Team ChoW III - Ace Holes - Page 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Guys, a bit late but here's a sketch. I liked Nic's way of approaching it so I've tried something similar. The last human alive could easily be an alien too, or of course just a beautiful woman (two nude chicks=win)

Tim, your nicely done sketch explains the whole story but I think it's gonna be tough too get all of this in a solid design.

I don't know if you guys have time this weekend to work on it some more, maybe we could get a more definite design on sunday.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Tommoy; December 18th, 2009 at 12:20 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tommoy you nailed it! Also looking at it now, you are definitely right, my idea wouldn't work it's way too busy. So you and Nic are the right track with your designs, keep going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    **Aww man, I've just got news today that this expo I had lined-up in some museum in Italy bailed on me... Pretty bummed out now, been planning on that for months now...**

Tim : I would love to do a comic version I'm into comics quite a bit myself, but I don't think ChoW would be the best place to do this ? I don't believe there are any rules against this so I wouldn't put my hand in the fire over it, but the fact that they have the PoWs (Panel of the Week) tends to point in that direction in my opinion.

Also, the masked version of your "cloudy-surveyor" looks much better, less demonic this way. It's still a little creepy though hehe Then again I figure a tare in space-time WOULD be scary wouldn't it

It's nice to see we seem to be agreeing on things, hopefully this is a good omen for the Team ChoW to come!

Tommoy : I didn't have much of a direction with the "room" when I was sketching mine out, but I like this kind of Egyptian design you've got going, kinda like a sarcophagus : great call, I like it. The pyramid might be a little to "Stargate" for me, but the Egyptian vibe is definitely a good idea I think . And ya I too would like for the physical surveyor to be a little alien-like (still very human though, it's just centuries/millennia of evolution are bound to have some sort of an impact) or at least much older than the 30 year-old projection : I think that visual helps to explain what is going on.

B-man! I hope you're doin' better with your health dude. Remember, drink plenty of fluides

On my part looks like I'm going to a show out of town on Saturday, so I won't be able to get much work done before Sunday evening (drivin' back Sunday I reckon). I'll try and get something done and post it here before I leave on Saturday, that way I'll have put in an extra contribution before I disappear for a while hehe The deadline ins Monday at 5:00 so if anything I can spend Monday afternoon adding final details and such.

Hmm, which brings the question : can we ENTER in ChoW as a team ? I don't think so, but it would be fun to at least post a final result in the forum, even if we don't make it to poll.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tim, don't know if we nailed it yet, but time is running out on us so we have to take the next step.

If you guys have time for it we could devide the drawing into three parts, one does the hardware and room, one the alien/human and one does the surveyor projection.

For example, Tim does the projection (something like your galaxy girl, but with a more defined body), Nic, you do the human/alien and I will take care of the environment and the chair. On monday one or each of us can pick up the elements and make it into one piece. Of course this could go totally wrong but were just testing ourselves at this moment. Let me know if this is okay.

Of course Björn, if jou are feeling better jump in.

Nic, we don't necessarily have to post it but if any of you would like to it's fine by me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sounds good Tommoy, I'll post some WIP's soon of the projection. Don't know if Nic will be able to get his done, being out of town and all. B-man hope you're feeling better bro!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmmm, I'm not sure this is gona work. We would need a set camera angle, background and assigned character positions in relation to each other for us to be able to work on this separately (and then make sure all the lighting sources work together once we've pieced this collage). Very hard to tie elements in from 3 separate sources I'ld imagine (it's not like we're simply standing 2 characters up next to each other here with a misc. background hehe).

We should have a "skeleton" sketch, with all of the elements in place if we're gona work this way, and I think even this will require a little reworking "magic" to piece things together properly in the end.

Alright I'm game, I'm willing to give it a shot, at least explore the process. I'll try and get some "skeleton" done by tomorrow before I leave so we can at least have a common view-angle going, and maybe limit out some zones of intervention. If anyone else would like to do the same it's all good, or simply tweak this part of the perspective or move this "character" a little more to the left etc. So that we can arrive at a consensus by mid-Sunday and give us one last day to tune detailing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nic, you're absolutely right about camera angle, light source and maybe color pallet. Of course we can tweak a lot but if it all doesn't fit it would be a waist. I'll wait for your skeleton sketch. By the way, if one of would rather do the environment its fine by me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Both you guys bring up really good points. It certainly will be tough to meld all these styles/colors/perspectives together. But so what, It should be fun to try and the result should be interesting! That being said, here's the projection pose I have been working on gives you guys an idea of the direction i'm going in. I'm just fleshing out the values as of now, working on relationships etc. But I imagine she'll be coming out of a cloud of something maybe be transparent, blue'is in color? Not sure yet, I'll post more as it comes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, wanted to get this out there. Plus I think it's better if I don't put to much info on it. Well, ok what I thought was necessary : basic "points de fuites" they call 'em in French, the "perspective reference horizons" maybe in English ? A general idea of where the characters are, and 3 different light sources (the most intense being the general room light, then the helmet/techno light and third the "ghost" light).

I'm thinkin' about plugging the physical surveyor right into the sarcophogus-bed, have a techno/breathing/brainscan helmet encase her in it, maybe with some tubes or sensors coming across her chest etc. Nothing apocalyptic though, something a little more sleek is what I have in mind.

That being said, I reckon that means I should probably do the bed along with the surveyor then ? I don't know if you had originally included it into the "background" Tom ?

Oh yes, I took Tim's latest "ghost" and simply twisted it slightly with "distortion" in Photoshop to have her fit the perspective better. Wanted to have more of a plunging view, bring the edge of the bed in closer to the viewer : give me more of a chance to illustrate the laying-body.

Again, if you feel we should change the perspective that's fine by me, what's important is that we all agree on a "view" before we start on our separate ways. I think a horizontal frame might be better on this one (?), be able to tighten in more on the characters maybe. But in any case this would be up to you Tom seein' as how you're Background man hehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nic, I didn't invest a lot of time into that pose. I can scrap it, no problem man. I have it easy, I can always adjust the body, you're working around a stationary object much harder imo. You keep fleshing out the sarcophagus w/ the old being. Tommoy can take the file add the tech and background along the same perspective, and I will finish with the ghost.

Oh and B-man will be working on a bowl of chicken noodle soup.

Last edited by t i m; December 19th, 2009 at 12:08 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahhhhh I had meant to try this myself earlier but forgot to do it. Tom : thought I'ld give my harddrive a quick pilfer-through and see if I could come up with something interesting as a reference sheet like you did earlier. So here is mine, some of them are a little boring I suppose (I studied architecture so a lot of my images are of door handles and light fixtures and such haha).

Tim, no sweat man I reckoned since you'd pushed the painting forward I might as well place it into the piece hehe. I most likely won't be able to work on this tomorrow (only Sunday), so I figured it would be good to have some sort of framework to allow you guys to keep moving forward and not be dragged down by my lack of availability.

And a bowl of soup you say ? haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright, goin' to bed so I'm posting what I sketched this evenning.

Screwin' around with the bed. Not happy with some of it, I like some of the rest. Anyway, here it is !

I'll get back to the thread come Sunday.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all great work from both of you. I like where were heading with this. I've made a sketch of the situation, if we stick at this it could actually work. A pity I can't do the chair but I understand you want to integrate the alien/human in it so its ok Nic. Lets keep the transformation effects and light effect open till we have the other elements in place. Background will be mostly bleu (Pantone 7453 to 7456) gray metal.

O, and I have some orange soup in the frige if anybody's interested.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Something like this I had in mind.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tommoy : excellent ! You'ld rather a Greenish light for the "headpiece" than a redish one ? I'm fine with that, I'll change it up. Alright, I'll keep the lighting effects to a minimum so we can coordinate that once all the pieces are in place, make sure it all works well together.

Cool, I'll get back to you guys with something ne.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys. So the show... Didn't go in the end ...

Anyway, given me time to work on another piece and tweak this "bed" a bit. Continued adding to the "helmet" 'cause I realised you figured it was probably attached to the bed as opposed to on the end of some articulated arm like I figured. Not too many details though, I'll leave that up to you Tom .

I'll work on the actual character once this bed is done, but wanted to post so that you can have some sort of contour to work with as soon as possible in case you guys were on this too. Still got a way to go, so I'll work on it some more.

Last edited by Rambozo; December 21st, 2009 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Slight update on the "bed"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nic, the light from the helmet doesn't have to be green, do it whatever you think's best.
    And why didn't you go to that show, are you snowed in, in the Netherlands we are.
    I like the bed and helmet a lot, I was thinking its made out of one piece and kind of floating but if they are separate and the helmet is attached to the sealing its fine by me. There are some minor issues on the perspective but nothing big, so drop in a gorgeous last human/alien and you're done.

Tim, how is your projection coming along?

Björn, if it's possible you do some work on the piece, let us know.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's what I've got sofar.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nic - Sorry to hear about the show.

Nice work so far you two, gonna spend some time on this tonight. I'll have her done by tomorrow morning.

Last edited by t i m; December 20th, 2009 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tom : For the show well, my girlfriend was feeling ill and it was a 2h30 drive there, and the other person who was supposed to come bailed, etc. So it just fell apart unfortunately. Ya I head about the snow you guys had : my cousin was making snowmen with his kids and all that haha But here we're not "snowed in" as the streets have been opened.

I got dragged into Christmas shopping yesterday with the mrs. ... And book stores close at 11:00 don't you know so my day got wasted at that and today I had to drive her to gpass her driver's written exam... Which means I totalled another what 4 hours there ? Point being : I didn't get to work on the alienish-chick !!!

Got a little under an hour left to pull before deadline, I'll patch it all up kick-like though if you guys have had time to work on your sections. What's the verdict boys ?

Last edited by Rambozo; December 21st, 2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: spelling...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, this is what I've made up for now. Don't know what to think of it really. I hope any of you guys did something better But the important thing is its a good warming up for the real Team CHoW challenge coming up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn fine work there Tommoy! I think we did a pretty good job of getting our point across, unique experience working on the same image, but it certainly a great exercise in communication. I'm really excited to hear the topic and start the brainstorming!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Marry X-mas guys!
    Im better and I'll be posting new artwork anyday. Sorry for not beeing around much lately.
    You guys are doing a good job on this chow. I cant wait for the topic either.

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Björn! Glad to read that you're better Too bad you didn't get to stretch your legs with us on this Surveyor ChoW. Like Tim says : it was something different to all be working on the same pic.

Merry Christmas boys. I'm drivin' way up North to no-man's-land today to spend soma the holidays with my girlfriend's family. I'll be back on the 29th so that'll be in time to start this new theme hehe I'll probably be able to get some stuff done up there if need be, check my mail at least.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Merry Christmas!

B-man glad to hear you're back man, looking forward to seeing that art, and the topic can't come soon enough

Wish you guys the best for the holiday, be safe, and enjoy the good food and drink!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Merry Christmas Y'all.

Glad to hear you're better Björn, we are counting on you for the team event.

Next week we finally get the info, I'm pretty exited on what its gonna be.

Here's the christmas card I've send to my customers in Holland, it says something like 'Santa keeps surprising us'.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Topic is announced, this is going to be fun.

1. Your team will choose TWO CARDS per person to illustrate. So, a 2 person team needs 4, a 4 person team 8, etc. This is the minimum requirement, you may choose more.
    2. You may only take major arcana for half your cards, please choose Lesser Arcana (The Suits) for at least half. Bonus points for those who do mostly Lesser Arcana!
    3. I will allow 4 teams per card. First come, first serve. If we get all the cards covered by at least four teams each, I will then be open to letting you pick cards that are already full. We want to make sure to get a full deck!
    4. Please make sure that your files can be sized down to 9 cm by 15.5 cm (or 3.543 x 6.1 inches) at 300 dpi. I'm exploring the option of seeing if we can get it printed, so please make sure your work is print-quality, or please write "OPT OUT OF PRINT" when you submit your work so I know you're not interested in having your cards printed as part of your deck.
    5. PLEASE DO NOT START DRAWING UNTIL JANUARY FIRST! Right now is the time to get everyone's cards assigned and start brainstorming, but please don't start drawing as it's unfair for the other teams.
    6. That's it, Have Fun!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot
    http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/

If we want some of the cards in particular we have to be quick. Here's the list:

CARD LIST

NOTE! White means that some of the 4 slots have been filled, Red means all of the slots have been filled.

Major Arcana

0 The Fool - Bight Young Mutations
    I The Magician -
    II The High Priestess - PIRATE SHIP LOLLIPOP!
    III The Empress -
    IV The Emperor -
    V The Hierophant -
    VI The Lovers - PIRATE SHIP LOLLIPOP!
    VII The Chariot -
    VIII Strength -
    IX The Hermit -
    X Wheel of Fortune -
    XI Justice -
    XII The Hanged Man - Thundercats
    XIII Death - Thundercats, Exquisite Corpse
    XIV Temperance -
    XV The Devil
    XVI The Tower - Milk of Amnesia
    XVII The Star - Thundercats
    XVIII The Moon - Messzi Scruffz
    XIX The Sun - Messzi Scruffz
    XX Judgment -
    XXI The World -

Lesser Arcana
    Wands
    Ace of Wands -
    Two of Wands -
    Three of Wands -
    Four of Wands -
    Five of Wands -
    Six of Wands -
    Seven of Wands -
    Eight of Wands -
    Nine of Wands -
    Ten of Wands -
    Princess of Wands -
    Knight of Wands - Thundercats
    Queen of Wands -
    King of Wands - Milk of Amnesia

Swords
    Ace of Swords -
    Two of Swords -
    Three of Swords -
    Four of Swords -
    Five of Swords -
    Six of Swords -
    Seven of Swords -
    Eight of Swords -
    Nine of Swords -
    Ten of Swords -
    Princess of Swords -
    Knight of Swords - Bight Young Mutations
    Queen of Swords - Messzi Scruffz, Thundercats
    King of Swords - Messzi Scruffz

Cups
    Ace of Cups -
    Two of Cups -
    Three of Cups -
    Four of Cups -
    Five of Cups -
    Six of Cups -
    Seven of Cups -
    Eight of Cups -
    Nine of Cups -
    Ten of Cups -
    Princess of Cups -
    Knight of Cups -
    Queen of Cups -
    King of Cups -

Pentacles
    Ace of Pentacles -
    Two of Pentacles -
    Three of Pentacles -
    Four of Pentacles -
    Five of Pentacles -
    Six of Pentacles -
    Seven of Pentacles -
    Eight of Pentacles -
    Nine of Pentacles -
    Ten of Pentacles -
    Princess of Pentacles - Exquisite Corpse
    Knight of Pentacles -
    Queen of Pentacles -
    King of Pentacles -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The theme is out !!!

Ok, I wanted to post a blanket shot-gun call to get some good themes for the team, but I won't know what you guys want to draw... Here are my personnal choices :

1-Ace of Swords
    2-Death
    3-Judgment
    4-The Devil

I'm gona call Ace of Swords and Judgment on the forum (I don't mind switching cards with any of you guys later though, as long as our team gets some good cards )

***edit = I also asked for Death for the team (I don't know if it will go through as I didn't ask it for myself), because it seemed like a cool card (although maybe a bit generic) and there was only one spot left on the card (unless I missed a post on the forum and then there wouldn't be any spots left on the Death Card).

-It'll be easy to trade it with another team after I reckon if you guys don't want it- Come on: Death is the Ace of Spades !!! That's MEEE hehe if no one wants it I'll take it, like I said as long as the team has a good pool of cards I'm happy.***

Last edited by Rambozo; December 26th, 2009 at 03:43 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all, I'm going to take my helmet's sake and pick up the Ace of Cups. I'm also going to go ahead and reserve the other aces too. Better safe than sorry, if you guys don't want to do that we can always pick something else. However, what I was thinking we could do is everyone pick up the ace of what suit they are (Nic swords, Tommoy wands, B-man pentacles, Me cups) and then pick a major card to do, 4 majors and 4 minor (aces). The major cards are a bit easier seeing as they are very figurative so that's pretty self explanatory. If you read the descriptions of the Aces though they are a bit more ambiguous, in fact they aren't represented by people at all and are more about themes. Maybe we could work together to think about a way to link all the aces together either design wise or character wise I don't know, but be free to interrupt our individual suits. What do you guys think?

Last edited by t i m; December 26th, 2009 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, if you get all the Aces your team name will really work well Looking forward to seeing your kickass work!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightblue For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.