Sketchbook: GoGoJoJo sketchbook - Page 22
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread: GoGoJoJo sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alizak-Thank you!
    Poetry man- Thanks! I drew the first one during my Japanese print history class. Shhh, don't tell anyone!
    Angel- Yay! I've already learned alot from the class
    vardoburrito- Hey Dwardo! Hope you're doing well. I've looked at your stuff on your website but post some pics here too! Clucking? You know, my former teacher has a chicken named Betsy, maybe you got us confused Hey, Chicken of the sea!

I meant to post a few weeks ago, but midterms happened. And then I got sick. So before I get back to finals, here are two of my favorite recent things, I promise that I won't take so long for my next post!

Finished cetacean
    Name:  cetacianMermaid_11 copy.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  151.9 KB

'nother lizard man, I like it better
    Name:  DSCN7669.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  482.4 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice update!! Mr fishman is looking great, the top half is loads more dynamic than the bottom though so it kinds of tales off (sorry no pun intended there haha) not sure what to suggest..maybe making the tail come towards the viewer quite a bit so it would take up most of the bottom half of the picture and be foreshortened that would help bring you into the picture. Looks pretty sweet though, as well as the lizard man.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Intheuk For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I like the feel of the cetacean as it does look as he's under water. Latest lizard man is a lot scarier.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the last post. The lizard man is very "Shadow Over Innsmouth" Only critique I can think to offer for the cetacean is to maybe enlarge the tail fin so it seems more viable as a way of propelling himself forward. Looking at the proportion of the tail fins of actual marine animals to their respective body size might help. Aside from that you've got some great design elements going on and a killer sketchbook. I've been inspired to continue posting in my own Keep it up!

>>Sketchbook<<

Blogger
    Tumblr

It's progress, NOT perfection.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey you're getting pretty good with light.
    Keep pushing the value range, things are looking promising.
    Keep rocking it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rotor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Angel- Yeah, I see what you mean and it's alright, I loooove puns.
    Black Spot-Yay! I'm glad that you think so!
    Ghast-Haha, That's the second time today that I've seen a reference to that story. I actually had someone tell me that it was creepier because it was in every day clothing.
    Rotor- Thanks!

Haha, my finals were like a comedy of errors. I got so little sleep I got sick! But I finished them, got the group projects and papers done, and I'm hoping this next term will be better for me and my art.

Here's my final in painting, it was derived from a photo collage I had to make. and when I get the finished animatic Ash and I did, I'll put it up.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting composition. I think the village could be a little less saturated as it takes the eye away from the main focus.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Black Spot- you think so too, huh? It kind of turned into two different paintings, I was just having too much fun with the colors on those buildings. If the buildings were on there own, would you think the colors were a good choice?

I did this SP last night, today I got to watch boats with my dad.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes they would work by themselves. You could always brighten the foreground so it wins.

With flesh like your SP you need to bring in greens, blues etc to lend it more variation. You're doing art not taking a photograph. Push those complimentary colours in there and push the values a bit more; the line where your hair falls at the nape is pretty dark usually and your pupils should be darker too as well as other places. As AngelintheUK already said - defocus for the values.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    gogo the cetecean is very good! And I do like the colours in the portrait, the blue seems to jump forward and the orange too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wowk, you're really going places! Very nice. With the painting I'd suggest that maybe you take out that grey round shape at the top: what makes the phone booths (?) stick out so much is their lack of color, don't draw the eye away from that focal point by making something else monochrome as well. I'm not entirely sure what else to put in that space instead, maybe leaving it blank (as in, blank wall) might work alright, but right now I feel like it draws too much attention to itself.

It's amazing to look at your progress, though. Makes me wish I had more time to draw besides animating

Check these out too:
    Rotor - GoGoJoJo

"Limited drawing skills are OK if they are offset by a fearless commitment to putting images on paper."

"I mean, What is a chair? It's an anti-gravity device." Glen Keane

"The difficult part is continuously realizing when you've stopped enjoying the process, and re-aligning yourself. It's kind of like meditation/being an art ninja..." ceddo

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Members who have read this thread: 1