Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself - The Hello Thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Introduce yourself - The Hello Thread

Welcome, new CA'ers.

This is a thread to say hello if you want, we're happy to welcome you to the forum.

We're currently working on getting the info threads up here as stickies to explain more on how this forum works and how to move around in here, but for now we got:

An introduction for showing your works in CA, how to upload, etc.

Where to start out finding information about becoming better, finding inspiration and our regular activities.

If you have made yourself a hello thread in this forum you might see that it's "moved" here, that means we've merged it into this thread, as we prefer to keep the hellos in one place. There tends be quite a few people joining at all times, so we'd soon be overrun by hello threads if everyone made them.

It might be a better idea to create an SB or go to the CC and WIP forum to show your work than posting it here, which you can find out how to do in that first link I posted, you'll probably not get any feedback of importance in this thread.

Hope you're enjoying your stay and finding lots of information and gorgeous art to feast your eyes on while you're here.

Last edited by Sorknes; December 12th, 2009 at 02:38 AM.
    "The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sorknes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello I'm very new here, I just joined last night in fact, I'll be looking out for that info

Thanks

“Almost everybody is an artist these days. Rock and roll singers are artists. So are movie directors, performance artists, make-up artists, tattoo artists, con artists, and rap artists…Madonna is an artist, because she explores her own sexuality. Snoop Doggy Dogg is an artist because he explores other people’s sexuality…Even consumers are artists when they express themselves in their selection of commodities. The only people left in America who seem not to be artists are illustrators.”

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome, welcome.

Start browsing the forum while you wait, there's lots of great art and tons of information to digest floating around.

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, I'm new here as well -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone, I just joined
    I'm Jack, I am 14, and I am an aspiring digital painter ;D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, i'm Tom and i'm obviously new here :p. I'm from Belgium, 19 years old and I study Graphics Design (Game Design is the end goal). I really hope I can learn a lot from you guys here ,which shouldn't be too hard since I'm relatively new at drawing (real drawing that is).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Greetings and I'm Winter Flurry. I just joined.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all. New here....going to look around, get my feet wet before I post anything. So much talent on this site....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, I am a first year student at Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design majoring in illustration. I came to conceptart.org for inspiration as well as to talk about and learn more about the area of concept art.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, I'm a Senior at Kendall College of Art and Design, majoring in Illustration with a minor in Graphic Design. I'm here at ConceptArt.org, to get inspiration and well needed feed back. I'm just getting into Digital Art and would love to make it as a Concept Artist what ever way I can. Thanks for having me, and I hope to get to talk to all of you more as time goes on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up Student: Environment Artist

My name is Chris as it shows, and im graduating from the Art Institute of Seattle in Spring 2010. Im new to this site, whereas i registered in 2006 but i didn't post anything due to suffering mental illness and some bad critiques from a teacher at the Ai who said that CA.org was pretty much a "me too, me too" site. Like everyone just wanted to be like everyone else which swayed my interest so i didn't come on to post anything for a long time.

I have been receiving emails from CA for a while and i would just delete them but i got tired of deleting them so i decided i would come back and find out if CA really had something worth my time. A friend of mine was suggesting that i do what my soul desires, which is to become a better environment artist and draw/paint architecture in perspective as concept art so i felt i came to the right place.

Another thing that kept me from being here which makes it difficult to naviagte is having to deal with reading the CA site with a screen reader called Natural Reader software which turns text into spoken audible voice which is nice to follow along especially when im trying to focus and concentrate due to my illnesses.

My intention for saying hi was to ask if CA was a place i could get help with architecture drawings/paintings to perfect and progress as a better painter. I didn't know if i could do it so im asking because a lot of the images on the front screen show pictures of portraits or vehicles but not much architecture. Is this CA place where i can get help with this sort of critique or do i have to go somewhere else?

Something else that also kept me from CA was the sheer timid fear of showing my BABY which may be poor and not well drawn, or i want it to look a certain way, but it does not due to my inexperience and inability to make my hands work the way i can see it in my mind; but then put it online and show everyone to get criticism and help when because of my illness it feels like people are yelling at me and it was hard to deal with. But i feel im more able to accept help no matter what happens. I just have to realize its my work, not my personality or my essence of my being.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone!

My name is Mozart, and Im from Brazil, 22 years old and 3rd year studdent of publicity
    I work with graphic design, but my real love is the illustration

see ya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello CA-Members!

Hello,
    im CyGear from Germany. Firstly, I have to say that my english skills aren't good but I try to improve them.
    I think this site is a really good opportunity to get better in drawing and painting. My main problem is just the language. So please tell me if i do some stupid mistakes.
    I will soon open my Sketchbook and initiate it.
    By the way, I'm 17 years old.

Greetz
    CyGear

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

new and hello

Hi Everyone, I am not new to Concept Art, just renewed so to speak.
    I live in South Fla, I used to be able to draw is my quote now cause Domesticated life is capable of stealing away lots of inspiration and the part of your brain you need in order to do it, along with stress. i have the itch to start again, i have dabbled in many different types of art since I was a young punk, I am good at whatever it is I try to do, but when it comes to drawing or sketching, I really have to be in the moment, free of distractions and chaos, which is where my Ipod touch and ignoring some of the stuff I am supposed to be doing comes in handy, I just posted my 1st DSG..sunlit alien forest, tell me what you think, it was not sketched out first and it does have some styles in it, I am practicing sketching, I need serious help with faces and perspective, I am actually pretty good at drawing what I see, like hands & feet..go figure(they r usually hard) but be nice when you crit, I am vulnerable right now...however seeing all this art in here is helping with the inspiration once again. Ciao

I used to be able to draw

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello!I`m new here,in DA,and in drawing) I just learn drawing so i registered.. so... I`m 19 and i`m from Latvia)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey i'm new here too(obviously)
    I'm 17, from germany, have been drawing portraits for some time and am just getting into digital art. i'm on dA (http://cheesecakeoo.deviantart.com/gallery) and i hope to find some more inspiration and help here i'm cronically incapable of finishing things but hope i'll get over this phase soon and be able to post some nice things here ^^...other than that i really love to talk to people who are interested in art in any way. so yeah, hi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Face2Face View Post
    hey i'm new here too(obviously)
    I'm 17, from germany, have been drawing portraits for some time and am just getting into digital art. i'm on dA (http://cheesecakeoo.deviantart.com/gallery) and i hope to find some more inspiration and help here i'm cronically incapable of finishing things but hope i'll get over this phase soon and be able to post some nice things here ^^...other than that i really love to talk to people who are interested in art in any way. so yeah, hi
    Good to hear you have a good desire to talk with people. Im trying to do the same and get out of my shell of being afraid of criticism and what not.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy hell I'm scared.

Ok, not really.

Hello everyone, I'm new here (another fresh one out of devart but I'm not gonna scream "omg I have zillions of pageviews so I am teh internets personified) and ironically I came upon this site after reading two separate Encyclopedia Dramatica articles about the bad artists (in term of personality) who have come here and bothered what seems like a very professional, very mature art forum.

My name is Sara, but you can call me Pencils, since that's what I like using as a medium. I'm 19 and I am in love with Mucha's work and Art Nouveau as a whole. I strive to get that flow, color, and detail into my work which is why I'm here. I'm also trying to get into college as an Illustration major. Would've gone with Graphic Design, but it's not my cup of tea.

I'm not afraid of criticism, and I am wholly prepared to get ripped to shreds because I have not come far with my art or style in years due to art blocks, personal issues, and the dreaded CARPAL TUNNEL. I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna run and hide. I may grumble, but I know everyone on this forum is dedicated wholly to helping everyone improve as long as they breathe and can hold a pencil/paintbrush/tablet pen.

So let the fun begin!

An Artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision

All painting should be poetry. Nothing else. No ugliness, no vulgarity, no sordid dirt or chaos or commonness.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ColorMyPencils For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorMyPencils View Post
    Holy hell I'm scared.

Ok, not really.

Hello everyone, I'm new here (another fresh one out of devart but I'm not gonna scream "omg I have zillions of pageviews so I am teh internets personified) and ironically I came upon this site after reading two separate Encyclopedia Dramatica articles about the bad artists (in term of personality) who have come here and bothered what seems like a very professional, very mature art forum.

My name is Sara, but you can call me Pencils, since that's what I like using as a medium. I'm 19 and I am in love with Mucha's work and Art Nouveau as a whole. I strive to get that flow, color, and detail into my work which is why I'm here. I'm also trying to get into college as an Illustration major. Would've gone with Graphic Design, but it's not my cup of tea.

I'm not afraid of criticism, and I am wholly prepared to get ripped to shreds because I have not come far with my art or style in years due to art blocks, personal issues, and the dreaded CARPAL TUNNEL. I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna run and hide. I may grumble, but I know everyone on this forum is dedicated wholly to helping everyone improve as long as they breathe and can hold a pencil/paintbrush/tablet pen.

So let the fun begin!
    I admire your ambition and willingness to be ripped apart. I had a friend tell me that i wouldn't have to show people anything until i was ready. So here i am learning and trying to do the best i can. Thanks for signing up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi, I'm new here too. My name's Heather, I'm from Wales, uk, just finished a Foundation diploma art course this year, narrowly got a distinction (my final major almost killed me!) no plans to go to uni- for now I want to get a part time job and pursue art in my spare time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I joined in May this year, and the high standards of artwork here discouraged me to post. However, it did encourage me to improve my work!

After 7 months away from conceptart.org, I am back again for another wake up call

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello. I'm next exactly new, I've been lurking for a while.
    The level of talent here is massively intimidating and I know every little about the art world, but just reading what people have to say has been fascinating and incredibly valuable.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I just signed up! Just wanted to say hi.
    Although I find the art here quite intimidating I also find it inspiring
    I've only recently started putting together my portfolio, so I'm quite happy to be here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Hello all..

I have been called a concept artist by other people, so thats why I am here. I do pencil/graphite/charcoal/pastel work of a fantasy/pagan/celtic nature.

I also do regular stuff.. anyways I have been drawing since...errmmm 1991 or thereabouts, sporadically at best seeing as life sometimes gets in the way - read: kids, dogs, farming etc... I am 36, and will update my profile soon. Promise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hi to all

Hi all i am arun from india.. Very hungry to learn drawing like you gives... I am very determined in this... Hope to learn a lot from this forum... Kindly introduce yourself to me...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all........
    This site is just great!!
    I joined tdy.I am a freelance 3d artist but also have a keen interest in concept art and want to develop my skillz in this field too.Therefore, m here......

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, my name is d3ddy or you can call me anton if you like
    I just joined today and i hope i can improve my drawing skill, so glad to join

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,
    I.m vinh from mv studios. I've been at traditional art for awhile.
    now I'm digital it is nice to be among artists...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hello ^_^

Hello all!

I joined a couple days ago, and I'm reallllly green. I started my sketchbook, but I need to churn out some more content.

I really enjoy sketching and shading in graphite. I love Photoshop and Illustrator!

I think my weakest aspects are color implementation and human proportions

I'm pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in New Media and start classes in Maya and ZBrush next semester.

It's nice to meet you all.

Later!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face my new drawing ~~just finished~welocme to communicate>_<

this my new drawing about pirate ship ~~i'm not good enough ~so i think i need practice and you guys advise

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4