w.i.p thoughts
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: w.i.p thoughts

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

w.i.p thoughts

With this one I wanted to try something different.

The flowers represent thoughts and hope growing from his mind. Some bloom, som die, etc etc.

I was wondering what you think about the composotion? I really tried to stay away from those widescreen picture formats and experiment with different aspect ratios.

This is just a basic line drawing, later on I will perhaps paint it.

Im thinking about making the image somewhat wider and perhaps add another character as a foreground- or background element. Just feel like somethings missing the way it is now, perhaps you can point it out?

Last edited by tja88; May 20th, 2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think he shouldn't be so hunched over if he is thinking hopeful thoughts. Right now he seems kind of disheartened and crestfallen.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The colours will set the mood to something pretty melancholic later on, and him being hunched over is because he is alone in wasteland with hope slowly but surely giving up on him. I should have explained that better, I'm sorry.

That is why I'm thinking about adding another character and making the image somewhat wider, showing that maybe there is hope for him after all. I just dont know if it's worth a shot or if the composition works the way it is? Maybe adding a bunch of stuff will break the concept and sorta make it too obvious.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is really neat line art color could work I'm sure but I think it's unnecessary, with the lines cleaned up a little they're definitely strong enough to make a picture on there own. If you're still working on this I think instead of making it wider narrower could be very interesting. If you pull the current foreground flower forward and in closer to the head and then have the middle-ground one sort of hanging down a bit lower and closer as well that could give a more extreme sense of depth which I think would help with the symbolism you're trying to use in your piece by creating an unreal environment.

I have nothing interesting to say but here's my sketchbook, perhaps you'll think I've drawn something interesting XD http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=167964

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.