this tomorrow (only Sunday), so I figured it would be good to have some sort of framework to allow you guys to keep moving forward and not be dragged down by my lack of availability.

And a bowl of soup you say ? haha

Thanks
    Alright, goin' to bed so I'm posting what I sketched this evenning.

Screwin' around with the bed. Not happy with some of it, I like some of the rest. Anyway, here it is !

I'll get back to the thread come Sunday.

Thanks
    First of all great work from both of you. I like where were heading with this. I've made a sketch of the situation, if we stick at this it could actually work. A pity I can't do the chair but I understand you want to integrate the alien/human in it so its ok Nic. Lets keep the transformation effects and light effect open till we have the other elements in place. Background will be mostly bleu (Pantone 7453 to 7456) gray metal.

O, and I have some orange soup in the frige if anybody's interested.

Thanks
    Something like this I had in mind.

Thanks
    Tommoy : excellent ! You'ld rather a Greenish light for the "headpiece" than a redish one ? I'm fine with that, I'll change it up. Alright, I'll keep the lighting effects to a minimum so we can coordinate that once all the pieces are in place, make sure it all works well together.

Cool, I'll get back to you guys with something ne.

Thanks
    Hey guys. So the show... Didn't go in the end ...

Anyway, given me time to work on another piece and tweak this "bed" a bit. Continued adding to the "helmet" 'cause I realised you figured it was probably attached to the bed as opposed to on the end of some articulated arm like I figured. Not too many details though, I'll leave that up to you Tom .

I'll work on the actual character once this bed is done, but wanted to post so that you can have some sort of contour to work with as soon as possible in case you guys were on this too. Still got a way to go, so I'll work on it some more.
    Last edited by Rambozo; December 21st, 2009 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Slight update on the "bed"

Thanks
    Nic, the light from the helmet doesn't have to be green, do it whatever you think's best.
    And why didn't you go to that show, are you snowed in, in the Netherlands we are.
    I like the bed and helmet a lot, I was thinking its made out of one piece and kind of floating but if they are separate and the helmet is attached to the sealing its fine by me. There are some minor issues on the perspective but nothing big, so drop in a gorgeous last human/alien and you're done.

Tim, how is your projection coming along?

Björn, if it's possible you do some work on the piece, let us know.

Thanks
    Here's what I've got sofar.

Thanks
    Nic - Sorry to hear about the show.

Nice work so far you two, gonna spend some time on this tonight. I'll have her done by tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by t i m; December 20th, 2009 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks
    Tom : For the show well, my girlfriend was feeling ill and it was a 2h30 drive there, and the other person who was supposed to come bailed, etc. So it just fell apart unfortunately. Ya I head about the snow you guys had : my cousin was making snowmen with his kids and all that haha But here we're not "snowed in" as the streets have been opened.

I got dragged into Christmas shopping yesterday with the mrs. ... And book stores close at 11:00 don't you know so my day got wasted at that and today I had to drive her to gpass her driver's written exam... Which means I totalled another what 4 hours there ? Point being : I didn't get to work on the alienish-chick !!!

Got a little under an hour left to pull before deadline, I'll patch it all up kick-like though if you guys have had time to work on your sections. What's the verdict boys ?
    Last edited by Rambozo; December 21st, 2009 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling...

Thanks
    Well, this is what I've made up for now. Don't know what to think of it really. I hope any of you guys did something better But the important thing is its a good warming up for the real Team CHoW challenge coming up.

Thanks
    Damn fine work there Tommoy! I think we did a pretty good job of getting our point across, unique experience working on the same image, but it certainly a great exercise in communication. I'm really excited to hear the topic and start the brainstorming!

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast