Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any opinions on Max the Mutt from people who don't represent the school?

Thanks

Any opinions on Max the Mutt from people who don't represent the school?

I swear I tried to use the search engine but there are just too many matches for "Max the Mutt"

I've found a lot of info about the school from this site, however most if not all of it is from representatives of the school. Are there any graduates or current students out there? I'm mostly interested in the new Concept Art Major, and I would visit the school but its really, really far away...

I'm not really looking for suggestions on schools (already got a list made up), just opinions on MtM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by extra-card View Post
    I swear I tried to use the search engine but there are just too many matches for "Max the Mutt"
    hehe, I wonder why, anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Manley View Post
    As I said in the email I sent to you, I believe Maxx the Mutt to be a sub-par program which is not addressing the true needs of it's students. Regardless of my feelings I let you continue to post. No longer. Maxx the Mutt is now being removed from any posts on ConceptArt.Org. Your business endeavors and poor quality educational program is no longer welcome on this website.
    This was directed towards Maxine Schaecker. Someone who advertises the school.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks
    That makes a lot of sense...I was wondering why all the threads were locked.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Thanks

I think you should check them out

Frankly, because Jason has locked them out doesn't make them bad, especially since they are competition for Jason's Atlier. Remember, he has a major bias here. I would bet that he never visited the school nor did any real in-depth investigation.

As for Max the Mutt,They seemed to have a very strong program in 2d animation and concept art from what I can see. They are also VERY inexpensive. You should check them out and decide for yourself.I'm sure they can show you drawings from each level of studies and show you their placement results.
    Last edited by Taxguy; November 28th, 2009 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks
    http://burningmonster.blogspot.com/2...utt-entry.html <-- Interesting read about MtM

There's been people say Max the Mutt is a great school, and others say it's a total waste of time. The reviews are so mixed I decided the back away altogether.
    Also Maxine's constant advertisiting was really annoying me. If the school is good it should be able to run on its own reputation.
    I guess you'll need to talk to some MtM students to get a real good idea of the place. I wonder if there's any on here?

Thanks
    Check their website. I think their student work speaks for itself.

Thanks
    Cherry Cheesecake 100 notes,"Also Maxine's constant advertisiting was really annoying "

In terms of Max the Mutt's advertising, I really don't mind it. Using forums is MUCH cheaper than placing Banner ads. They are a small, very inexpensive school and want to keep it that way. I, for one, appreciate that they can provide the education that they provide at $10,000 per year! Would you prefer expensive advertising that will require them to charge $20K+ in tuition a year in order to recoup the high cost of advertising? If so, go to Ringling or Calarts.

Thanks
    I think it has more to do with the way she advertised. Some might consider it to be overly aggressive, redundant, and much of an annoyance.

Nothing to do with the cost of advertising here.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxguy View Post
    Cherry Cheesecake 100 notes,"Also Maxine's constant advertisiting was really annoying "

In terms of Max the Mutt's advertising, I really don't mind it. Using forums is MUCH cheaper than placing Banner ads. They are a small, very inexpensive school and want to keep it that way. I, for one, appreciate that they can provide the education that they provide at $10,000 per year! Would you prefer expensive advertising that will require them to charge $20K+ in tuition a year in order to recoup the high cost of advertising? If so, go to Ringling or Calarts.
    They charge $10k a year and call themselves inexpensive? Sheridan is only $7k and they advertise & have better facilities.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RyerOrdStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxguy View Post
    Frankly, because Jason has locked them out doesn't make them bad, especially since they are competition for Jason's Atlier. Remember, he has a major bias here. I would bet that he never visited the school nor did any real in-depth investigation.
    As was already pointed out earlier in this thread, the reason for banning Maxine Schacker was largely due to her spamming these forums with her own school, ignoring several warnings about this and fighting with an ex-employee all over the boards. This section of CA is mostly for students to discuss their education freely, not for every single school to compete with advertisements. As for the 'competition with the atelier' reason Maxine herself brought up, most of these warnings were issued way before announcements about the atelier were even made, and none of the other schools being discussed on here have been banned or have had their threads closed over this.

That said, I would like to point out to the OP and everyone reading this that Taxguy seems to be biased too in giving out information about Max the Mutt, as you might find out when checking his/her previous posts on here -most of them are about how good this school is in her opinion. I am leaning towards the suspicion it is Maxine in disguise but since I can't prove this I'll have to let it slide for now.
    Last edited by yoitisi; November 29th, 2009 at 06:42 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to yoitisi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yoitisi notes,"That said, I would like to point out to the OP and everyone reading this that Taxguy seems to be biased too in giving out information about Max the Mutt, as you might find out when checking his/her previous posts on here -most of them are about how good this school is in her opinion. I am leaning towards the suspicion it is Maxine in disguise but since I can't prove this I'll have to let it slide for now.[/QUOTE]

First, I am a guy and not a gal.

Although I probably have an admitted bias due to what I have seen and due to their pricing, I am NOT in any way, shape or form, affiliated with Max the Mutt. I am not part of their administration nor am I paid by them in any way. You can check this out by my address which is in the US. Max the Mutt is in Canada.

My bottom line is that folks should NOT take everything that is said here as gospel, even from me. They should check out the various schools themselves and form their own opinion.

As for Maxine's overreaching due to her marketing, as I noted, I really don't mind. She has to have a way to promote her school without resorting to expensive ads. Yes, maybe should should have toned it down since these are NOT her forums. However , personally, I really didn't mind her comments,which usually were fairly thought out ( with the exception of the fight with the supposedly ex-employee, who really started the dispute).In fact, I felt that banning her from posting was really a disservice to those that participated here. I don't believe in banning people who simply promote their schools as part of their discussion,but I am not the owner of the site.
    Last edited by Taxguy; November 29th, 2009 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks
    Oh, when Maxine wasn't advertising her school, she often had interesting things to say. It's a shame I started to flinch every time her name popped up, bracing myself for another MtM advertisement, I liked her otherwise.
    Taxguy, if it is not too rude or personal, may I ask your relationship with Max the Mutt? You seem to defend it quite strongly.

Thanks
    cherry cheescake 100 asks,Taxguy, if it is not too rude or personal, may I ask your relationship with Max the Mutt? You seem to defend it quite strongly."

Response: I have already noted my relationship to them in post number 11. I was simply a parent who looked at Max the Mutt for my daughter. Although we didn't feel it was right for her since she is primarily into 3d work, we thought that they had a very good program for what they offer. This was particularly true for their rather inexpensive price for non-Canadians. Places like Sheridan were very expensive for non-Canadians.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast