Art school in Sweden. Any recomendations?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Art school in Sweden. Any recomendations?

Good day to you all! I'm 18 and about to graduate from upper secondary school next year. And from there apply to another education.

But as many others may have been, I'm not 100% sure of where to go. I'm pretty determined that I want to go to an art school since becoming as good as the people in Massive Black for an example, is one of my biggest dreams. And by that it might come clear that it's the fantasy, sci-fi and such that's my main interest.

But the problem lies within the question, of where, I should apply. I don't know much at all of schools in Sweden wich are capable of helping me achieve my goal. And that's where I hope some of you could fill in.

If anyone here has something to say about it, then please feel free to do so. This is very important for me and I would be very thankful for some help & advice

And if you've got any other advice that might include studying in another country or so, feel free to talk about that too

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I Would also appriciate an answer. Ralucard, did you find out anything yet?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Royal University College of Fine Arts is an institution in Stockholm, Sweden for higher education in art. You can find out more infomation at http://www.kkh.se/. Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, have yu found any art schools yet, I'm a third year student at the Florence Academy of Art. I was in your situation a few years ago. If you really want to learn how to draw and paint a recommend going to an atelier. As they're aren't any good schools for illustration and concept art in sweden, all you can learn is how to draw, then do your homework on the side.

Check out the websitehttp://www.florenceacademyofart.com/sweden.php

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the best bet if you to study to be a concept artist in sweden is to go for Industrial Design. Umeå and Lund supposedly have good ID programmes. Umeå also offers a master program in transportation design.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 666 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencilator View Post
    Hi, have yu found any art schools yet, I'm a third year student at the Florence Academy of Art. I was in your situation a few years ago. If you really want to learn how to draw and paint a recommend going to an atelier. As they're aren't any good schools for illustration and concept art in sweden, all you can learn is how to draw, then do your homework on the side.

Check out the websitehttp://www.florenceacademyofart.com/sweden.php
    Hey I was wondering the same thing, I'll write in english hehe.
    I've been thinking about ateliers, both atelier stockholm and florene academy.. problem i how do you get the money? I know that Angel Academy in florence is CSN accepted, another school I'm interested in. I don't think Atelier Stockhlm is.
    How did you afford going to mölndal?
    tackar för svar!

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you're looking for an art school in Sweden, I don't think you can get any better than Atelier Stockholm. I did a workshop there last summer and it was great, so I'll be doing one (or more) again coming summer.

sketchbook: http://c ghub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6480
    Deviantart
    Last.fm

"We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to set sail for the stars." -Carl Sagan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For design I would recommend Design Högskolan in Umeå, been there a few times and their program is high standard internationally. In the transportation program I think they're only second to Artcenter.

I would recommend checking out both the ateliers in Sweden before deciding on one of them. First of, look at student work.
    I haven't visited Atelier stockholm, but I've talked to a lot of students coming from that direction.
    And it's also good to know that though the ateliers seem alike, they teach different foundations.
    The florence academy is farily free for being an atelier, what they teach us is how to see, not any special technic of how to do a painting by numbers, and that freedom, though it might not seem much gives a big individuality though we're all praticing the classical way of painting.

But i'll say it again, can't say which school is the best until you've tried them all. All I know I'm very happy with what I've learnt this far. And all the studying from nature hasn't choked my imaginative side, rather feed it.

Being in a an atelier isn't the easiest thing here in Sweden but it's possible. The Florence Academy of Art allows financial aid if you go to florence, but not here in Sweden.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to P E N Ricklund For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Check out the positive comments made by Weta concept artists about the education offered by Atelier Stockholm on the school's testimonials page (at the bottom). Here's a link: http://www.atelierstockholm.se/index...ntid=70&lang=1

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.