Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Thanks
    Artina: I really love this! It looks fantastic! I do think that her facial expression is a little.... blank right now. - and I think it might be the placement of her right eyebrow (our left) that's making it seem that way (If you cover up half her face, the left half has a lot of expression and the right half just looks bland.) I don't think it needs to be a huge adjustment... but yeah.

Gerezon: Looking good! I like the one without magic better, in terms of design, simply because in the original, I did not get the impression of the magic controlling the ravens. However! I do like the concept of the magic one much better and I think if you could somehow make a correlation between the magic in her hands and then string the magic through the feathers or in the eyes or talons or something, you could convey that same idea but use less "magic" in the actual image.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmoteyMote For This Useful Post:

Thanks

first rough

It's been a while since I've had the time to post anything, and it's a bit late to start this one with much hope of finishing on time...but better late than never. This is called my first rough, but I've tightened it a bit.CHOW 182 :: The MORRIGAN

Thanks
    Previous design didn't feel sufficiently crone-esque. Testing some "dress" made of blood ideas to tie into the battle theme.

CHOW 182 :: The MORRIGAN

Thanks
    Thanked 1,657 Times in 771 Posts
    Aand another one, and I'll probably stick with this one as well. It has got elements of all previous ones. But maybe I'll change my mind tomorrow :p
    Anyhoot, there are some issues with the foreshortening of the right arm I think and some weird stuff going on in the face, but I'll look at that tomorrow with a fresh pair of eyes

Avis Nocturna: Love the pose, mood and composition but check the left arm indeed.
    Mark Tarisse: F**n love this one. The texture on the hair and dress is fab Don't change the expression, she looks like she mourns all the soldiers that died throughout the ages.
    Tuner people, not Turner.

A mind that wanders so much, it brings back souvenirs.

Sketchbook -- Blog -- New Music --
    Traditional Paintings --
    The Drawing Dutchmen --
    Book Of Thumbs --

New Website!!!!!!!
    --

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixeltuner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 401 Posts
    @ Westoon - I love your sketch! The guys are, like, "unghn...bff...bleeding...argh...", and she`s, like, "Birdie!" XD Really hope you can finish it in time.

You know, people, there`s something I have to get off my chest. For a long time I thought that a degree in something ment you are qualified to do it. But ever since I joined CA, I`ve been proven wrong every single day! Those who don`t know (OMG, you don`t know that? Shame on you! ), I study fashion design and I thought that only those who studied were able to pull off a nice looking piece of clothing, both inventive and aesthetical. And, as I said...I was wrong. Most of pieces shown here have such amazing potential to become some of the BEST costumes ever made, and you people could work as costumographers w/o giving it a single thought. And, to top it all off - you`d probably be some of the best in the business. You people all deserve a

K, `nuff sweet talk `n`other emotional stuff, am not gonna get sobby, I`m a tough guy. In other news - what does a girl need to do when strolling down the battlefield? Well - ACCESSORIZE, of corse!

EDIT - pretty much done. Might give it a tweak or two this weekend, but this should be it.
    Last edited by PxelSlayer; December 4th, 2009 at 02:52 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PxelSlayer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    No time to crit, sorry, but here's an update on mine...

Attachment 844066

Thanks

colour sketch

here's my first pass at the colours...not sure how I want to treat the Morrigan, I want her bright, amid the relative drabness of the rest of the scene, but right now she looks like a statue...complete with perching bird.CHOW 182 :: The MORRIGAN

Thanks
    First attempt on the Morrigan. Just working on her style : a mix of raven feathers, bones and celtic ornaments.

Lot of great beginings (and almost finished works ) on this topic.

Mark Tarisse : Great work on color tones and attitude (but she looks too sad to brandish a sword )
    PixelTuner : I appreciate your work and your research on the charatcer. 'Like the last pose.
    PxelSlayer : Your concept looks great and your work on the lights promising.
    Daestwen, AvisNocturna : Cool concepts. 'wanna see the next step!
    JessiBean : Your start is fantastic (and you were already said about the proportion of her fist ).
    Dwinbotp : I liked your presentation of Cù Chulainn. I want to see your interpretation of the three Morrigan now
    Adam Schumpert : Your design sticks to the legend of the shapeshifter. I Like it!
    Nutter : Cool attitude : especially her piercing eyes.
    Poshspice : You chose the best concept you've done on the Morrigan. And the environment with dolmens on the background looks perfect.
    Last edited by napalm; December 2nd, 2009 at 10:10 PM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to napalm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quigleyer View Post
    From one of my favorite metal bands- "Maiden, Mother, and Crone" by The Sword

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL7ndxWgW5A
    heres another related metal song, from a band thats actually from Ireland:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Burhtun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    A .bit more I started playing with the contes in painter and I think I am falling in love. Still a good bit left to finish.

Thanks
    Awesome work folks. Will hopefully be able to go through and comment later.

Might actually get this done. We'll see. Might transfer to watercolor paper and paint. Who knows? Not a huge fan of digital painting...mostly because I'm not very good at it yet.

So many great pieces here already. I just can not understand how you can get that good. I am late to the party but this is what i got.

Thanks
    I hope I'm not too late to join in :3

Thanks
    Alright update. I'm thinking I'll leave it alone at this point unless someone points out a glaring mistake.
    Pixeltuner: I really like the one you settled on.
    Mark Tarrisse: you style is sweet! I want to reach out and touch her but I keep hitting my screen.
    westoon: maybe if you darken the value of the colours around her she'll glow without the halo. I did a quick multiply layer with a gray to show what I mean.
    JessiBean: Beautiful as always.
    Thanks everyone who commented earlier.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kailaan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    *Update - 12/3*

Sup yall, First time doing one of these (well getting close to finishing and posting) in about 2 years......still not that great, but i'm trying hard to get better at the painting.

Update-

Changed the right hand and the left shoulder and added in some effects ect...

starting to get sick of this piece...so i may leave it alone for a while

i'll go through later and comment on the work in here....incredible stuff all around as Usual, not sure how much help my crit would be for most of you
    Last edited by OurSin; December 3rd, 2009 at 09:02 PM.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast