Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Team Chow III: Milk of Amnesia

Thanks

Team Chow III: Milk of Amnesia

I figure it's time to start a team sketch book.

Milk of Amnesia currently has 4 member:

Beelow

Fluorine

LancerMoo

Nightblue
    Last edited by fluorine; January 1st, 2010 at 12:47 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Damn looking forward to your work ppl!
    -PJ
    Keep the child alive...
    Dare to Believe Sb
    Website
    Blog
    Class 1 and 2

4. The Following User Says Thank You to comixnut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Good luck, Grace and Faye! I know you girls will create something wonderful yet again!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Moai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi hi omg a team sketch book! This'll be so much fun!

I'm popping back into my vacation now, frozen frigid in China Looking forward to this when I come back!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Just posting to say hi, I'm looking forward to working with both of you!

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu!
    Thanks
    Hey I am looking for a team. Are you interested, because I really am. Give me a quick pm just so that I know if I have to keep on looking.
    I think I can contribute, and learn a lot.
    Cheers

PS: Links to my work in my signature, check out my sketchbook, the newest stuff is there.

Thanks
    I am back! Welcome Lancer! Sweet stuff, can't wait to work with you.
    I might start doing some warm up character sketches if I don't get too distracted by the many Asian games I bought Maybe at least I'll do some gesture drawing. It's been a while since I last did characters.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    welcome back~~~ Finally~~~ we're all together. Can't wait for them to announce the topic.

Thanks
    saw an interesting blog today and here are some facial studies (with animal-like feature) from the middle ages, or something:

has nothing directly to do with team chow, but I thought you guys might find it interesting also

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nightblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The faces are awesome!!! Once again, proved my point, nothing is original~~~ haha.

Thanks
    Main thread is up: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=177363

Quote Originally Posted by daestwen View Post

TEAM CHOW III :: TAROT
    DESCRIPTION

Hello boys and girls! Once again, we saved something special for team chow. This is a liiittle different then what we usually have going on, so please pay close attention!

This month, Team Chow will be attempting to create it's very own Tarot Deck! For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a deck of cards very similar to the usual 4 suited deck, but with 22 extra cards called the 'major arcana'. The four suits are also different : Swords, Cups, Wands, and Pentacles/Coins. In the following post there will be a list of all the cards.

For those of you who don't know much about it, please allow me to send you to a couple of sites to read up on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot
    http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/

Though often used as a form of divination, we'll be approaching it from a strictly design perspective. Each card is meant to tell a very particular tale (though this tale often depends on the reader) and has many symbols and meanings attached to it. The goal will be to do each card as a character-based (this is still chow) illustration to illuminate the meaning of the card. However, the specific meaning and the symbols will be up to you. We will, however, be following mostly to the Rider-Waite deck, with the exception that we will be using Princess instead of Page.

If you have any more questions about the above, please feel free to ask.

And here are the Rules ::

1. Your team will choose TWO CARDS per person to illustrate. So, a 2 person team needs 4, a 4 person team 8, etc. This is the minimum requirement, you may choose more.
    2. You may only take major arcana for half your cards, please choose Lesser Arcana (The Suits) for at least half. Bonus points for those who do mostly Lesser Arcana!
    3. You will post your choices in this thread. I will allow 4 teams per card. First come, first serve. If we get all the cards covered by at least four teams each, I will then be open to letting you pick cards that are already full. We want to make sure to get a full deck!
    4. Please make sure that your files can be sized down to 9 cm by 15.5 cm (or 3.543 x 6.1 inches) at 300 dpi. I'm exploring the option of seeing if we can get it printed, so please make sure your work is print-quality, or please write "OPT OUT OF PRINT" when you submit your work so I know you're not interested in having your cards printed as part of your deck.
    5. PLEASE DO NOT START DRAWING UNTIL JANUARY FIRST! Right now is the time to get everyone's cards assigned and start brainstorming, but please don't start drawing as it's unfair for the other teams.
    6. That's it, Have Fun!

Thanks, and Good Luck!

Thanks
    Please go to the thread linked above and pick your characters. Please keep in mind that we need to have at least 50% of our cards be Lesser Arcana (The suits.)

I staked out for myself XVI - the Tower and King of the Wands. I'm open for trading if any of you would like to do one of these instead Have fun!

King of the Wands

Lions and salamanders (symbols of Fire) adorn the pillar behind the King of Wands. Like the Page of Wands and the Knight of Wands, his robes bear the sign of the salamander, and a live salamander waits at his feet. His bearing is one of authority.

This card represents self-assertion and ambition. The King of Wands focuses on finance and business - particularly the aspects of planning and construction. Your strength lies in your leadership abilities. Be confident and self-reliant and direct your efforts in areas where your strength can bear fruit.

As with all Court cards, it is also possible for a King to represent a person. The astrological sign for the King of Wands is Aires. A mature man who is noble and generous, yet hasty and passionate, maybe indicated. Other adjectives to describe this person might be: optimistic, capable, idealistic, hot-tempered, impatient, daring, and energetic. This King may represent the vocations of: real estate, building construction, planning or any leadership position.

The Tower

A tower is struck by a bolt of lightning and bursts into flame. Two figures fall from the wreckage. The tower represents material ambition, while its ruined crown represents materialistic-centered thinking. The lightning is pure spiritual insight destroying this mindset in an instant. The hebrew Yods in the air around the Tower represent the life-force.

The Tower indicates a major overturning in one's life or beliefs. Expect emotional upheaval, and distressing events, but be assured that what is important will be preserved. The lies created by ambition, desire, and the ego will be laid bare leaving a solid foundation of Truth on which to rebuild. Cling to the belief that everything will be all right, because it will.
    Last edited by Nightblue; December 27th, 2009 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks
    Hey there guys!

Wow, I actually rather like this topic! Hurray for no forced sci-fi, haha.

I took the liberty of signing myself up for The Hermit and the Seven of Wands, these two in particular caught my eye as I was browsing through the card descriptions.

Thought maybe it'd be useful if I posted the descriptions from one of the sites provided:

The Hermit:
    A robed man or monk carrying a lantern. A barren landscape.

After a long and busy lifetime, building, creating, loving, hating, fighting, compromising, failing, succeeding, the Fool feels a profound need to retreat. In a small, rustic home deep in the woods, he hides, reading, cleaning, organizing, resting or just thinking. But every night at dusk he heads out, traveling across the bare, autumnal landscape. He carries only a staff and a lantern.
    It is during these restless walks from dusk till dawn, peering at and examining whatever takes his fancy, that he sees and realizes things he's missed, about himself and the world. It is as if the secret corners in his head were being slowly illuminated; corners he never knew existed. In a way, he has become the Fool again; as in the beginning, he goes wherever inspiration leads him. But as the Fool, his staff rested on his shoulder, carrying unseen his pack. The Fool was like the pack, whatever it was he could be was wrapped up, unknown. The Hermit's staff leans out before him, not behind. And it carries a lantern, not a pack. The Hermit is like the lantern, illuminated from within by all he is.

Represented by Virgo, the Hermit is a card of introspection, analysis and, well, virginity. This is not a time for socializing; the card indicates, instead, a desire for peace and solitude. Nor is it a time for action, discussion or decisions. It is a time to think, organize, ruminate, and take stock. There may be feelings of frustration and discontent during this time of withdrawal. But such times lead to enlightenment, illumination, clarity.
    In regards to people, the Hermit represents a wise, inspirational person, friend, teacher, therapist, someone the Querent usually sees alone, someone the rest of the Querent's friends and family may not know about. This a person who can shine a light on things that were previously mysterious and confusing. They will help the Querent find what it is they are seeking.
    One of the important things about this card is that the Hermit is always shown on the move. He's never locked away in his reclusive cell, he's always out wandering, searching. The Hermit is the restless mind of the Virgo, always gathering information, analyzing, making connections. Virgos are skeptics, and if anyone is going to stick a lantern into a dark place and take a good look at what's going on, it is a Virgo.
    The Hermit is a card of connections and enlightenment.

Seven of Wands:

A man defends himself with one wand against 6 others. This is the "under siege" card. The stakes are high, and suddenly, the Querent is under attack; often when they're tired or vulnerable. This is when others look at what you've done and get jealous or greedy. The Querent is being criticized, maybe someone is trying to take over his project. He's on the defensive. How can he take back control? The card urges the Querent to stand his ground. Don't give up, don't surrender. If you do, your enemies will take control and show you no mercy. Fear not, success is near to hand.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LancerMoo For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast