Teen Challenge 75: -[Mascot Challenge]- Epic event! all join in!
TEEN CHALLENGE 75
1. No old work, sketches or WIP's, finished works made specificly for this weekly only!
2. Be sure to focus on the topic (and try to be creative).
3. Keep the size of your picture reasonable (about 1000 pix either direction) if you think it'll add to the composition, you can derivitate from this rule.
4. Color and B&W are both allowed.
Special Mascot Rules:
1. Image size: no specific size, but take a look at the other weeklies and have your image around that.
2. Lay-out: Is the artwork seperate from the banner? Is the piece a part of the banner, or is it the banner? Your pick!
3. The banner must have space for the rules (posted above) to fit. (and be able to add more)
The Topic: 'The Essence'
Now, for this round i was thinking a lot about what the topic could be. And i just couldn't think up of the essence of the teen challenge (since we try to cover a lot of different topics). But i couldn't find something that would really please me, and then i realised it. If i would've found something, it would be what i think it is, but anyone could have an entirely different idea.
So instead of you machine-ing an assignment I give you. I challenge you to think about what this is for you, what the essence of the teen challenge is, and uleash all your creativity on it.
Goodluck! (and enjoy)
IMPORTANT 1. (Not in order right now)
2. Please use the attachment manager from now on, it helps preserve the images forever and beyond.
3. Mark your final as final.
Friday, 1 January, 4.5 weeks. make it count.
(23:41:52) (ArneLurk) I woner of there are people who have hairy penises
but... 4 weks? wow... and I have to work on a piece for arisia during that time as well... but you know what, I'll get it done!!! and mabey I'll figure out how to use the attatchment mannager as well....
Two ideas, still sketching them out on paper a bit, basically focusing on improvement over the course of the piece, so at the feet the figure (whatever that turns out to be) is really rough and sketchy, then you have redlines and rough coloring and at the head/shoulders it's a finished thing.
And a beautifully rendered, epicly detailed, fully visualized (oh yes) sketch of a novelty banner format. Oh, the glory of this must sear your eyes.
Just throwing an idea out there, but someone better at that sort of thing than me (wouldn't exactly be hard there) might like it? Or not. Facebook style layout. Winning Design is the "profile picture" on the right, has the name of the challenge "The Essence" above it like a name, to the right the other winning designs are all in thumbnails on a sort of "friendlist" block. Instead of facebook.com, it is of course Concept Art Teen Challenge at the top. Maybe the info blurb could be on top of the block on a sort of wall-post style thing.