Gunblade Warrior

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Gunblade Warrior

Hey there, ConceptArtists! I've been a lurker for quite some time and have just finally gotten the courage to make my first post. Wonder of all wonders it's just a sketch I want to get some feedback on before I go any further with it.

A friend of mine approached me the other day and put in a request that I draw a gunblade for him. In turn the idea for this drawing popped right into my head. It's really, really rough right now but I was curious if there any comments or critiques you all had before I continued on.

Much thanks in advance!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome. This community sure is getting big... like 2.5 mil big .

Right now your anatomy is questionable, and I'd suggest you try to reference that as well as supplement references with studies to better your understanding of the human body. Always good to learn! Pay particular attention to how muscles connect as well as the individual shapes of muscles.

He doesn't seem to be behind the barricade that's receiving bullets. That's where I'd personally hide in a gun battle, and it almost looks like that was your intention but then you got down to the lower body and now he's in front of it, from our point of view. Easy target, no?

"She took the ice cube trays out of the freezer. What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    LOOK AT MY DEVIANT ART PAGE!
    LOOK AT MY FINALLY FINISHED PAGE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well good start ....now I suggest you start over if this is going to be a painting. You are on the first phase I assume of the project and it would be easier just to restart than continue and attempt to correct on top of this.

Here is my advice:
    - I agree on the anatomy issues and use references....Lots of references.
    - To me it actually looks like your character has pulled away from the barrier on his back leg as if he rotated into his new position. Either that or that left leg is broken ( teasing). I would either put more dynamic action narrating him leaving the barrier and getting into position or just put him back behind the barrier.
    - Draw out some thumb poses to get the image and perspective you want. Then gather up your refs and get working.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Liquidjack- I had thoughts of making it a painting, but once I got started it started to look more and more like a cartoon, so I figured I'd give it a comic book style, with a lineart and simple shading. Even if those are two things I'm not the best at.

Both - I'll play with the background, barricades and poses. Also touch up on the anatomy, I'll admit I've a bad habit of just winging anatomy and not really bothering to check it later. It's a habit I really need to fix.

Thanks for the responses! I'll make some changes when I get home and post up the edited (or completely new) drawing in this thread.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.