Team Chow III: Super hero Laundromat - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's my version of the Banner guys....i don't have the shadows in maybe you can do that undead because. I'm not really good at that for some odd reason.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dibujio::Guru; January 1st, 2010 at 11:31 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol awsome guru that looks much better yea before bed tonight ill add the shadows and fix it all i really did was barely use the burn tool

::EDIT:: got some shadows alright next steep start gettin our ideas out!

Name:  superherolaundromat banner.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  267.5 KB

Last edited by Undeadartist; January 1st, 2010 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks man ill be getting started on ideas

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my god, that picture is amazing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here some thumbnails trying to get some movement in them later on.I'm also trying to figure out what kind of background and composition to go with .

(Frist one for the knight was kind of a learning thing with the horse problem wont do the horse thing)

Knight of Sword:I'm thinking of factory or building like structure with some steam punk style and Renaissance and he's on foot looking down the field ready to take own some bad guys or something and he's all filled with excitement(But till looking angry and fearless) in his face or something or getting ready for some sort of attack (Just some quick brain storming).But ill problem tone it down an try to fit in some smoke and a dark sky maybe.Also give him some more of what the card information says the character is about and add those elements in.

O The Fool:Just trying to get some type of funny playful guy with some heavier Renaissances elements and a little steam punk.Ill problem go with like he's on a stage and stuff with his stick all steam punk and him looking at the crowd with a smile.With his goggles all fog up but even those are all deck out with his personality.

(But till these are not finally just trying to find out were to go with them and problem be a few more thumbnails to come to get the finally version)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awsome stuff guru love the look of the knights, i think you should add some movment to the horse though i think it would be pretty sweet to see him on the charge or someting of the sort or even have the horse rearing, the fool idea sounds good cant wait to see some more of him come along ill be working on some thumbs tonight

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just to let you guys know i won't be able to get on vent today have to handled some busy.I'll be on tomorrow for sure to get more idea's going and ill be posting more thumbnails and stuff. So an till then...LAUNDROMAT AWAY!! lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok sooooooo here are my first 2 ideas guys let me know what you think crits welcome

the hermit- Im thinking about making some kind of monk/priest/pope from renisance time and try to think about making him steampunk esc. i thought the hand holding a lantern would be actually attached to him and make his staff some kind of mechanical clock work device (more ideas/sug welcome)

Four of swords- well i decided to make a sort of knight/robot think on a operating table or some kind of assembly area with the swords/possibly parts hanging from the ceiling, and possibly make him in pieces.

Name:  the-hermit-idea1.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  82.8 KBName:  four-of-swords-idea.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  113.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe you can make the light kind of like a small generator with some steam punk elements...so far looking good though.For the knight on the table give him like a steam punk generator kind of broking and destroyed in the background.But what you got for starters is looking good.

What are you thinking about the background for the characters are you keeping it simple or are you going to take it further like out the window there like a steam punk and Renaissance like flying machine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah mah gad. If I walked in on you guys doin laundry I'd probably get insecure and walk out. Too awesome for me. :o

Lookin forward to your tarot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well havent decided yet i was thinking just making it light shining though lighting up just the knight on the table make him the focal point and stuff and the hermit im not sure quite yet im thinking maybe make some flying machines in the background but havent decided

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guys, came here to apologize profusely for my extended artistic absence.
    Sorry. In any case, I have a load of new paper to scribble on, so we can have some fun. Just to conifrm, I got the Devil and the Knight of Pentacles, Undead I believe you got the Hermit? I any case, I believe we can maintain a coherent theme through some background for our characters. Picture this, ok? Our current idea is Renaissance/Steampunk. You guys have almost definitely seen the sketches Da Vinci did: what if we base the characters from our Tarot in an alternate timeline where not only were his inventions made, they allowed the rebirth of the Roman Empire after the Italian government and the Medici family got their hands on them. We could paint our Tarot cards as important figures from this parallel world: The hermit could be Da Vinci, perhaps with a new clockwork/steam powered body, the Knights could be steam-powered automata (Da Vinci actually drew schematics for a steam powered Knight robot. No joke) etc.
    As an aside, im guessing in this new world of science and reason, the more superstitious, witchcrafty types might have some sort of cult dedicated to undermining this new Iron Age. The Devil might be their leader - a demon summoned into this new steel-coated city to claim it in hells name. Cue massive war between the Legions of the Pit and the Galvanic Knights (Galvanic force was an old name for electrical power, but I think we can steal it for our own robot knights).
    Of course I might just be spouting absolute rubbish here. But see what you guys think. Ill post more art in a bit.

CRITIQUE AS YOU WOULD BE CRITIQUED
    http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59
    THE ABOVE LINK IS ALL YOU NEED

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=200044 <- Sketchbook - filled with unhappy things.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys tonight vent 600 my time you down i completely spaced lastnight : (

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ill be there for sure

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys im on feel free to pop in runnin a bit late

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    are you guys hearing me on vent im not sure if my mic is working or if you guys are busy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't hear anything talk again on vent

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here are more thumbs

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well guys mic is fuckin up again so im calling it a night and ill juts try again tomorrow night guys

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright cool dude sucks whats happening with the mic man.I'm going to post a thumbnail in a few very rough but yea see ya guys later on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's what I've sketched so far for my Six of Wands:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys wont be able to get on vent tonight lookin good alex lookin forward to see where you take this

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Since everyone seems to be indulging in preliminary sketches, I thought I would join in with a basic sketch of mine in preparation for the Knight "O" Pentacles:

Comments and crits on the DESIGN please: I know the pose and rendering is awful, I spent around an hour on this one.

CRITIQUE AS YOU WOULD BE CRITIQUED
    http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59
    THE ABOVE LINK IS ALL YOU NEED

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=200044 <- Sketchbook - filled with unhappy things.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it'll look good as a darker card with the warm colors glowing like how I'm interpreting it. Where are you going to put the steampunk-y aspects? That's the biggest trouble I have so far, is just figuring out where to slap some metal and gears hahah.

Almost done with my Nine of Cups sketch, or at least enough of it to post

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nine of Cups

I wanted to make a kitty with some kind of mechanical monocle for some reason o.o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys great stuff sorry for my abcense been helping some freinds move last few days been busy, but great stuff all over guys

Mordus: i agree with alex just tweak the design more and make it look more combination renisance/steampunk, it looks almost to fantasy for me and try to also show the full figure and one last comment, he looks to stiff try bringing up the shoulders a little higher and play around with poses, keep in mind to (if there is a person under the armor) they need to be able to move in a variety of angles, i really suggest more studys for you before you do any kind of work from your head even if its an hour a day study some anatomy (bridgman, loomis) you can find free books online and its all legit. but sorry to kinda be a bit of an ass but i see major problems with anatomy and proportion. Try also checking out crimson daggers study group everymorning follow my link and youll find some stuff that may help.

Alex great stuff so far cat=awesomeness have any ideas for background? also id ad a bit more steam punk to the lady.

but cant wait to see were everyone takes these good job will post my stuff real soon.

Last edited by Undeadartist; January 12th, 2010 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was probably going to leave it a dark simple background, because I'm going to have SO much going on with the cups and her, I don't want the background drawing away from them!

I've begun painting it in photoshop already, and I'll tr to remember to post a jpg soon. Can't right now, because I've got to scoot off to class soon!

As for the girl, I would LOVE some ideas for steampunky things to add to her please! I can't think of anything! I'm so not very familiar with Steampunk, so my ideas and inspiration is kind of limited D:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys yet again im being taken away from contributing just got over getting sick last few days with the flu all better now but i plan on busting out som work tonight, and as for the girl steampunk stuff, you could always make one of her arms clockwork esk, and maybe just like the cat give her some trippy monicle if not a bad ass pair of goggles

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Progress shot:

Haven't done her bionic arm or anything like that yet. Each cup will have a different "pleasure" from the different senses and just whatever I can think of haha.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nine of Cups

finished...? Maybe? Just kinda winged it with the name place thing

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1