Thread: Zelda: 4 Swords

Thanks

Zelda: 4 Swords

I don't know if anyone here has had the pleasure of ever playing a full 4 way 'battle' on the GBA version of 4 Swords.

But it has to be one of the most unique gameplay experiences I've ever had ... It's so strange how you compete with all your friends at the same time you have to help eachother and cooperate to advance thru some amazing level design. It's fun when dozens of rupies pop up and you grab one of the other Links and hold him over your head and take all the rupies for yourself, and then throw him into a pit : ) the whole game is great like that, and always ends up like "Ok, Ok..STOP... lets settle down and do this puzzle!!"

The GBA system had an interesting layout of levels with blocked off areas that would randomize, making for a new dungion everytime.. but since the levels had a basic layout with tiny random areas the designs always had great pacing and were very interesting ... another thing too is that it would take into account your skill level from 'Link to the Past' (on the same cartrage) ... so if you were playing with a friend who'd completed the game the '4 swords' part would be more challenging... pluss you'd have the master sword and other things in it too.

The bosses are very creative ... Involving 'weak spots' corrosponding to the other player's character colors.. so you'd have to yell out "Hey Dude, Hit the bottom right!!" and get your friends to tell you what spots their screens told you to hit.
    Also some bosses involved getting everyone to distract it while one person would pull/tug on the 'weak area'...

I'm looking forward to the new Gamecube one, and I hope it has some interesting ideas on par with the GBA one.... I did see a video of one boss-fight where the boss turns into a Link that matches one of the players colors, and then replicates himself into dozens of Links... so everyone's running around smacking random Links and you cant tell if your wacking away at 'Player 2' nor can 'Player 2' recognize what Link he is

Here's some very cool screenshots of it in action. I hope it's good 'cause the GBA version did things that I've NEVER seen other games do (and I play a lot of games)
    http://media.cube.ign.com/media/566/566919/imgs_5.html

http://cube.ign.com/articles/475/475636p1.html
    Last edited by Sammy; January 30th, 2004 at 03:04 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hmmmm, not sure.

This might have to be the first Zelda game ever that I skip.
    Although some of your descriptions do sound kind of fun Sammy. I'll have to rent it first.

Thanks
    I think the game is gonna be free when it comes out, probobly come bundled with the cube, or send Nintendo your serial #'s and you get one in the mail (like the colectors Zelda disk)

I wouldn't say you're skiping a Zelda game, it's really nothing like zelda... but it's not like any game I've played...

fortunately for me I live in a big gaming community and we have lots of access to a 4 way 'battle' ... it will take some effort to get goin' ... considering you have to hook up the GBA's.

heh. so I guess I'll have to tell you guys how it goes ...

That's what sux about gaming in general these days, so so many great productions slip away with no attention payed.

Thanks
    Hi, im new here but since i dont draw anything(when was younger i had that possibility, but the computers mainly took me off that path) but i do play games sometimes, and this one looks very interesting, the only problem, not everyone who as a Cube as a GBA..........