Thread: Team Chow III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Thanks
    Wow great work here, you guy rock!

GL !!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

sick :(

Hey guys, I've been sick since Friday night and finding it real hard to push. I had such grand plans for this weekend and now it's almost over.

Tommoy: Thanks a lot man, actually I think it was the discussion in your thread that got me thinking that the dragon is not such a good idea for a major figure like the King. We'll see where we go from here.

I've a couple of other ideas for the two of wands. Here are the drafts:

Attachment 875471

More later hopefully!

Thanks
    Daymn Clanlord, that's an awesome drawing!

Not sure that we can use it though... The dragon is too small compared to the figure imo. Also the character does not look like a King.

We need sketches, many, quick ones. It really is a shame you made this awesomely detailed drawing at this stage.

Here are a couple I just put together for the Fool and the High Priestess.

The Fool:

Attachment 876054

I wanted to make our fool not so foolish looking, but rather an imposing and twisted looking figure. I guess kind of inspiread by the Joker from Batman? So from the examples I gave above I guess the darkest one is the one I liked the best. I was thinking of making him look like a god on top of a hill with a painted sky behind him. Not sure about the chains yet but I through them in there because I'm really starting to get this theme going about chains and torture.

The Priestess:

Attachment 876055

Speaking of torture, I decided to go for a dark version here again. More like the high priestess of suicide and self mutilation. She's stabbing herself with two cross type swords.

Thanks

More Foolishness

Ok here's an update to the Fool.

Attachment 876080

Thanks
    Thank you Nick!

No problem your sketches have some good ideas we will work on them more and push forward your ideas. I particularly like what Headhunter did with King Of Pentacles. Actually my initial idea lost during the process of the drawing and it came up totally different. Anyway let's look on the drawing like something which is done only for inspiration. We will not include it because I am not satisfied with it too .
    But I insist that we must take care of what is written about the cards in the main sources which I pointed out in the first page and use it. The character and all elements behind each must clearly symbolise a certain thought.

I will try to share my ideas about your characters here with quick sketches as soon as I finish with my obligitory work from school.

Keep drawing guys! - G

Thanks
    Clanlord I've been reading a bit into the links you posted earlier. While I do think following what these links say it is probably ok to skip some of the aspects related to the info given there.

I've been talking to Headhunter about this. For example I'm not sure that the Four of Wands must actually have 4 wands shown in the picture. That being said if we can make a four arm woman holding 4 wands look good I'm all for it. Maybe the wands can be placed in the ground the character could be in the middle?

For the King I really like the dragon Headhunter painted, it seems to work.

One of the things we might consider is to do the dragon bounded similar to how Ring Wyrms were "collared" in Final Fantasy XII. Here are some images:

Team Chow III: Doomsday Dream Clan Team Chow III: Doomsday Dream Clan

We can perhaps make the collar have a pentacle pattern within?

Then again, it could get really crowded...

Here is another push I made on the Priestess, colored her using the quick and dirty method but I spent more time on it then I should've.

Attachment 877057

I think the only card design we've settled to has been the Ace of Cups. Clanlord if you can make 3 sketches of him then we can pick the best one for you to detail then I can start painting him perhaps?

Also Miro said he likes the Fool's design. Maybe you guys can post some variations of him? I kind of like the composition, was thinking of making the background full of chains, making it a hell type environment. He's not foolish at all though ... more like sinister evil.

Thanks
    Niva, I'll try to work over your fool's sketch. He needs to fit in the composition little bit more.

Thanks
    OK, not sure you want it but I put the Fool Draft file on the ftp site. I still feel like ass but I think I'm getting a bit better now.

Thanks
    Hello team-mates!

I am very happy actually because such artist like Miro gave such success and brought to our team people's attention with these initial sketches. The ideas, compositions and symbolism is just stunning at that stage of development. Nick, I think we should seriously consider helping him with some extra tips and ideas about four of wands digital WIP and other designs. I think they are very solid and we must try to built ideas over them. I feel so small before Miro that every idea in my mind I create I feel it totally meaningless and stupid.

Fast recoveryNick! We need you!

However, I will try to present my idea in a different way so you can think over it moreseriously. I will try to update soon!

--------------------------------------

The King of Pentacles
    Картата олицетворява храбростта и интелектуалната сила. Успех свързан с математиката. Инстикт за това кое е реално и кое не е.Радост от живота. Рядко значи и нетърпение.
    Male

The Queen of Pentacles
    Картата олицетворява трезвата мисъл, реализмът и свободата. Засилване на влечението на материалните ценности. Нужна е мярка.
    Female

Ace of Cups
    Картата е предшественик на изключителен шанс. Себереализация. Означава радост успех, любов към близките дори и еротична любов. За успеха е необходимо да се потрудим.
    Female

Two of Wands
    Картата смимволизира два персонажа. Едният е господарят, а другия страдащия човек. За да се измъкнем от тази ситуация трябва да сме почтени.
    Male

Four of Wands
    Картата разкрива период на спокойствие и мир. Излизане от оковите. Общуване. Развлечения. Радост. Връзка с другите хора.
    Male

The High Priestess (High Arcana)
    Тази карта олицетворява всички неосъзнати сили. Висшата жрица държи кючът към подсъзнанието. Тук логиката е по добре да се забрави и да се помисли за невъзможното, свръхестественото. Добре е да последваме своите мечти и да им се отдадем напълно, така ще се чувстваме най-добре.
    Female

The Fool (High Arcana)
    Картата символизира откритост, безгрижна игра, радост от малките детайли в живота.Също може да означава лекомислие, наивност. Друго значение на Глупака е хитър човек.
    Male

Thanks
    Team Chow III: Doomsday Dream Clan - just made some changes over Niva's sketch

Thanks
    Very nice Miro. Just the difference made me feel out of my boots of joy. You have really made it quick. Here are even faster sketches of designs and ideas. I am amazed how easy it is to draw small thumbnails like these. The ideas come up very quickly. I want to hear your opinion and then I will start doing the final sketch on which you are going to paint.

Thanks
    Ok great updates guys.

Headhunter you're correct, your composition works much better imo. I do like the chain theme going on I had earlier though. I'd rather make him in a hellish type environment with chains and hooks hanging in the background, maybe stick one in the foreground too.

Clanlord thanks a bunch for finally doing some thumbs! This is what we need to visualize the different ideas and choose the best. The angle on the ace doesn't seem to work, I'd like to see the whole cup. Also not sure about the arms splitting. The High Priestess take is interesting, but I can't get enough of the image to really understand what's going on. The King looks like a badass knight, this is in a better direction than the previous version which was an emaciated priest type character on the dragon you posted above but perhaps too far in the armor direction. I do like the thumbnail though. The queen of pentacles is a neat layout, again not graspin enough image details though.

The two of wands is a great direction I think, not sure how it will fit in the fianl required image size though, we'd either have to chop the wands a bit or make the main figure really small. Hope I coverd all of them.

Here is another take on the Four of Wands based on the direction Miro took earlier. I made her eyes sown shut, as well as a huge cut across her torso which has been sown shut too. While this composition is really symmetric I think it does work for the type of image we're trying to get to. It has the four eyes and the four wands and arms.

Attachment 878777

I don't think the image shows enough detail to understand where I'm trying to go with it so I might stab a color version again.

Finally I'm feeling a bit better though the forecast of activities does not look too good. I might have to travel this weekend.

Ultimately I think we should make our final selections this weekend though. Maybe Friday if it's good for you guys?

I think we've settled on the Fool though as shown in the last image by Miro. Clanlord if you're looking to draw a full one start there. I also want to see more variations for the Ace of Cups from you then we can give some direction which one to blow up and detail.

Thanks

some shading

OK that sketch above was really horrible, this idea actually works IMO.

Right now the head is too small.

Also we can consider turning the head in profile to break up the symmetry?

Attachment 878849

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast