Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Euthyphro's Fresh Start

Thanks

Euthyphro's Fresh Start

Hello CA. It's been a long while, much to long, since my last sketchbook and it is time for a fresh start. I seem to suffer from coming and going here. My first round lasted about a month, before a six month hiatus, and the second run was for a solid 4 months before a year and a half or so. So if the pattern continues this should last for 16 months and hopefully that will be long enough to set the discipline in place. So to start here is a SP I did in blue colored pencil last night. I'll follow with sketchbook pages from the last month and half or two months of drawing.

The image quality is very poor because I am shooting them with a old cheap digital camera. I work at a print shop with a professional quality scanner but for the past four months I've been biking to work. In the future I'll try to take my book with me if you'll bear with me for the time.

Cheers
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Here are the sketchbook pages a variety of stuff mostly ref'd. Some are from Loomis, some from sites like gracefulnudes.com, a few master studies et al. I have been working on thinking and drawing form hopefully that shows. Also these aren't any any particular order other than the way the opened in photoshop. I'll be back in a bit to put up my lunchtime sketches but for now I need a break from the upload manager.

Cheers

Crits are welcome, requested, bribed for, and coerced. Thanks.
    "To say a work of art is good but incomphrensible to the majority of men, is the same as saying of some kind of food that it is very good but most people can't eat it." Leo Tolstoy
    Sketch Book - Old Book

Thanks
    Okay so these are sketches that I've drawn during my 30 minute lunch break at work (I do design work at a print shop). There probably isn't a drawing that I used the whole 30 minutes for thought because CA threads call to me at lunch These are mostly master studies done from sculpture usually from the online art gallery at http://www.wga.hu. The first two are from Imagination (where I really suffer) and a few foxes and bears because no thread is complete without foxes and bears.

Crits are encouraged, welcomed in, cared for, and raised to an age suitable to be released back into the wild.

Cheers
    "To say a work of art is good but incomphrensible to the majority of men, is the same as saying of some kind of food that it is very good but most people can't eat it." Leo Tolstoy
    Sketch Book - Old Book

Thanks
    Well its good that so few people have been in here since I still haven't biked my book to work to scan it. More bad photos. Self portrait from tonight, a Brague drawing WIP (about 4hours so far, just by sight, not sight-sized), and a pen sketch from lunch.

Crits are invited.
    Sketch Book - Old Book

Thanks
    Alright, here is the finish Brague with another 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours. The photo doesn't do it justice.

Cheers

EDIT: Quick study after Raphael's Putto carry the ring and feathers of the Medici - from Robert Beverly Hale Master Class in Figure Drawing. The Brague is on the same page and I think the contrast shows better in this shot. Contrast and what not touched up on Putto as the flash flooded out some of the subtlety. With Hale's book I've been trying to alternate reading a section one night between sketches and practicing the lesson the next night, read and repeat.
    Last edited by Euthyphro; December 10th, 2009 at 12:39 AM.
    Sketch Book - Old Book

Thanks
    Keep em comin! I need some kick in the a** and start to draw somethin on paper by myself-really nice baby face on the last one.

Thanks
    Glad your back mate! Keep pushing yourself!
    Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Wow you're making definitive improvements! I'm hopeful!

Thanks
    CUKIER Start a sketchbook and I'll give you a kick in the ass whenever you need it.

Memo It is all about work and perseverance. Start a book.

B-man Thanks man. Same to you.

A self portrait for the night. Maybe more later. . .
    Sketch Book - Old Book

Thanks
    Here are the last two days of lunch time sketching. Two master work self portraits. One is Courbet and the other is a Raphael something or other that I can't recall at the moment.

Cheers
    Sketch Book - Old Book

Thanks
    ur loomiss drawings are really cutee... draw more.. (:
    My Concept Sketchbook - My Profile - Don't care my grammar level.. Because i don't know anything about it..

Thanks
    north pole Thanks. I think there is more Loomis in my future

Here is a study after Michelangelo. More later.

Cheers
    Sketch Book - Old Book

Thanks
    Here is a self portrait from today. I think the best of them so far.

Cheers
    Sketch Book - Old Book

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast