Yo J to the P! I asked Ferdi to join us, he'll be here soon! We'll just have to wait on Cameron, I already emailed him...we'll see what happens.
Alrighty, I'm pumped for this! Hey, what style are we going with here? I'm up for anything. We should do one where all of us are comfortable with, when again we shouldn't if we wanna push ourselves! I've got a feeling this CHOW is gonna be film noir or steampunk genre...
Awesome Cameron! Now all we need is Ferdi and the team is complete. anyone got messenger details to share, or should we just stick to emails or maybe google wave, like some others are trying? These things would be for those times when we all know we are sitting down together and we can share stuff as we do it.
I don't know about Ferdi. I already gave him this link but oviously he hasn't got back to us. In regards to 'secret convos' I wouldn't mind talking via Facebook chat since all of us have already have that, including Ferdi.
The confused part: I still have to get a better understanding of this whole major, lesser stuff, plus I have no idea about Tarot cards. But I'll wiki it. But if someone can break it down for me that'd be good!
So, what about the style we're going with? Are we just gonna go with the typical digi art style or comic style or somwthing else?
let's get some sketches done people! ('cos I got no clue where to begin with this Major, lesser crap also haha! )
LET'S KEEP POSTIN UP SHIT IN HERE AND MOTIVATE EACH OTHER!!!
Hello boys and girls! Once again, we saved something special for team chow. This is a liiittle different then what we usually have going on, so please pay close attention!
This month, Team Chow will be attempting to create it's very own Tarot Deck! For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a deck of cards very similar to the usual 4 suited deck, but with 22 extra cards called the 'major arcana'. The four suits are also different : Swords, Cups, Wands, and Pentacles/Coins. In the following post there will be a list of all the cards.
For those of you who don't know much about it, please allow me to send you to a couple of sites to read up on it.
Though often used as a form of divination, we'll be approaching it from a strictly design perspective. Each card is meant to tell a very particular tale (though this tale often depends on the reader) and has many symbols and meanings attached to it. The goal will be to do each card as a character-based (this is still chow) illustration to illuminate the meaning of the card. However, the specific meaning and the symbols will be up to you. We will, however, be following mostly to the Rider-Waite deck, with the exception that we will be using Princess instead of Page.
If you have any more questions about the above, please feel free to ask.
And here are the Rules ::
1. Your team will choose TWO CARDS per person to illustrate. So, a 2 person team needs 4, a 4 person team 8, etc. This is the minimum requirement, you may choose more.
2. You may only take major arcana for half your cards, please choose Lesser Arcana (The Suits) for at least half. Bonus points for those who do mostly Lesser Arcana!
3. You will post your choices in this thread. I will allow 4 teams per card. First come, first serve. If we get all the cards covered by at least four teams each, I will then be open to letting you pick cards that are already full. We want to make sure to get a full deck!
4. Please make sure that your files can be sized down to 9 cm by 15.5 cm (or 3.543 x 6.1 inches) at 300 dpi. I'm exploring the option of seeing if we can get it printed, so please make sure your work is print-quality, or please write "OPT OUT OF PRINT" when you submit your work so I know you're not interested in having your cards printed as part of your deck.
5. PLEASE DO NOT START DRAWING UNTIL JANUARY FIRST! Right now is the time to get everyone's cards assigned and start brainstorming, but please don't start drawing as it's unfair for the other teams.
6. That's it, Have Fun!