Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Team ChoW III - Ace Holes

Thanks
    What's up dudes!

Logo really came along nicely, real team effort!

B-man that is a great zombie zombie head man!!

As for the ca blackout stuff, yea I was reading the thread last night..troublesome news no doubt, but I'm sure we'll pull through. CA 4.0 is gonna kick ass. I picked up a few of those downloads, I was pretty impressed. Lotta knowledge jammed in there, good deal for the price, imo.

Loving the progress guys, looking forward to hearing what the topic is going to be!

Added a new zombie self portrait to the logo, wanted to be more in the spirit of your guys stuff.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Couldn't stay behind so I've made a fresh one too. Well, logo's done, what next. Do we wait till the topic is clear?.

Thanks
    Cool ! Alright, so we all created something new for this, great start.

I wonder if we could do anything in anticipation now... Kinda hard without a theme, but. Any ideas ? We can't even work on a background or palette or, even boarders or anything like that can we.

Hmmm. Any ideas on how to split the work ? Discuss a pre-emptive schedule maybe ? I dunno.

Thanks
    great work. Killer portraits there.
    Ok, so We cant really work on anything that will be in our finished work for team-chow.
    We could try and do random characters together to work on our teamwork. kinda like we worked on this logo. And we could find a common estetic. Im crap with cartoony look btw
    Last edited by B-Man; December 14th, 2009 at 12:59 PM.
    Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Ya I reckon tryin' to build some common aesthetics would be a good call. Get that out of the way right now as we have nothin' specific to do really, so our finished pieces look all nice together hehe Uhm, everyone else onboard for this ? Any thoughts on how to get get the ball rollin' ?

Thanks
    To warm up we could do CHoW 184 The Surveyor as a team!
    We can each give our own interpretation, perhaps some rough sketches alongside. From there try to make one drawing on witch we all work. In this process we can see how we can communicate best, this sketchbook could be enough but maybe we need more, perhaps Skype or Google talk. I heard some people about open canvas, it would be fun but I think it's no option for a Mac user.
    B-man, don't worry, cartoons are for business.

Thanks
    Alright I'm in. I wasn't gettin' any ideas from the brief so I thought I'ld stay this one out, but might as well use a given subject to test things out

Hmmm, first glance I thought ok : the Surveyor... I see her sorta slow and under-waterish, kinda like an angle I guess but a little creepy. Like have her hair or clothes float around real-slow like, always in slow motion, like they were caught underwater. And have her guts and heart and brains flash out of her skin a little, not cadaver-like but more like an x-ray I guess. Like she radiating from inside.

I know I know... Hey look, I said the ideas weren't exactly bubbling for me on this one Did a real quick sketch, well.. Not even a sketch really, just an initial composition to help get the idea across a little, a vague form floating over head, as she slowly comes down to earth, askin' her questions without uttering a word.

So what do we develop our sketches each on our own ? Start on our own and once we get a good direction work off the same pose ? Off the same file ? Take turns at the same file ? My co-pilot bailed out on me in the last Team ChoW so I haven't really experienced the right way of goin' about this team business (I don't blame him or anything. Good artist this guy, it's just it didn't work out in the end).

Thanks
    Rambozo, I like the idea of a see-thru body. Or more shining from the inside to give her the alien touch. But we also have to consider she talks to people about for instance soup ingredients so she can't be too scary or ghostly I guess. Should she ware clothes? Also when talking to people she has to be on the same level, or not?

Thanks
    Tom, ya like I said I didn't get much inspiration on this one so I wouldn't mind scrapping the idea completely. I was more hoping to put something out there in order to start her up you know ? Get some ideas out there so we can come up with a cool approach/story to the character. We can keep the see-through body if you like it, could be a cool starting block, but I think there should be more to her though .

For the clothes, well, nekkid chicks are nice to draw hehehe But clothes usually tell a story of their own so that's a safer bet as far as conceptual stuff goes I reckon. Which doesn't mean she can't be PARTIALLY nekkid haha

As for the "talking" well, the brief never actually mentions her talking does it, only asking questions right ? So I reckon she could have some sort of a vulcan mind meld thing goin' on there, or ESP, or a thought-analysing ray-gun for that matter, something weird and different. If she's teleporting all over the globe at will, who says she ("they" ?) haven't evolved beyond mere vocal communication ?

Thanks
    Well, she takes 'interviews', and people have asked her why she is here, and she simply says "for the survey" so it looks like a conversation kind of thing to me. Of course this could be done without moving lips from the surveyor, that she is mind talking. With the see trough body I mean shining from the inside as if she is shapeshifting into a body of a woman, but not being scary. Partly with clothes, maybe these clothes are part of her body. We could catch her in the second before arrival at a new spot.

Thanks
    Sup guys,

First, love the new self portrait tommoy, and the avatars guys

The Surveyer activity sounds cool. I really like Nic's idea of a translucent skin, however should she have a skeleton? She is an alien with the ability to transcend galaxies. No need for bones to hold up flesh and muscle when you don't have to worry about the laws of gravity . We could have her be a mass of light and matter and gas. Remeber she is a vessel that is representing multiple galaxies. What if inside the black gas these lights are an image of the galaxies and stars that she come from? Similiar to how we slap our flag on our own space shuttles.

Then using Tommoy's idea when she talks to people she can arrange the lights and gasses on her face to appear as a 30 year old woman. Obvious idea being she wants to make the people "she's" interviewing more comfortable, but still remaining very alien.

Some sketches coming soon..

Thanks
    Alright, I guess just jamming some thumbs would be awesome. just like you posted Rambozo. I always like to do lots of em and decide witch looks most intresting then work on that. Need to get the really obvious ides out aswell. Im sick at the moment but I did these 2 thumbs just now. I like to see the Surveyor as someone with the world in their hands looking at it. I find nr 2 of my thumbs most intresting.
    Attachment 855911
    Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Hour or so, just an idea..

B-man, feel better bro! Like the thumbs, pose wise second one is better for sure.

edit: A bit further. We'll probably not go with this one seeing as she's a bit too "alien". Hopefully it gets the gears churning for you guys though
    Last edited by t i m; December 15th, 2009 at 07:24 PM.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast