I think I understood everything. I think your choices are suitable for our team. I fully agree with you. OK if it is I will send you some initial information as a start so we can continue our work! This site is very important because it is in bulgarian so this will make the job even easier.http://www.taroastro.com/
We have for now 6 tarot cards in which are included one high arcana. If I am write and teams of 3 must draw 6 tarots.
So if we have to draw 6 characters in tarot cards (because we are three members in a team) we have chosen these:
* High Priestess (high arcana)
* Four of Wands
* Two of Wands
* Ace of Cups
* Queen of Pentacles
* King of Pentacles
Last edited by clanlord; January 1st, 2010 at 02:38 AM.
1. Your team will choose TWO CARDS per person to illustrate. So, a 2 person team needs 4, a 4 person team 8, etc. This is the minimum requirement, you may choose more.
2. You may only take major arcana for half your cards, please choose Lesser Arcana (The Suits) for at least half. Bonus points for those who do mostly Lesser Arcana!
3. You will post your choices in this thread. I will allow 4 teams per card. First come, first serve. If we get all the cards covered by at least four teams each, I will then be open to letting you pick cards that are already full. We want to make sure to get a full deck!
4. Please make sure that your files can be sized down to 9 cm by 15.5 cm (or 3.543 x 6.1 inches) at 300 dpi. I'm exploring the option of seeing if we can get it printed, so please make sure your work is print-quality, or please write "OPT OUT OF PRINT" when you submit your work so I know you're not interested in having your cards printed as part of your deck.
5. PLEASE DO NOT START DRAWING UNTIL JANUARY FIRST! Right now is the time to get everyone's cards assigned and start brainstorming, but please don't start drawing as it's unfair for the other teams.
6. That's it, Have Fun!
Week 1 - conceptualizing with solid ideas on what we want to do by end of week Week 2 - detailed first drafts by end of week 2 Week 3 - mostly finished artwork Week 4 - finishing touches and writing, any extra work beyond challenge requirements that we can put together for our final entry.
Last edited by clanlord; December 31st, 2009 at 07:09 AM.
Thanks for posting those reference cards, they're definitely worth thinking about.
I had an idea about the high priestess card. I wanted to picture her on a hill overlooking an army stretching into the distance. I wanted to give her a light aspect, though the card could change upon the draw to a dark aspect for example, symbolizing that the dark forces would have the blessing of the gods in a conflict the tarot draw is foretelling.
Also for the Four of Wands, I wanted to draw a four eyed character holding a wand.
The King of Pentacles I thought about picturing as a crowned mage on a dragon?
this headhunter sketch is awesome! I like the lady and the helmet. Really nice design, but composition doesnt fit for a card, yet (but holy cow, thats just a first skecth, i must check out, what will happenin' here, later)