Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanks, AvisNocturna.

The first version of my linework. It needs editing, but I kind of like it. There's something off about it though...

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wow the work so far is really beautiful, now I feel even farther behind. Computer problem fun time yesterday. Here is my sketch it is cloudy outside but I tried o take pic of my sketch anyway. I played with the brightness/ contrast function and came out with an odd blue ground color I kind of like. Now to painter and photoshop.

CHOW 182 :: The MORRIGAN

Thanks
    Quick Update... hope it shows the intent to portray her a as a "witchy" goddess. I have read comments and would have liked to go further with composition being more dynamic but I am severely limited in time and need to get this one done.

On the flip side a fair number of past "winners" have been exactly this - pretty much straight on or 3/4 view figure centered in frame. I think it allows easier development of the character without having to spend time figuring out a less straight forward pose. Especially if ref is not handy. Anyway - more time would mean more time spent figuring the comp.

I also intend to elaborate on the "wind" that is swirling around her by adding some evil spirits, etc... but only if time permits.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaGEEnation View Post
    More WIPS!

Almost finish I think...so let me know if there's anything I need to fix!
    ImaGEEnation,

Nice piece! I think it's cool to see a few people are going with red hair, which feels very Irish. It would be nice if things were a bit softer and shadowier in the background, (which is very warm and intense right now), to give a more ominous, deathly feel. Also, the background is coming forward a bit because of the color and some strong lines, so this would help pop the character forward. Be careful with the ravens--they're a great touch, but they feel very flat and cutout right now. Also, avoid using pure black. It needs to be mixed with a hue so it doesn't kill your color.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KentonLikesFish For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    lancer_idenoure: When you're replying, look beneath the text box, and beneath the reply buttons, there's a button labeled "Manage Attachments." Click that and you'll get a new window with all you need to upload.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JaderGader For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Always a little late to these and always mean to do them anyway, but before it gets really late to mention this...

From one of my favorite metal bands- "Maiden, Mother, and Crone" by The Sword

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL7ndxWgW5A

Never knew what it meant until researching this topic. Interesting. Now that I've done that I at least hope to get something done on this one .
    "She took the ice cube trays out of the freezer. What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    LOOK AT MY DEVIANT ART PAGE!
    LOOK AT MY FINALLY FINISHED PAGE!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quigleyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sketchy sketchy. Tried to give her bird like features and masculine anatomy (since she's sort of a war godess).

Thanks
    Thanks PxelSlayer, but I won't do that. Atleast not yet. I want to do something low saturated and some spots of more color. But who knows where this goes. I'll put that advice behind my ear

Thanks
    Nice, nice, nice.... its been months since the last time i follow chow (just following never submit any actually -___-) and bit regretting, missed many great topic...

have some rough scratch this time...^^

still many to learn, especially colouring... hhh.... hope can do some more (test in two weeks >__< 've to learn and work)

Thanks

Artina - The morrigan

Hey everyone,
    I finally finished what I had to do for work which left me time to work on this.
    I got caught up in the zone (I guess) and kept working on it up to this point. Eek. Any comments and crits are welcome.
    sketcheronline.deviantart.com
    www.sketcheronline.com

Thanks
    pxelslayer: thaaank you I actually think it's the best that way... Great painting btw, I love the epic pose and face. push the contrasts even more, It'll look great when finished!
    strybjorn: thanks your's is rather not so sweet and creepy, but I looove the lighting!
    liv: great concept, I like the idea of the masculine body and the birdfeatures. the eye on our right however seems to be alittle too much on the right side.

“Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy”

My Sketchbook DeviantArt

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nele Klumpe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    artina : gorgeous work, and i really like the colors, but theres something around the shoulders/head that feels off, its like the head isnt attached to the torso really, cant exactly put my finger on it.

Thanks
    A small update,

Thanks
    Lots of fab work

After much sketching, so far....

Thanks
    Mark Tarisse Great progress, still digging it! One thing I thought of though is that her expression is kind of sad, if she's going to be sad, maybe give her some incentive to be that way.
    Artina I think its turning out pretty damn sweet. One thing you could fiddle with a bit more is her stomach, i think there are too many fatfolds right below her chest.
    Avis Nocturna Digging it so far. There are a few issues with her left hand, it looks to me like its broken, and it looks like her left breast is hanging out from the side, it would probably be a bit stretched since shes holding her arms up.
    PxelSlayer Its got an epic feel, keep it up

Thanks for the comments guys, i pretty much redid everything tonight, think it works better. Having trouble deciding if I should keep the magic crap that she using to control the ravens. Any thoughts?

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gerezon For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast