Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Cool drawing. Something's bothering me about Spidey's clavicles tho.

Nice book.
    Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,194 Times in 1,969 Posts
    your works are great. I already loved your figures and values when i first visited your SB and now i see u keep up improving them. To challenge yourself more i would say to play with some non organic forms to check the values there. Keep inspiring with your will

Thanks
    man..your stuff is inspiring

Thanks
    Thanked 4,524 Times in 2,458 Posts
    "hmm subbed.. im in the mood for some sub way now. supper has been determined, thanks !"

ha ha ha i recommend a pint of champagne with a lobster in it. but only if someone else is paying..
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    alexson: thanks dude!

lolbbq: hah! glad you think so, lots of work ahead of me though. thanks for stoppin in!

p sage: yah i should start drawing from refference, specially when it comes to collar bones, they remind me of bicycle handles except they are always in some sorts of funky perspective.

kingkostas: thansk man, i guess im doing something more organicy this time around, you tell me?

hücumkedi: wow thanks!

Velocity Kendall: wait... lobster in a pint of champagne? like.. swiming... still sounds tasty.

heres a really fast and messy sketch. ill keep u guys updated on its progress.
    a.k.a. dernick

Sketchbook Thread

Sketch Blog

Im looking for work! If your are interested, PM me and leave me your info!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wreck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 577 Posts
    starting out realy cool, the colors are great.

Thanks
    yeah this is what i'm talking about, loving this last sketch man!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dernick View Post
    but what do you mean the crossover-parts-of the creature .. you mean his folded arms?
    No, I meant the part between the upper human bodypart and the "horse"-part, especially the stomach muscles. I am searching for centaur muscle and bone solutions because of the "missing centaur bone" in most centaur skeleton drawings (see my sketchbook, I described the problem at page 10).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,055 Posts
    i've missed quite a few updates derek! i'm always intrigued by your rendering. from what i'm seeing-- do you normally paint/render with a small brush? do you ever lay in the general shapes with a big brush or just line work ? sorry if i worded that weird-- it's kinda late haha.

hmm.. regarding style-- i don't think it's a problem that you're influenced by dan's work. i too am influenced by him but i look at other artists as well. i think for me, i'm adopting more of his rendering techniques but i dismiss his character design in my work. what i see you doing is also observing his rendering style because i do not really see much of his character design in yours. but really, i wouldn't stress about it if one were to say your work is looking like his.

i've talked with daniel through e-mail regarding style and such when i was worried i was getting too similar to his 'style' but i kinda just stopped getting worked up over it too much and just began drawing what i liked to draw (weird/surreal stuff and all that jazz). i think that is one reason why i'm attracted to your work because the designs you come up with are so strange and full of character! (same reason why i like daniel's stuff)

anyway, i'm ranting a bit and i should probably sleep but it's already spring break for me i will check back on you or your blog. keep up the good work as always buddy !
    Sketchbook
    Blog
    Drachen

Matt
    Jamie
    King
    Henri
    Lukas

available for commission/work
    email: mister.guiang@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    My condolences on your tragedies. These things happen for a reason and I hope you look towards God for help. He can.

Glad to see you haven't given up art and are still pushing forward. Where do you work? Sorry if this has been answered before.

Thanks
    Fetsch: thanks dude!

Yor: haha i appreciate your enthusiasm!

surus: Ooh ok, i think i get ya, you mean how they connect from human part to horse part?... that what you mean haha.

teapo: I think i generally start out with a quick sketch with a pencil brush, then i beef up the shapes with a bigger flat brush, then i go in render mode from there usually. but its not always the case, sometimes i just make a random blob and start rendering out something from that shape. i try to think as if im sculpting rather then drawing on a flat surface.

Yeah like i said before, im not to concerned about style right now, nothing i draw right now feels like its on purpose, eventually though, i think it will. when i find myself artistically that is.

also, thanks for the comment man, i appreciate your words a lot!

MattGamer: thanks for the kind words man. gotta keep drawing, it never crossed my mind to give it up, ever.

As for where i work, i work at a Video Lottery game company as a graphic artist. its not to amazing to say the least, but its paying the bills. im actually in the middle of looking for a potential new gig anywheres.... portfolios are being fired out at high speeds.

heres a tiny bit more progress on that last one... kinda turning into mush.
    a.k.a. dernick

Sketchbook Thread

Sketch Blog

Im looking for work! If your are interested, PM me and leave me your info!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wreck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 2,093 Posts
    wow man, your characters are fucking sweeet!!!! love how you build up your characters. do these begin as silhouettes? or loose sketches? you have great lighting coming through, and you are showing the forms really nicely. great stuff! 5*!!
    MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Some Sketchbooks you should check out! --->
    (expect this list to change alot)
    Mattinian
    RazorB
    Albino-Z
    MatejaPetkovic
    Cold
    Jama

Thanks
    Awesome stuff, even if you never stop drawing standing characters I'm still gonna come look at them cuz they are so awesomely designed.

Me likey. A lot.

Thanks
    cool monster-people. i also like jacked spider-man

Thanks
    Oh man, so much nice stuff here. I really love your painting style, but I feel like your painting would benefit a lot from having the contrast pumped up a bit so that the forms really pop and come to life. If you don't already, maybe you could start a few paintings in black white and gray, or practice with a value study Can't wait to see more stuff!

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast