Team Chow III: Milk of Amnesia

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Last edited by fluorine; January 1st, 2010 at 12:47 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn looking forward to your work ppl!

-PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

4. The Following User Says Thank You to comixnut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck, Grace and Faye! I know you girls will create something wonderful yet again!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Moai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi hi omg a team sketch book! This'll be so much fun!

I'm popping back into my vacation now, frozen frigid in China Looking forward to this when I come back!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just posting to say hi, I'm looking forward to working with both of you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey I am looking for a team. Are you interested, because I really am. Give me a quick pm just so that I know if I have to keep on looking.
    I think I can contribute, and learn a lot.
    Cheers

PS: Links to my work in my signature, check out my sketchbook, the newest stuff is there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am back! Welcome Lancer! Sweet stuff, can't wait to work with you.
    I might start doing some warm up character sketches if I don't get too distracted by the many Asian games I bought Maybe at least I'll do some gesture drawing. It's been a while since I last did characters.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    welcome back~~~ Finally~~~ we're all together. Can't wait for them to announce the topic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    saw an interesting blog today and here are some facial studies (with animal-like feature) from the middle ages, or something:

has nothing directly to do with team chow, but I thought you guys might find it interesting also

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The faces are awesome!!! Once again, proved my point, nothing is original~~~ haha.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Main thread is up: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=177363

Quote Originally Posted by daestwen View Post

TEAM CHOW III :: TAROT
    DESCRIPTION

Hello boys and girls! Once again, we saved something special for team chow. This is a liiittle different then what we usually have going on, so please pay close attention!

This month, Team Chow will be attempting to create it's very own Tarot Deck! For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a deck of cards very similar to the usual 4 suited deck, but with 22 extra cards called the 'major arcana'. The four suits are also different : Swords, Cups, Wands, and Pentacles/Coins. In the following post there will be a list of all the cards.

For those of you who don't know much about it, please allow me to send you to a couple of sites to read up on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot
    http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/

Though often used as a form of divination, we'll be approaching it from a strictly design perspective. Each card is meant to tell a very particular tale (though this tale often depends on the reader) and has many symbols and meanings attached to it. The goal will be to do each card as a character-based (this is still chow) illustration to illuminate the meaning of the card. However, the specific meaning and the symbols will be up to you. We will, however, be following mostly to the Rider-Waite deck, with the exception that we will be using Princess instead of Page.

If you have any more questions about the above, please feel free to ask.

And here are the Rules ::

1. Your team will choose TWO CARDS per person to illustrate. So, a 2 person team needs 4, a 4 person team 8, etc. This is the minimum requirement, you may choose more.
    2. You may only take major arcana for half your cards, please choose Lesser Arcana (The Suits) for at least half. Bonus points for those who do mostly Lesser Arcana!
    3. You will post your choices in this thread. I will allow 4 teams per card. First come, first serve. If we get all the cards covered by at least four teams each, I will then be open to letting you pick cards that are already full. We want to make sure to get a full deck!
    4. Please make sure that your files can be sized down to 9 cm by 15.5 cm (or 3.543 x 6.1 inches) at 300 dpi. I'm exploring the option of seeing if we can get it printed, so please make sure your work is print-quality, or please write "OPT OUT OF PRINT" when you submit your work so I know you're not interested in having your cards printed as part of your deck.
    5. PLEASE DO NOT START DRAWING UNTIL JANUARY FIRST! Right now is the time to get everyone's cards assigned and start brainstorming, but please don't start drawing as it's unfair for the other teams.
    6. That's it, Have Fun!

Thanks, and Good Luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Please go to the thread linked above and pick your characters. Please keep in mind that we need to have at least 50% of our cards be Lesser Arcana (The suits.)

I staked out for myself XVI - the Tower and King of the Wands. I'm open for trading if any of you would like to do one of these instead Have fun!

King of the Wands

Lions and salamanders (symbols of Fire) adorn the pillar behind the King of Wands. Like the Page of Wands and the Knight of Wands, his robes bear the sign of the salamander, and a live salamander waits at his feet. His bearing is one of authority.

This card represents self-assertion and ambition. The King of Wands focuses on finance and business - particularly the aspects of planning and construction. Your strength lies in your leadership abilities. Be confident and self-reliant and direct your efforts in areas where your strength can bear fruit.

As with all Court cards, it is also possible for a King to represent a person. The astrological sign for the King of Wands is Aires. A mature man who is noble and generous, yet hasty and passionate, maybe indicated. Other adjectives to describe this person might be: optimistic, capable, idealistic, hot-tempered, impatient, daring, and energetic. This King may represent the vocations of: real estate, building construction, planning or any leadership position.

The Tower

A tower is struck by a bolt of lightning and bursts into flame. Two figures fall from the wreckage. The tower represents material ambition, while its ruined crown represents materialistic-centered thinking. The lightning is pure spiritual insight destroying this mindset in an instant. The hebrew Yods in the air around the Tower represent the life-force.

The Tower indicates a major overturning in one's life or beliefs. Expect emotional upheaval, and distressing events, but be assured that what is important will be preserved. The lies created by ambition, desire, and the ego will be laid bare leaving a solid foundation of Truth on which to rebuild. Cling to the belief that everything will be all right, because it will.

Last edited by Nightblue; December 27th, 2009 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there guys!

Wow, I actually rather like this topic! Hurray for no forced sci-fi, haha.

I took the liberty of signing myself up for The Hermit and the Seven of Wands, these two in particular caught my eye as I was browsing through the card descriptions.

Thought maybe it'd be useful if I posted the descriptions from one of the sites provided:

The Hermit:
    A robed man or monk carrying a lantern. A barren landscape.

After a long and busy lifetime, building, creating, loving, hating, fighting, compromising, failing, succeeding, the Fool feels a profound need to retreat. In a small, rustic home deep in the woods, he hides, reading, cleaning, organizing, resting or just thinking. But every night at dusk he heads out, traveling across the bare, autumnal landscape. He carries only a staff and a lantern.
    It is during these restless walks from dusk till dawn, peering at and examining whatever takes his fancy, that he sees and realizes things he's missed, about himself and the world. It is as if the secret corners in his head were being slowly illuminated; corners he never knew existed. In a way, he has become the Fool again; as in the beginning, he goes wherever inspiration leads him. But as the Fool, his staff rested on his shoulder, carrying unseen his pack. The Fool was like the pack, whatever it was he could be was wrapped up, unknown. The Hermit's staff leans out before him, not behind. And it carries a lantern, not a pack. The Hermit is like the lantern, illuminated from within by all he is.

Represented by Virgo, the Hermit is a card of introspection, analysis and, well, virginity. This is not a time for socializing; the card indicates, instead, a desire for peace and solitude. Nor is it a time for action, discussion or decisions. It is a time to think, organize, ruminate, and take stock. There may be feelings of frustration and discontent during this time of withdrawal. But such times lead to enlightenment, illumination, clarity.
    In regards to people, the Hermit represents a wise, inspirational person, friend, teacher, therapist, someone the Querent usually sees alone, someone the rest of the Querent's friends and family may not know about. This a person who can shine a light on things that were previously mysterious and confusing. They will help the Querent find what it is they are seeking.
    One of the important things about this card is that the Hermit is always shown on the move. He's never locked away in his reclusive cell, he's always out wandering, searching. The Hermit is the restless mind of the Virgo, always gathering information, analyzing, making connections. Virgos are skeptics, and if anyone is going to stick a lantern into a dark place and take a good look at what's going on, it is a Virgo.
    The Hermit is a card of connections and enlightenment.

Seven of Wands:

A man defends himself with one wand against 6 others. This is the "under siege" card. The stakes are high, and suddenly, the Querent is under attack; often when they're tired or vulnerable. This is when others look at what you've done and get jealous or greedy. The Querent is being criticized, maybe someone is trying to take over his project. He's on the defensive. How can he take back control? The card urges the Querent to stand his ground. Don't give up, don't surrender. If you do, your enemies will take control and show you no mercy. Fear not, success is near to hand.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LancerMoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, and hello Nightblue! Nice to meet you!
    And wow, those faces are really interesting... animal faces? hahaha.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Lancer The Tarot theme is looking to be a lot of fun, that's for sure! I need to look up the description for my cards later, as I'm not very familiar with Minor Arcana.

As we might end up doing different suits etc, I'm thinking finding a preferred style might be the thing that tie our team together. Not saying we all have to conform to the same style, but having a common inspiration might be the way to go. An exterior nudge for us to try a style slightly outside of our comfort zone may be fun too. What do you guys think?

Off to help bf's family with dinner and will be back later What time zone are you in, Lancer?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in California, so PST.
    Fluorine told me that you guys use MSN for planning and such, if you'd like to add me, I'm lancermoo25@yahoo.com

Oh, of course! A combined style or theme would probably be helpful, so we're not all over the place or anything.

For me, I think my tastes are kind of a little bit of everything. My dislikes usually have to do more with subject matter than with style, so I'm alright with pretty much anything.
    Generally, I tend to like working with softer, more muted color schemes. I also really admire work that makes good use of strong silhouettes and interesting lighting.
    My favorite thing to draw tends to be trees, closely followed by monsters and beasties of all kinds. I like drawing intricate patterns/runes/stitching/tattoos/whatever, as long as I don't have to worry about symmetry too much... haha.
    Thematically, I tend to lean more towards "fantasy", but not necessarily "high fantasy", if that makes any sense...

If there's one thing I tend to suck at, it's machines and robots and stuff... but I'm willing to try if that's what the group decides on.

So... here's a few random images I quickly threw together, just to help illustrate my rambling up there a little bit. (I've never done something like this before, hope I'm not doing it wrong)

Attached Images Attached Images  

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LancerMoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry guys, I'm late~

I just picked the Magician and Queen of Cups for our team.

The briefing doesn't really have specific requirements as for style or time period or whatever, so I guess we might as well do something that's different from traditional Tarot cards. The first thing I can think of is either do a modern/urban theme, or a culture theme, such as oriental (I know... I know... we did oriental inspired theme last Team Chow...), middle east, egyptian (since Tarot card is originated from ancient Egypt), Greek (the problem with greek is the costume, there's really not that much variety), Japanese (that'd be fun), Russian, Native American...

Anything but Celtic, we have enough Celtic tarot cards.

It's holiday season so we're all pretty busy with all those parties and family functions, so I think we might need to set up a "meeting time" or something, so we can get together and talk~

26. The Following User Says Thank You to fluorine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm at my parent's house without my regular work computer and reference stash, so here are some random images from the intertubes for starters: Brom's dark and beautiful art style, and thrones from different cultures.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice references Nightblue, Brom's work is really awesome... At first I was wondering why you posted thrones, and then I remembered our group has both a king and queen to illustrate. ^^;

Someone else posted this in the main thread, but I've been meaning to post it here too. I really like how she handled her tarot card illustrations - you guys might find it useful, even if it's not the style we're going for:
    http://puimun.deviantart.com/gallery/#Tarot-Series

Anyway, I thought I'd post the descriptions for the rest of our cards, just so we have them readily accessible. I think I'd keep in mind that these descriptions are more like guidelines rather than strict rules. A starting point, if you will. I don't think we should feel the need to conform too strictly to the description, as long as the major idea/theme behind it is still there.
    I edited the two major arcana a little bit for brevity's sake, some of them can get pretty long. @_@

Major:
    The Magician:

Red & White coloring, the lemniscate (infinity symbol), a small wand, a table displaying a chalice, a pentacle, a staff (wand) and a sword.

Skillful, self-confident, a powerful magus with the infinite as a halo floating above his head, the Magician mesmerizes the Fool. Raising his wand to heaven, pointing his finger to Earth, the Magician calls on all powers; magically, the cloth of the pack unfolds upon the table, revealing its contents. And to the Fool's eyes it is as if the Magician has created the future with a word. All the possibilities are laid out, all the directions he can take. The cool, airy Sword of intellect and communication, the fiery Wand of spirituality and ambition, the overflowing Chalice of Love and emotions, the solid Pentacle of work, possessions and body. With these tools, the Fool can create anything, make anything of his life. But here's the question, did the Magician create the tools, or were they already in the pack? Only the Magician knows - and on this mystery, our eloquent mage refuses to say a word.

The Magician is the male power of creation, creation by willpower and desire. In that ancient sense, it is the ability to make things just-so by speaking them aloud ("And God said 'Let there be Light!' and there was Light"). Reflecting this is the fact that the Magician is represented by Mercury. He represents the gift of tongues, a smooth talker, a salesman. Also clever with the sleight of hand and a medicine man - either a real doctor or someone trying to sell you snake oil. The 4 suits laid out before him remind us of the 4 aces, which in the Tarot symbolize the raw, undeveloped, undirected power of each suit. When the Magician appears, he reveals these to you.

