Thanks

I wonder if you could help me?

Hi,
    My name is Chermilla and I only joined this site today...I am on a quest to find out about what its like to be a concept artist. I am nearing the end of my final year in university at the surret institute of art and design in London, England and as part of my course I have to do a design investagation which is basically finding out about the industry i want to go into when I leave. I want to be a concept artist and so thought I'd go in search of professionals that already work in the industry and have experience and knowledge of it. I would like to know the following.....

1) I know to be a good concept artist you need to be skilled with many mediums on paper but is there other things that I need to be good at also?

2) Because the industry is so male orientated do you think that myself, being a woman would find it more difficult to become a concept artist?

3) Some of the artwork on this site is amazing, and even though I know I'm a good artist when I look at some of the work on here i feel that maybe I wont be up to scratch, how long does it take to become as good as that, and was you always that good or has working in the industry helped you become a better artist?

4) And finally are there any good tips you can give me to help me put together a good portfolio? What sort of work should I display in it?

I really hope that lots of you can answer my questions as it would really help me with my degree and also give me a good insight to what is involved in being a good concept artist.
    cheers!!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    check out this post, it answers a few of your questions.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...&threadid=6649
    -------
    I wont fail now

Thanks
    thanks, that thread was very useful!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.