Sketchbook: No more promises. (may contain slight nudity) - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No more promises. (may contain slight nudity)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Seriously.. you may be pissed because you didnt do enough for drawing, and turning 18 is a big milestone I suppose...

But really, I'm going to turn 18 in a few months myself, and now you are making me even more pissed that I didnt do enough myself! Haha!

Seriously, your stuff is looking really good, and your anatomy is right on point as well!

Keep op rocking

I'm going to check out your updates

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is some great work so far =)
    keep it up, the more structure you add to your work, the stronger it will become.
    looking forward to updates.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments, just so encouraging. Replies later. Today was not the most successful day. Here 's a couple digital works finished enough to be worth showing. Didn't scan my pencil sketches yet. See you tomorrow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMG IT WAS DOUBLE POST!!! I'm terribly sorry.
    Thanks for the comments, just so encouraging. Today was not the most successful day. Here 's a couple digital works finished enough to be worth showing. Didn't scan my pencil sketches yet. See you tomorrow. Replies later.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, the first one is quite cool, like that style, something similar would look really sick on a black t-shirt silkscreened or printed, if i was you, I would try to make one of them printed on t-shirt one day, maybe just for your own fun..
    The second one is also good, but it would be better with a more dynamic pose(though it's hard I think, but you should give it a try in one of your sketches), atm the thing going on in the front legs is a little wtf, but, it's a wip, so I know you haven't worked it out yet, but it's still a nice looking fella

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am 23 and just started drawing so you are hardly late stater compared to me, you have loads of time achieve your goals. Also I really like your portrait sketches I would like to see some portraits of yours that are digitally painted in the future. Keep it up!

The Late Starters Sketch Group

UrbanHermit~Krel~DiR3Kt~Sir Cam

merrycarousel is offline doughnuts!!! omnomnomnom.... Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    enjoyed the shading on the second one! i like the detailing on its skull... although a brighter, bolder highlight would make the head look more fleshy, in the shiny sense, which would make it pop. the hints of muscles are pretty believable. i agree with spark_zero; you could try giving it a more dynamic pose, as though it has been galloping and all you did was capture the moment.

the first one looks like a hybrid between 'alien' and the creature in 'tremor'. work on it and develop it further. if you finish it, you have more stuff in your portfolio =)

merrycarousel is offline doughnuts!!! omnomnomnom.... Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ergh double post... sorry >.<

Last edited by merrycarousel; January 13th, 2010 at 12:43 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Evening doodles. Got to reach scanner tomorrow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dope doodles!.. I like that one on the top left corner, that jumping pose makes the figure a lot more exciting and more full with energy, thumbs up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Both creatures started from the same black blob, trying out some brainstorming to find interesting looking shapes. Gave the ice landscape another twist. These are all just WIP's

merrycarousel out of curiousity, have you ever thought abt how the creature moves?
    Of course, how can one imagine something that is alive without thinking of how it moves. I understand why you asked about this, however. My creatures have boring poses, because thinking about design, I tend to forget about action. Will get away from that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That landscape looks interesting, seems to be coming out better than the ones you posted before.. btw, that new wip that reminds of a fly is good also, bugs are great to apply to designs.. as some of them some closeups look really nasty and interesting.. can't suggest anything though, let's see where those wip's are taken.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    guilty of two missing days... I wish these works were more interesting. This always happens when you work in a hurry.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ditto on the guilty bit.

even if you think it's not interesting, it's a good effort. it looks good on my side, but keep your own expectation of yourself too! on the other hand, you can treat this like a speed paint training (um, not quite sure if i'm the right person to say that LOL).

i really like the choice of colours that you picked, it really works with the image. be braver with the shadows and highlights as it looks a little flat (unless you're aiming for that sort of feel). if you know how to work with levels in photoshop, play with it, and you'll see what i mean.

liking the details on the 2nd one; veins! the first one is interesting idea-wise and visually too, as it has a good balance of the bright and dark values. how long do you usually spend on each of these paintings?

a very nice update!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, thanks I usually spend an hour or two on these. When I get down tosketching digitally, I come up with at least three or four rubbish sketches. I wish days were longer, buy calling them boring, I mean they are not pushing my limits, they don't require enough brain work. These works where I try out new shapes that show interesting character are truly satisfying, being in a hurry certainly doesn't help the case. And thanks for pointing out the value thing, I just thought couldn't see this flatness clearly enough, it wasn't intentional.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sick work man! You're a year older than me but your words in your first post really gave me a nice swift kick in the butt. We gotta get working dude!

