Attachment manager

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Attachment manager

I'm sure this is far from the first time this issue has been brought up, but the attachment manager has become more than an annoyance to me lately..

I was attaching a bunch of pictures in my sketchbook, when all of a sudden all the images i was attaching were gone, only the last one i uploaded was there.. Then after reuploading ten or so of them all of ca went down and took my images with it, just as i posted. The back button saved the text, no luck with the images.. So yeah, frustration is an understatement.

Normally i don't have a problem with the tedious insertion of all the info of every image, but when i have to do it three times for a bunch of images it becomes REALLY tedious. It would be awesome to save a couple of presets, so one could automatically fill in info thats used often. (like sketchbooks - observation - photoshop etc.) Saving custom presets and naming them would be a super welcome feature. I'd trade my gallery page for that feature any day of the week!

Right now, to be safe, i'm uploading a few images, saving, editing the post to add a few more, repeat until done. Its not really ideal, and discourages posting any more than a couple of images at the time.

Batch uploads where you would input the copyright and category info to apply to all selected images would also be heavenly!

//edit: As for why my uploads suddenly disappeared the first time, i have no idea. But if it helps troubleshooting i'm running firefox on windows 7 64 bit.

Last edited by Slash; November 23rd, 2009 at 03:40 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    I would too love to have the attachment manager more...well, manageable Didn't they say that a batch update would come with CA v.4? I can't wait for it!

Although I haven't really experienced the same problems as you, there's another thing that happens frequently. After I've uploaded a bunch, I go back to my post and want to insert them where appropriate, but then the drop-down menu just doesn't work, nothing happens when I click it! Very frustrating, I usually have to reload the page (which means uploading the entire bunch again) and hoping it'll work that time.
    I'm using Opera v.10.0 on a Mac, btw.

But yeah, like I mentioned, isn't there an update in these matters on the horizon?

sketchbook / sketchblog / deviantart / facebook / twitter / e-mail

"assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - cicero
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.