Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Thanks
    I dont know why you guys take me so seriously, dont you understand what i'm doing?

I'm taking an opinion I have and then writing about it in rapidly exaggerated proportions.

Lets say we watch a movie, I dont like the movie, So i say to you "this is the worst movie ever, so I'm going to fill my car up with snakes, tarantulas and funnel web spiders, then I'm going to fill my pants with dynamite, cover myself in petrol, get in the car and drive as fast as i can towards a brick wall, put the plastic bag over my head before hitting the brick wall and then die in a massive explosion, bitten by poisonous snakes, taranchulas, flamed by petrol blowen up by dynamite, suffocated by a plastic bag and mangled from the car accident.

I'm not really going to do that, I'd just be trying to tell you i dislike the movie.

you know what i mean?

For example I'm not actually capable of banning all films that have 3 explosions or less, I'm just telling you in my own way that i like movies with explosions.

I do it because I have some strange Attentive compulsion to wind you up and it works, usually i get myself into more trouble than its worth...

anyway, I've changed all my opinions since when i first wrote this thread, and I've decided I want a bed spread with the works of William De Koonig.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    ohh yeah and there are some awesome aussie artsts on this site but they dont get the attention they deserve

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    Okay, all well and good, but you should still read this: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=148912

I don't know why this hasn't been stickied yet...

Thanks
    Oni is entertain by this thread, he is happy

MORE MADNESS!!

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Dude this thread is trippy brahhh

Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 887 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Coene View Post
    Well, in Dante's Inferno wasn't there a level of Hell that was actually no so bad which was reserved for the "Noble Pagans" like Aristotle and Socrates who didn't have a chance at Heaven because they had no way of knowing about Christianity? Maybe there's a level of not-artist status that these guys have achieved...
    This could be where all those American Indians ended up who didn't hear about Jesus for 1,492 years!

Aristotle and Socrates must have been rather perplexed. . .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamber Parrk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    are you for real?

Looking for work experience - let me show you what I can do

Thanks
    and know what else pisses me off? JEWS
    i cant tell whether your joking or not, watch yourself idiot, there's kids on here that dont need to feel marginalized.

Try using your head, theres kids on here from Israel just trying to learn about art that don't need to be exposed to that on this website.

Thanks
    I have a friend who does abstract art, knowing full well what she does is shit. She told me, while we were doing anatomical studies, that she dunked a bunch of marbles into paint and rolled them over her canvas. She got $150 for it. Not only could she believe someone actually wanted that piece of garbage, she was surprised when they paid $150 for it. I mean how wrong is that? To do a piece of art work and know it's shit before you're even finished doing it?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,683 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DazDaryl View Post
    i cant tell whether your joking or not, watch yourself idiot, there's kids on here that dont need to feel marginalized.

Try using your head, theres kids on here from Israel just trying to learn about art that don't need to be exposed to that on this website.
    He does it because he has some strange Attentive compulsion to wind you up and it works, usually he gets himself into more trouble than its worth...

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    I think you should watch 'Local Colour'.....you'd like that movie.

Thanks
    I have a friend who does abstract art, knowing full well what she does is shit. She told me, while we were doing anatomical studies, that she dunked a bunch of marbles into paint and rolled them over her canvas. She got $150 for it. Not only could she believe someone actually wanted that piece of garbage, she was surprised when they paid $150 for it. I mean how wrong is that? To do a piece of art work and know it's shit before you're even finished doing it?
    nothing, abstract art has its places. art which has form and perspective rarely looks good on surfaces that are not flat, such as fabrics, abstract patterns and the like look quite good on curtains, but a rembrandt print curtain would look quite strange.

My problem is that the traditional skills are being neglected; technical drawing has been pushed aside for CAD programs, figure drawing has been completely shunted because its easier and quicker to train artists in abstract disciplines, the art of vehicle illustration has been pushed away because people think they can get the same or better results on a 3d computer program.

The truth is that computer programs will not suffice and cannot replace the skills that drafting brings. Is this the end of invention and innovation because the populace will no longer be able to conceptualize their ideas with ease?

I'm trying to talk about an attitude that is destroying society, its the attitude of people who say they "simply dont have it" , sure it'll take a good 5 to 7 years to train someone to be able to draw effectively; in perspective with anatomical precision, but thats the same time it takes to train a doctor, accountant, dentist or a lawyer and the ability to conceptualize and illustrate in 3-dimensions is just as usefull but the emphasis and training is minimal by comparison.

Just look at how many people out there dog the art scene because of the prevelance of abstractism and we suffer because of it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by _Mario View Post
    Well, this guy Jeremy Geddes seems to manage the whole thing quite well. Originally from New Zealand (I think), now in Melbourne, and hopefully not too abstract for your taste. the difference between him and you is a lot of hard work, and not a loan that makes college affordable (Hint: Conceptart.org, the Gnomonworshop, and others offer a lot of rather cheap training material, in addition to innumerable books and articles on all a good chunk of the related topics).

That you can't get a loan to study exactly what you want in a college environment should not stop you.

There is more to non-figurative work than than just expensive useless stuff, just look at graphic design and typography (for a start). That are topics that can be useful for your figurative work (for your texture work and also in a more abstract way), as well as for your life in general as books and websites allow for a lot learning to happen to you without being bound to a school or college with teacher type individuals to feed you everything.
    oh god jeremy geddes! he had a small exhibition in hong kong last month, along with ashley wood. was super awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by OmenSpirits View Post
    (on the topic of ART) She's a demanding bitch that wants ALL your time and gets angry and pulls away if you even LOOK at another creative endeavor! "What, I'm not GOOD enough for you now? hm? well guess what, BAM! now try to draw without me, ya bastard!"
    HELLO SKETCHBOOK.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 7