View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Harkonnen Holiday Meal!

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Orm Irian

3 6.52%
  • Tommoy

9 19.57%
  • Ray Twicket

2 4.35%
  • KentonLikesFish

0 0%
  • Vaghauk

6 13.04%
  • JustSomeDude

1 2.17%
  • scorge

25 54.35%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: C.O.W. #162 Holiday Dinner with the Harkonnens -- VOTING!

Thanks

C.O.W. #162 Holiday Dinner with the Harkonnens -- VOTING!

Post your final image and description here! No WIPs or placeholders allowed!!! I will delete them. Use the proper thread for this purpose.

Only 1 post per artist allowed! If necessary you may add questions in your post, if you need some last minute help, but actually the wip thread is the right place for this.

I will close the thread after the deadline and look through the images when setting up the poll. Entries which break one or more rules will be deleted.

Copy and paste the following lines and add your own content. Delete all * before posting. You can use the attachment function for the image as well. I will delete all replies, which are not posted this way.

USE THE ATTACHMENT MANAGER (post reply > go advanced > attachement manager - and use the paperclip icon to embed the image)! This way no images get lost over time.

[*B]Artist: [*COLOR=White]your-nickname[/COLOR]

Concept: [*COLOR=White]name-of-your-creature[/COLOR]
    [/B]your-description
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Artist: Orm Irian

Concept: Platiarca

When the cities and the pollution of Giedi Prime become a bigger issue, most of the animals extinct. However, the Platiarcas managed to survive in the bleak wastelands of Giedi Prime.
    Their mouth is formed so they can even crush small mineral stones laying around (Giedi Prime is rich of minerals) or eating smaller animals or even miscellaneous trash laying around near (or in) the big cities.
    The stones of Giedi Prime are most over red, that's why the plates of the Platiarcas also are redish- it makes them more invisible over the distance. During the days they normally hide in the ground and just come out at night.

When the special Holiday dinner approaches, the Harkonnens start to hunt the Platiarcas- they normally catch them unharmed and bringing them to big fabrics, where hell comes alive for these creatures.
    Every single leg get ripped off the platiarcas, which is a huge pain for them. The Harkonnens also break the plates of the Platiarcas away- these plates are linked with the skin of the creatures. As a result, the skin get ripped away on the same time. As if that wouldn't be enough, the Harkonnens also decided that two halves of a platiarca would surely taste better than a whole platiarca. So their bodies get stretched, till the bones crack and the flesh bursts.
    After this torture the Platiarcas finally die, full of pain, and get served to the feast. A special kind of ‘decoration’ are the young Platiarcas, which get placed into the brain of the adult one- Nests of Platiarcas are really well hidden, so it's always very expensive to get the full palette of the Holiday Dinner.
    The young ones won’t be killed before the feast, they still alive when being served. Also, the bodies of the adults won’t be cooked too much, their meat is still cold and bloody- perfect for the Harkonnens.
    Last edited by Orm Irian; December 8th, 2009 at 08:27 AM.

Thanks
    Artist: Tommoy

Concept: Grot
    The Grot is thrown into a large kettle along with some herbs and Schwarz, a fluid that pre digests the Grot slowly. This process is followed trough the glass windows in the basket beneath the kettle. Once completely digested the thick pasta can be distracted trough several taps at the bottom.

Thanks
    ArtistRayTwicket
    ConceptClawed Hopper

They might not be the most intelligent or most fierce creature in the galaxy but these dimwitted little fellas sure are delicious, their tendrils and puss sacks are considered a fine delicacy.
    Their powerful legs give them great speed and agility but they are easily outwitted and cornered, making them a favorite amongst the upper elite game hunters, who stuff and mount the creatures feet, much like hunters will stuff the head of a deer here on Earth, the larger the feet the greater the prize

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RayTwicket For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Artist: KentonLikesFish
    Concept: Hurkey

The Hurkey is the Harkonenns' game animal typically eaten at Thanksgiving. A brutish, lumbering, thick-skinned beast, the Hurkey is a peaceful desert creature, but ferocious when threatened. Despite its abundance of flesh, the Harkonnens ignore its leathery meat in favor of its moist, supple intestines. These are served on a platter, topped with a skewer of the animal's vital organs.
    Last edited by KentonLikesFish; December 9th, 2009 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks
    Artist: vaghauk

Concept: Slok

Attachment 848168
    Life on earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun every year.

Thanks

Cow: 162, Guvid

Artist: JustSomeDude

Concept: Guvid

The Guvid is an ambush predator living near the waste treatment facilities on Giedi Prime feeding on small filter feeders like shrimp. It is very poisonous advertised by the bright colors on its back side. It is served with lemon and a sprinkle of Spice on top, after its poison glands are removed, if not prepared right, the poison can kill in 2 sec.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,905 Times in 438 Posts
    Artist: Scorge

Concept: Saard Tleilax Beast
    Found on the lonely planet Tlielax in the forbidden lands, this turkey like creature stands at over 6' and is revered by the religious Tleilaxu as a beast of all knowledge and harvester of spice.

Unfortunately, this ungainly and somewhat disgusting creature is also prized by and poached almost to extinction by the House Harkonnen for its tainted meat and juicy innards.

The skin is slightly seared and the severed head and body cavity are used as part of the serving process, the innards and Saard worms being the highlight of the meal, along with the spice rich phalange glands speared for lord Harkonnen's pleasure.
    Check it out
    Blog, we've all got em:http://davesrightmind.blogspot.com/
    Creatures Galore!:www.creaturespot.com
    Full gallery o' stuff:davesrightmind.deviantart.com

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scorge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Make that 7 entires, not 9. Ah well. It's not a good time of year for this sort of thing I suppose, between holidays.

I guess I'll have to pull out all the stops with the next topic. Time to go back to Hell, I think.

Edit: Oh, and zypherax... sorry... I had to delete the comments. Only entires get posted here until the poll goes up. Comments should be made in the WIPs thread. No biggie. Now that the poll is up we can chatter all we want.

Edit #2: All righty. Your new topic is up. Hopefully I have made up for my lateness with topic awesomeness.
    Last edited by Michael Jaecks; December 10th, 2009 at 05:21 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Jaecks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I wimped out on my entry for this, and it fills me with a deep and abiding shame, but thems the breaks. I went with the Vaghauk on this one, not so much for the rendering itself, moreso because of the gusto I see in Baron Harkonnen - it just looks like he wants to bathe in that gooey green gravy with disgusting abandon. Of course, Scorge delivered in a big way, and those little sausage buddies on the sticks - that's f'in genius buddy, you bust out those 4th quarter suprises and we love it. Also gotta give shoutouts to TOMMOY and ORM IRIAN and Ray Twickett, nice work fellas!

Updates and new work:
    www.stevesomersart.blogspot.com

CA Sketchbook:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=175919

Available for freelance

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve Somers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Went with Vaghauk on this one. Awesome job! Scorge is right after, the rendering is amazing, as per usual from him. Peace guys!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to evolvingeye For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    i voted scorge - i still think the cooked version looks raw and the raw version looks cooked but it looks awesome anyway and the serving robot is real harkonnenstyle for me !! i liked Orm Irians apresentation and ideas but the harkonnen element was not that obvious.
    Tommoys beast turned out great - the cooking process could have been more explicit.
    ray twicket did an awesome turkey - pitty it wasn´t cooked ... but nice anyway
    kenton likes fish presented us with some real disgusting harkonnen-spagetti - simple but the whole idea represented !
    just some dude angler fish fits well to giedi prime but also missing the cooked version.
    i used most part of the two weeks for research and loads of sketches i only posted half on the wip poll...
    and thanx guys for the votes !!! feels good ! yeah - the finishing is not the best - could have painted it out much better... used much more time with sketches and ideas than with the actual painting - well :It´s what i could do within the deadline - ( )
    Think in the weeks before i overpainted some of my entries so this one i wanted to let like it turned out within given time.
    As i sayd this will be my last cow this year ( if i can resist...) - but as soon as i finish my comissions i´m back here to learn and have fun with you all.
    special thanx to michael jaecks for all his effort and encouragement !!!!!
    and steve somers - i felt the same about merlins familar .... sure your next entries will be double fantastic !
    Life on earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun every year.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Vaghauk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hmm, this was a really hard choice- I actually liked all of the picture because of some elements, but I really think Vaghauk managed to visualize the theme perfectly- the creature looks nice and the cooking picture also looks awesome.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Orm Irian For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast