Scanner blues (canoscan lide25 on windows 7)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Scanner blues (canoscan lide25 on windows 7)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Scanner blues (canoscan lide25 on windows 7)

Hi there gang. I'm at the end of my rope here, trying to make my scanner work.

Its a canoscan lide 25, and i'm running windows 7.

I download the driver, and run the exe, but after the uncompress bar finishes, the process just cancels, no errors, nothing. It just acts like i didn't do anything. Does any of you have an idea of what might be wrong, or how i might go about doing this any other way?

Or better yet, have any of you any experience with this particular scanner on windows 7? I'm running 64bit, which MIGHT be a problem, since the hundreds of forum posts and technical talks i've read around the interwebs suggests that the scanner might not be 64bit compatible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,629 Times in 416 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, hi, ok... I'm sure you tried all of this, but just to be sure, try:

1. Have u tried this driver? ... of course, select windows 7 x64.

2. Also try right-clicking the .exe and select run as admin.

If that doesn't work:

3. Try decompressing the .exe with winrar, and with any luck, there will be some .inf or something like that that you can use to install the scanner via the Systems Properties (windows key + pause key (or right-click on "my pc" -> properties)), look for the scanner, it should be with an ! (if you can't find it, unplug and replug the scanner to other usb port) and in the driver tab, press the button to update driver, and choose the path to the .inf.

Ok, that's all I can say without the computer in front of me. Windows is always the same, and I'm saying all this from memory, so... I hope it works.

Good luck!

Science is interesting and if you don't agree, you can fuck off! (Richard Dawkins [Beyond Belief{ paraphrasing Alan Anderson, New Scientist}]).
    Mediawiki | Google+

3. The Following User Says Thank You to slug45 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did you look into your preferences (control panel or whatever they call it in Windows 7)? Sometimes a thing installs and the computer just stashes it somewhere without enabling it or setting it as a default scanner. If the scanner can be seen in the "printers and scanners" but it's just not working maybe you can make a copy of that scanner in there and then set the default to the new copy. For whatever weird reason, sometimes that works.

Not trying to be a smart aleck: but is the scanner plugged in? Is the cable between the scanner and the computer plugged in at both ends for sure?

Last edited by arttorney; November 23rd, 2009 at 10:45 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arttorney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pretty weird problem you got there. My scanner installed automatically during the Windows 7 installation. I have an HP Scanjet pro though...

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.