A couple concepts

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A couple concepts

Thanks for looking and please share anything you think might help me. I think part of my problem is just being impatient with every piece I do. I'd love to put in the amount of detail I see in the "Its Finally Finished" section but I just can't seem to keep myself interested.

The idea for these two characters came from an album by the band Opeth called "Still Life".
    This guy is my protagonist, he got kicked out of his town/village 15 years ago for not believing in the same religion as the rest of the people. He's just come back to get the love of his life and take her away. He tries to blend in with the homeless population so as not to be recognized.
    A couple concepts

This is Melinda. The protagonist comes back to the village to find out that she has become a nun of sorts (this fictional religion's version of a nun, called a Godhead). I imagine her being a sort of a bookwormy mentor to children. Tats on her arm would be scripture, scarf around waist is for early summer cool mornings.
    A couple concepts

So yeah any kind of advice is appreciated. And, if you'd like to know more about the story, there is a thing called wikipedia

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mr.Badguy; November 21st, 2009 at 01:47 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You should concentrate on one piece at a time- They are both suffering from lack of TLC

You seem to be aiming for a simple clean style, but the scratchy line work is fucking up that consistency. Focus on calligraphy and line weight in a new layer. Aim for sculpting the perfect line. Use a medium sized brush and a slightly smaller eraser. Think of each line as a shape. You totally have the chops for this, just focus.

Homeboy's feet are too wide. Make his shoes fit his personality.

The ladies arm is in focus, study that particular anatomy situation a little.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im not sure what you mean about the arm being in focus, care to elaborate?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Her arm was the most prominent element in her design. You see more of her arm than her face. She is reaching for an object as well. She has distinctive tattoos as well. Her long skinny tattooed arms are more relevant to her likeness than her mouth.

When I said in focus I should have just said the focus. (I was drinking last night)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.