Great creatures too but this guy here is my favorite

http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1260137368

My only crit is on the enviro studies I think it would be more efficient if you worked on a small canvas (4-500 px). It helps you see shapes and color masses better and allows you to not get caught up in detail so much. Keep it up, I'm subscribing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice SB!
    Man! what you say about getting 18, being in your own, and realizing that you should spent more time on drawing, is pretty TRUE, I've just experienced the same a few months ago. I came to the same conclusion, I mean we're talking about our lives, nothing more serious than that, and so about TIME. There's no way we can recover the wasted time, what we can do is take matters into our own hand, and as you said GETTING SERIOUS, is a good way.
    What I like from drawing is that is always a battle with ourselves, you're not competing with someone else, it's just you; your problems, your strengths, your weaknesses and so forth. And probably more important your ENGAGE WITH DRAWING.

oouch hope I didn't trespass way too much with my reflexions.

Keep it up and take care dude.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    andres333, you are absolutely right
    This day was more producive, however it bothers me that the second picture is too much inspired Massive Black art. And green monster is actually not so interesting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I Wanted to let you know that I'm still watching.. keep up.. Digital and creature design isn't really my field, so I don't have anything constructive to say as usual.. They are all looking fine to me, I like the second one in the last post and the first face in two posts back (that creature with bunnys teeth.. ) Would like to see some of them finished and polished and applied to an environement. But you'll know better, when you hit something, that you like yhat much that you'll work it to the last phase.

Is your aim becoming a concept artist one day? Though judging by the work, it would be quite logical.. What are your plans for nearer future ? Maybe an univeristy?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey i think you have a really nice feel for texture and weight but you tend to leave allot of your drawings unfinished.
    So yeah, it's a sketchbook so it seems unimportant but it helps allot to actually finish each little creation and by finish i just mean consistent.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the cat/rat dude has the potential to be a kick ass character! the one below it as well... do you tend to get bored of your painting real quick?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really love white and black contrast in post 34 and 39, your digitals are little muddy so unsharpen tool might come handy and hard brushes in focal point of characters, like face and chest areas/ or areas that comes toward viewer

Othervice keep this up definitely

MY SKETCHBOOK IN BIG LETTERS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=116474
    COMPLETE LIST OF THE FORGOTTEN SKETCHBOOKS: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1992378

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettle_Mountain View Post
    I really love white and black contrast in post 34 and 39, your digitals are little muddy so unsharpen tool might come handy and hard brushes in focal point of characters, like face and chest areas/ or areas that comes toward viewer

Othervice keep this up definitely
    I like those posts too.. gonna try working in black n white like that

Janos is offline Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on Fu! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, your values are really good. Keep going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think that the daily version of our ssg has failed a little..I think that neither of us haven't managed to go 7 days straight forward uploading daily.. But i'm still keeping an eye on this thread, and expecting some updates, if you get near to your computer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, first of all i must opolgise to all of you for failing your expectations about daily sketchbook, it was a major fail, and as the new title of the thread says I won't give no promioses anymore, because who knows how thing turn out in the future. i guess, that I also haven't thought enough before joining an ssg, it's too early so far and I guess ssg will be possible only after I find the right person, someone with whom I can share more than just an urge to become better at visual arts. That doesn't mean I show any kind of disrespecty to you SparkZero and Merrycarousel, on the contrary, I wish you best luck in your journey and i wish you to find right people to join you. Life is a river that always changes and it feels great. Now I really managed to see that my skills are demanded and I am currently doing some interesting projects for my friends, which I feel enthusiastic about. Ok, too many words. So, I won't post regularly, because sometimes I'd really rather draw than post. here are some more or less successfull paintings and drawings from sketchbook, i've been also interested in fonts and logos lately, it feels no less satisfying to get a logo or lettering idea, than to get a drawing idea.

The word in violet letters is a japan word "karuso" which basically means "crow", I didn't think much before writing, it was just the first word that came to my mind.

The black and white picture of two crow skulls is a tattoo design I did for myself.

Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 716 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're doing extremely well, and your blending is getting really solid. Keep up the great work and I think you'll really go far with your artwork.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some last scanned pages...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.