If any card in the Tarot is the Tarot, it is the Magician. If the reader believes the Magician stands for the Querent, then the Querent either is, or is currently finding himself eloquent and charismatic at this time. Both verbally and in writing, he is clever, witty, inventive and persuasive. People listen and agree with him. It's important to remember that the Magician can as easily be clever as skillful, a trickster as well as a magician. This is someone with a magnetic personality, someone who can convince people of almost anything. For better or worse, his words are magic.

Most importantly, the Magician card stands for the "reveal" - as in a magic trick. The handkerchief is draped over an empty box, the Magician waves his wand, *presto!*--now there is a dove in the box. The Magician card does the same for the Querent--only what it reveals is not birds or rabbits but NEW ideas. Emphasis on NEW. When the Magician card appears, the Querent is likely to say: "Now there's an idea! Why didn't I think of that before?" Truth is, the Querent had that idea in his head all along. The Magician merely revealed it to him. But what will the Querent do with this idea?

The Tower:

A tower on a rocky outcrop, a powerful bolt of lightning, one or two figures falling from the tower, sometimes waves crashing below.

Inside the Tower, at the top, arrogant men still live, convinced of their rightness. Seeing the Tower, the Fool feels as if lightning has just flashed across his mind; he thought he'd left that old self behind when he started on this spiritual journey. But he realizes now that he hasn't. He's been seeing himself, like the Tower, like the men inside, as alone and singular and superior, when in fact, he is no such thing. And to his astonishment and terror, a bolt of actual lightning slashes down from the heavens, striking the Tower and sending its residents leaping out into the waters below.
    In a moment, it is over. The Tower is rubble, only rocks remaining. Stunned and shaken to the core, the Fool experiences grief, profound fear and disbelief. But also, a strange clarity of vision, as if his inner eye has finally opened.

With Mars as its ruling planet, the Tower is a card about war, a war between the structures of lies and the lightning flash of truth. The Tower stands for "false concepts and institutions that we take for real." When the Querent gets this card, they can expect to be shaken up, to be blinded by a shocking revelation. It sometimes takes that to see a truth that one refuses to see. Or to bring down beliefs that are so well constructed. What's most important to remember is that the tearing down of this structure, however painful, makes room for something new to be built.

No card scares a Tarot reader like the Tower. It is however one of the clearest cards when it comes to meaning. False structures, false institutions, false beliefs are going to come tumbling down, suddenly, violently and all at once.
    They're about to get a very rude awakening. Shaken up, torn down, blown asunder. And all a reader can really do to soften the blow is assure the Querent that it is for the best. Nothing built on a lie, on falsehoods, can remain standing for long. Better to tear it all down and rebuild on the truth. It is not going to be pleasant or painless or easy, but it will be for the best.

Minor:

Queen of Cups:

Often a healer, counselor or psychic, this is a woman who seems to know what's wrong even before you open your mouth. Call her the emotional fix-it woman, but she seems to have exactly the right solution to problems relating to home, friends, love. Sometimes she is shy, self-effacing, you might not even notice her; other times she can be a little scary, dreamy, mysterious, a creative storyteller. Affectionate and loving, she is a "mom's mom" always there to hug, heal and bake cookies for her children. Her intuition is uncanny, her temper...well, it runs very deep and you don't ever want it turned against you. Talk about scary. Unfortunately, this is also a queen who can suffer from female hormonal problems, depression, moodiness, alcoholism, drug addiction, psychological problems.

King of Wands:

Call him "The Preacher." His dream kingdom is a philosophy. He fills a room when he walks in, expansive, full of energy, charisma, fun. You know this man; he's the motivational speaker, the charismatic church leader, the warm politician, the bullying coach who turns losers into winners. He loves danger, adventure, challenges. A great innovator, he can turn a company around, with employees working overtime to please him. This is Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Henry V. He always has to lead the charge. He hasn't friends so much as worshippers; people either love him or hate him, and the same goes for his family. Not that he doesn't love his family; he fell in love with his wife at first sight and wooed her till she loved him back; and he's great with kids. No dad was ever so inventive or fun. But he fully expects his family to come with him, wherever he goes - like an impromptu African Safari - support whatever he does. If they don't, his other side can come to the surface, one that is jealous, impatient, tyrannical. It is not surprising that sometimes his wife or children will rebel against him.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LancerMoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks so much for the card research! The descriptions I found are slightly different (see the thread above where I claimed the cards). I guess that's an invitation to be free. I'll look into more versions and find the pivotal point and try to narrow in what I'd like my two cards to represent.

I researched thrones because Tarot seems to be organized around the orders of a kingdom or several kingdoms (emperors, kings, queens, their guards...) Also, the decorative nature of thrones allows for a different angle to dig into costume design. More culture research to come tomorrow!

off-topic... Just saw Avatar. Cheesy story but the lines are mostly better than I expected, and the visuals are frigging... frigging... amazing. Holy cow.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I find this link, you guys might want to check out for some reference.

http://www.78tarotcards.com/ancient-egyptian-tarot/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Photos that are rich in personality:

http://www.faheykleingallery.com/fea...l/laita_01.htm

I would very much like for our characters to feel real, with real attitudes etc, no matter which genre we are going for

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Memo:

Nightblue and I had a light discussion about the theme today. Since Tarot is such a over done theme (meaning everything you can ever think of, someone has done it already). Might as well go for themes we would enjoy painting, instead of going for the "shock factor".

We're thinking something on the line of high decretive Steam punk, Goth or Heavy Metal. Either can go dark, and with crazy decorations.

Another theme we discuss is combine mythical creatures/Characters with the card. Although it might be an (unnecessary) hassle trying to find the correspondent mythical creature/god/goddess/hero.... that fitting of the tarot meaning.

We also discuss the post apocalyptic urban mix. Good thing about post apocalyptic style is that we can mix anything with everything, we can go high tech or low tech, and we can go mutant for interesting character design, and we can have dark or light theme.

Regardless of the style, Nightblue mentioned and I totally agree that the biggest thing for this project is to create characters with realistic, complex, strong or subtle attitude with depth, rather than just look generically nice or angry. We want to have a character that looks as if he/she has an interesting story to tell.

That's about what we discussed today~

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fluorine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    (First off, sorry for missing the conversation... I went to sleep without logging out, my bad. @_@)

Alright, so from what I can gather, we've narrowed the theme down to gothic/steampunk/mythology, right?
    I'm alright with any of those, really. I just want something that will possibly let me stick a monster in there if I so choose. ;D

The mythology might be hard to do correctly, and would probably require more research, but I actually think it might be really cool if we manage to pull it off without making it too obvious or cheesy or anything. Plus I'm always better at more fantasy-themed stuff, so that's a bonus for me. ;D
    If we decide on this theme, the link below might be helpful... it's a pain to navigate through, and a lot of the articles are redundant or only have a sentance or two written, but it does have a pretty big list of legends from all different cultures.
    http://www.pantheon.org/

Another approach we could take, is instead of taking a god or hero, we could take monsters and/or creatures (from sites like www.obakemono.com or http://www.monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Main_Page) and turn them into human-like characters? I mean, I personally like doing stuff like that, but maybe it might get too complicated, obscure or weird for this brief. Just an idea that crossed my mind... or maybe we could combine the two in some way? Monsters/gods/legends/heroes?

Gothic and/or steampunk (gothic steampunk? XD) is ok with me too. It sounds like you two might be more comfortable with something like that? I've never done steampunk, but CHOW is all about trying new stuff, right?
    I quickly googled some trinkets and such, it doesn't seem like it'd be too hard as long as I have something to work from.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LancerMoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Mythical idea is just something I throw out there for fun, but looks like we can really do something cool with it. For something as symbolic as Tarot you can't never have "too much" research. Like Lancer said, if we can pull it off without making it too obscure or too cheesy, we might end up with something really interesting. Personally, I like the painting with a lot of little stuff I can look into.

The Hero or gods or monsters we're illustrating don't need to be recognizable, but it might offer a good starting point for creating a character with strong personality. I personally think making the classical monster more "characterized" would be a good idea. For example, Pan can mean freedom, lust, playful ... If I was to do Lover, I might use Pan instead of a person. Gorgon can represent vanity, rage, self distraction, that's actually pretty close to Tower...

As for style, i actually think Michael Parkes' style might fit. Although... He's probably more on the cheesy side... especially since he has been painting like that for at least 30 something years...

Here's a link of his works

http://www.theworldofmichaelparkes.c...type=Paintings

---

As for Steam punk and Goth, both of them can go crazy decorative, and go dark; both of them are victorian based, so shouldn't be that hard. I remember Nightblue wants to do some decorative frames for last team chow, we didn't have time to do it, but we can definitely try it out this time, and it's more fitting with the Tarot theme.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to fluorine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guys, I can't reach you from MSN, so figure I'll post it here. I got a PM from Beelow this morning requesting to join our little team. You can find his works here

http://brycesmithconcepts.blogspot.com/

He also has a rather impressive sketch book here:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=76562

Personally, I think he'll make a great addition to our team. But I also understand we're already in the stage of brainstorming, and we intent to keep the team small for better management. So let me know what you think. I tell him I'll get back at him today, and meanwhile he's free to ask other team.

