Art: New speedskater champion
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face New speedskater champion

Hi there! This is my first thread... and my first day on ConceptArt. I'm an artist on DeviantArt but as I don't recieve comments on my work there, a friend told me to come here... So here I am! :p

I'm still learning how to use that website but for now, it looks great! ^^

I'm mostly on to recieve feedback on my art because I'm trying to increase my skills to eventually be able to have a job as an illustrator or something like that.

So you would be great to give me comments helping me to learn as I'm learning by myself...

Thanks a lot!!!

So, about this first picture, it's a drawing I did for my friend, Francois Hamelin, who's a speedskater. This was a gift to congratulate because he's now on the Canadian's short track team!

I used simply pencils for that one.

Thanks for the comments!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by CaroRichard; December 9th, 2009 at 08:35 AM. Reason: picture too big
    http://carorichard.deviantart.com

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, I'm a french canadian who's still learning...

»»»If you're not worth a good laugh, you're not worth much«««
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CaroRichard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great, good to see some traditional works

PenDiablo is offline Creativity takes courage. Level 3 Gladiator: Catervarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its good as far as teaching yourself check out www.myamericanartist.com adn coocle creativespotlight. You should get some good tips there and some great links too. Im also selftought so good luck.. just press on through the faliures and you'll get it =)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PenDiablo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I will try to do more. I usually begin my pictures traditionnal way then work on them on my PC but... eh... pencil and paper... nothing will take the place of this...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I changed the size of my picture... easier to see it completely this way

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice! It's definitely nice to see a finish pencil drawing though it has an almost charcoal look to it. It’s wonderfully rendered and there’s a great sense of movement.

In regards to critique, I don't really know there's much I can offer; I think the only bit which jumped out at me a bit was his left hand (aka the one on the ground)- it looks a little odd but that could be the gloves (or just me)- I assume you've copied this from a photo?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Votre dessin est bon, mais je pense que son bras droit a besoin de revoir

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Primordial Seven View Post
    Very nice! It's definitely nice to see a finish pencil drawing though it has an almost charcoal look to it. It’s wonderfully rendered and there’s a great sense of movement.

In regards to critique, I don't really know there's much I can offer; I think the only bit which jumped out at me a bit was his left hand (aka the one on the ground)- it looks a little odd but that could be the gloves (or just me)- I assume you've copied this from a photo?
    Thanks for your comment! Yes, I used a picture my friend (the one on the drawing) gave me. This picture was a gift for him to congratulate him for his selection in the short track canadian team. And about the hand, yes, this look is created by the gloves. You see, each skater add porcelain tips to his left hand to allow a better glide on the ice. Also, those gloves are full of protecting pads... That's why they look like it. But don't worry, it's really comfortable... You can also go see my other picture about another speedskater in my albums or there http://carorichard.deviantart.com/ar...elin-110256562

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.