Good morning - I've been on CA and have kept a gallery here for a while, but I never had the time or dedication to maintain a decent consistency of sketchbooks until now, so I'll try my hand at one.

The first piece I've got to offer is a development of a concept of a Ship design for an Indie MMO, as a concept development thread journal stuff thing.
Comments, suggestions, everything - please help me learn and improve!
IF you use SAI and photoshop CS4 especially

Damascus57's first sketchbook & paint tool SAI
3 inch by 3 inch initial sketch. Was done under the instruction of "Viking Dragon ship crossed with Barbary corsair.
Not much to it there.

A4 sized template. Polish isn't too much of an issue at this stage.

This was the first feedback copy done. The hull is the primary point of insanity; the amount of polish needed to go into this puppy was insane.

And another progress report. This was the stage where progress was actually being made - 12 hours after this stage, the hull, the neck and the wings would be finished.
I quite like the process of polishing the gold on the wings and on the Wolf. Very smooth, very nice results for a first timer like myself.

Not much to say here except that this is where it began to get painful - all of these repeditive airbrushes, subtle highlights, making sure that every pixel is presentable. GAAWRRD.

Getting there. Still needing more details and polish.

Getting close. I love the wolf, but client would rather something with a bit less bite, so meh. Will change it.

First *REAL* attempt at painting something substantial. I will say it turned out alright. Took far too much work to be worth it. I wish I could remember a more in depth analysis of the process of creating this ship, but deadlines force me into early hours of the morning which kill brain cells which means I probably don't learn much because I can't remember what I learned except that drybrushing is the best form of highlighting on rough surfaces, and water is good for smooth, reflective surfaces.

The Style I had to adhere to is pixelarty and slightly cartoonish. Although this piece of work doesn't resemble either of those styles, It's been a huge learning curve for me to do something this refined on a 3 x 4 inch tablet with 512 levels of pressure sensitivity and no tilt detection.
So I'm looking to get a biggar tablet to support my addiction to digital painting

I hope the image linking works