showing originality
    doing what no one else has done
    creating your own style
    being a pioneer
    taking a different approach
    inventing something new
    diverging from the crowd
    marching to a different drummer

Try to visualize one of these in your head and what kind of picture you like to present.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Finally sketched some of the ideas I have which are for two of wands and queen of pentacles:

Team Chow III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Thanks
    o_O

I like the outfit on the queen, not sure about the critter below.

Thinking about this more it would be nice if we do female versions of half of the characters? High Priestess, Queen of Pentacles and either Two or Four of wands would be our females.

Clanlord hasn't posted much yet, really need to get rolling on this stuff though. The more we have the better.

Thanks
    Headhunter, your style has motivated me to try something different with the King.

Attachment 873049

Imma have a couple rought days at work coming up so don't expect much until the weekend. This weekend though I'll make at least one more take on each one tho, that's my goal... see how it works out tho

Thanks
    Now this is the mood in which we must go on! - G

Thanks

response to PMs

Please draw but don't go crazy on the size or the details right now.

There is a bad thing about the dragon idea. Remember that these are supposed to be cards, therefore the final image size will be small. If we make a big dragon the king will disappear in the design of the card... it will instead look like the dragon of pentacles with a small figure on the top which may/not be recognizable as a king.

At this stage I'm all for trying different ideas.

One of the things which came to mind earlier today is to perhaps include a theme in all of our cards which would in some way or another symbolize torture. The Ace of cups already looks chained in the designs I had. We could make the other figures for our cards mutilated and piereced/bound in some ways?

For example, the two of wands could be pierced by two spears through the chest. The king and queen of pentacles could be crucified?

Anyways, keep the discussion here and lets see the designs.

I think after discussing with Headhunter we will also use week 2 for ideas before we get working on the detailed pieces. Remember that we have plenty of time still and both headhunter and I can whip out detailed works quickly at this stage.

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu!
    Thanks
    Headhunter your work is really impressive. Love your sketches. How long do you take for one of 'em? And do you render it out in black and white before colouring?

Thanks

The Fool

Hey guys,
    I have signed us up for one extra: "The Fool"

Here are some tarot images of the character:

Attachment 875047 Team Chow III: Doomsday Dream Clan Team Chow III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Team Chow III: Doomsday Dream Clan Team Chow III: Doomsday Dream Clan Team Chow III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Test description 1 from source of image: This goes double for the psychic world and highway driving, where people who are too sure of themselves are the most dangerous.

Description from 2nd source: With his possessions in a small bundle at the end of a stick, the fool travels to places unknown. So busy with daydreaming, he may just fall over the cliff. A small dog is either warning him or jaunting along with him. Fool is the card of infinite possibilities. He’s on his way to a new beginning but stop daydreaming and fantasizing and watch your step, lest you fall and end up looking the fool.

Also another example of a Priestess card:
    Team Chow III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Thanks
    Headhunter : sick dude. Specially diggin' the first batch of sketches, they all have sweet elements to 'em

Thanks

!

Quote Originally Posted by Janos View Post
    Headhunter your work is really impressive. Love your sketches. How long do you take for one of 'em? And do you render it out in black and white before colouring?
    Thanks mate! I don't know about the time but it's approximately 30-45 minutes. About the rendering it's not always b&w in first stage, it depends on how i feel in the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambozo View Post
    Headhunter : sick dude. Specially diggin' the first batch of sketches, they all have sweet elements to 'em
    Thanks! Just sketching basic ideas, i don't need to say it all with the first sketch.
    Last edited by Headhunter; January 10th, 2010 at 09:21 AM.

Thanks
    Great work from you guys. Niva, you have a point when suggesting a dragon could draw away attention from the main character being an ace, King or whatever. There are enough existing cards however with a character and animal combination that work fine so it should be possible. I think you're safe as long as the main focus is on the character.

Thanks

Thanks
    Hello teamates and people who look at our works and comment! It is very useful, thank you!

Nick I went to details and I messed up some legs and lenghts of chests. I spent this day drawing King Of Pentacles on a dragon and I think The King may disappear if we draw the dragon in full size. I do like the idea about turtured characters but I am not too sure if the cards won't lose their aim. Because there are certain elements that we must take care of.

Ace Of Cups - The Ace of Cups shows is a symbol of possibility in the area of deep feelings, intimacy, attunement, compassion and love. In readings, it shows that a seed of emotional awareness has been planted in your life although you may not yet recognize it. When the seed sprouts, it could take almost any form. It might be an attraction, strong feeling, intuitive knowing, or sympathetic reaction. On the outside, it could be an offer, gift, opportunity, encounter or synchronistic event.

I would recommend you guys we start arranging some serious ideas. I like a lot Miro's variant of Four Of Wands - the wings, the the wands. The idea behind each one of them must be emphasised on the meaning of each card. If we draw each card "tirtured" where is the aim of Ace Of Cups or High Priestess. I also think that we should do 3 (King Of Pentacles, Four Of Wands, Two Of Wands) male and 3 (Ace Of Cups, High Priestess, Queen Of Pentacles) female characters.

Anyway here is my idea about the King. If you have something in mind we can develop the idea or leave it. Don't worry I can make other drawings .

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast