Comics/web comics

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Comics/web comics

Anyone on here done web comics? What are the best sites to host them on? Also what is the best section of CA to post comic layouts on?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've done webcomics, currently working on getting back to work on one of them. There are a couple places that come to mind for hosting. Comic Genesis is one to look at; it's free and other than a quick review (from looking at their page). Another is Drunk Duck, also free, as is SmackJeeves. All three have been around and hosting comics in some form or name for a number of years, and have a variety of genres and titles of varying quality. There's also Comic Dish, but I don't know much about this one, nor of any titles that are hosted by it. These all (should) have management software to keep up the archives and tutorials on how to use it. I've used Comic Genesis in the past and haven't had any problems.

As far as posting layouts on CA, the best place is the Panels of the Week section http://www.conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145 . It's a bit less active than the other sections, but Ilaekae is working on that. There is a sticky thread for posting comics not meant for the weekly competitions, and there is always your sketchbook.

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Asatira For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've done a comic going on 7 years now. I have yet to believe I'm good enough or prompt enough to have my own webpage so I use Deviantart. Many of the webcomics that I know of use the ones mentioned by Asatira or create their own page using the Wordpress theme Comic press. They're both free.

One person I watch has a comic here, but as the name says, I think that's for girls.

I've seen layouts in people's sketchbooks.

Sketchbook
    I use MSPaint.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaileighblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, if you can, host your own use wordpress. You would be amazed that people actually arrive at your site. There are some web comic plugins for it too.

I don't like Comic Genesis, as it seems to have hacked links (anti-spyware scams).
    Also if you post to a Comic Gallery site MAKE SURE YOU READ THE TOS! I've seen Terms of service disclaimers where if you agree to post, they can resell your art to a 3rd party.

Carrara 7 Pro, Anime Studio Pro 5.6, Hexagon 2.5, Zbrush 3.5, Project Dogwaffle Pro4, Manga Studio, trueSpace 7.6, Corel Draw X3 and WACOM Cintiq12WX user.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Magnatude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Kaileighblue for the Comic Press link. That could be useful if/when I get back to another comic project (I have two in addition to my current one I want to get to someday).

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Members who have read this thread: 1