Happy Holidays guys~~~ The new year is almost here.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fluorine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I vote yes Beelow has sweet stuff with lots of motion, and I think we can use the dash of energy.

Sorry for not being on much in the last couple of days. My bf got a bad case of food poisoning and is just now getting better, and my mom comes back from China tomorrow so I'm trying to get everything all nice for her. If I miss any major discussions, I'll be cool with any theme we choose to go with My preference is "no tribal" and "maybe not asian," but even if we did go with one of those two I'll still be able to find plenty of new ways to interpret the theme.

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nightblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, we have a new member: Beelow!

2010 is here, guess we better get started~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey team I am here. I look foward to working with you all. Let me do some reading to catch up to speed to see what is going on. Be back in a few.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Beelow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone, I think I am about up to speed on what is going on. Here are the 2 I picked. I am really interested in doing the Judgement one. Should be interesting. I will go along with anything that you all want to do. I second on the anything fantasy, it comes easiest to me. I am willing to take another stab at steampunk again. Whatever you guys are willing to do I am down for. Thanks again for allowing me to work with Milk of Amnesia.

Queen of Pentacles

This is the practical, down-to-earth woman. An enthusiastic outdoors woman, she's always encouraging friends and family to exercise. She also owns her own successful business. Her accounting is scrupulous, but that doesn't mean she's afraid to spend. She loves beautiful things and has an artist's eye. Her home is impeccably decorated with paintings, furniture, and trinkets. Her garden is also beautifully maintained. Tasteful is the perfect word for her; likewise in her dress, jewelry and make-up. As in work, nothing less than giving her all to her family will do for the Queen of Pentacles. She wants them to have the best so they can succeed. But this can put a lot of pressure on them. The queen does not understand that buying a child a Steinway piano will not make them Beethoven; also, this Queen's pragmatism, her dislike of anything strange or distasteful, may exclude anything unique or imaginative - solutions as well as people. Her children or partner feel that they can't be themselves and still be loved.

Basic Tarot Story

As the Fool leaves the garden of the Sun, he feels that he is near the end of his journey, ready to take a final step. But something is keeping him from doing this, holding him back. He gazes up, hoping to find guidance from the Sun; instead he sees above him a fiery angel, beautiful and terrible.

"You are right," the Angelic figure confirms, "you have only one last step on your journey, one final step to completion. But you cannot take that step until you lay your past to rest." The Fool is perturbed. "Lay it to rest? I thought I'd left it behind, all of it," he says. "There is no way to do that," The Angel observes. "Each step wears down the shoe just a bit, and so shapes the next step you take, and the next and the next. Your past is always under your feet. You cannot hide from it, run from it, or rid yourself of it. But you can call it up, and come to terms with it. Are you willing to do that?"

The Angel hands the Fool a small trumpet. The Fool is hesitant, but he knows that this is a final decision. Either to go forward, or stay where he is. He blows, and the trumpet's song echoes across the sky, its vibrations seeming to crack open the Earth. From under the Fool's feet, memories rise. Images of his innocent youth, challenges, loves, failures, losses, success, disillusionment and wisdom.

For the first time, he does not try to leave them, ignore or forget them, but accepts them. They are, he sees, nothing to fear. They happened, but they are gone now. He, alone, carries them into the present. With that understanding, the memories vanish. Though they remain in his mind, they no longer have any power over him. He is free of them, reborn, and wholly in the present.

Basic Tarot Meaning

With Fire as its ruling element (or Pluto as its ruling planet), Judgement is about rebirth, resurrection. The idea of Judgement day is that the dead rise, their sins are forgiven, and they move onto heaven. The Judgement card is similar, it asks for the resurrection to summon the past, forgive it, and let it go. There are wounds from the past that we never let heal, sins we've committed that we refuse to forgive, bad habits we haven't the courage to lose. Judgement advises us to finally face these, recognize that the past is past, and put them to rest, absolutely and irrevocably. This is also a card of healing, quite literally from an accident or illness, as well as a card signaling great transformation, renewal, change.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beelow For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.