How long should I spend on a sketch?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

How long should I spend on a sketch?

I find that the most exciting part of drawing for me is when I start a sketch and begin to see what I want taking form. Past that things slow down rapidly and I tend to lose interest. Sometimes I work on fine-tuning a sketch spread out over several days for about 10 minutes through 1 hour a session. What seems to take place during all these sessions is a sort of annoying amount of tweaking and perfecting. I'm really interested in animation, and I know professionals would never be allowed (or could afford) to spend countless hours on getting a sketch "perfect" before they moved on. I guess what makes it somewhat draining is that I'm never willing to compromise artistic vision when it comes to getting things right. I was thinking about it, but perhaps I should *always* finish a sketch in one session and move on?

any suggestions or tips on line clean up would be really helpful!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Practice, practice, practice. This isn't a tip or trick really, it's my personal opinion. I believe as long as you are enjoying yourself, you should take as long as you like on a sketch. Truth be told, after a while of doing sketches the way you are now.. you will begin to speed up and your sketches will become clearer (you won't have to refine and fix anything as you go). Everything gets better with practice. I know it's not a quick easy fix, but I know it will work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My Opinion :>

I am a very sucky artist. I have bad technique. Checkwww.angelfire.com/realm3/ardjoena they'll all my last two years works... But I believe more in quantity than quality. The difference between concept artist and normal artists are concept artist have the inspiration and sense of beauty thingy. People may create many cheesy wonderful sketches or paintings; but Good Artist make something innovative and never thought of. creating a style people seldom use of. :> thats why opinion. LOL. do not listen to young people like me. Im 18. :>

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.